Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e xDrive iPerformance

Cool Option Packaging for the New M5 ?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hello all,

This new M5 as all the previous generations is going to be a beast. What has me torn is I tend to be a gadget junkie when it comes to options. As a E93 owner (My first M) I was shocked that BMW doesn't allow you to have all the options available to you as their counterpart non-M cars; for example night vision, and radar cruise control aren't available for the previous/current M5.

I always thought with the M you can have the best of both worlds and I'm not sure why BMW would limit such options. I think it would be sweet if they offered the side view cameras, and this new parking assistant to the new M5.

What are you thoughts? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 04:19 PM   #2
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: Too many cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot_bro2003 View Post
Hello all,

This new M5 as all the previous generations is going to be a beast. What has me torn is I tend to be a gadget junkie when it comes to options. As a E93 owner (My first M) I was shocked that BMW doesn't allow you to have all the options available to you as their counterpart non-M cars; for example night vision, and radar cruise control aren't available for the previous/current M5.

I always thought with the M you can have the best of both worlds and I'm not sure why BMW would limit such options. I think it would be sweet if they offered the side view cameras, and this new parking assistant to the new M5.

What are you thoughts? Thanks!
Nightvision and radar cruise control? THey should eliminate it and not offer it because this car is meant to be driven. More unnessary stuff to break. I'm happy with the motor and good brakes and suspension. THis is why cars are becoming to technologically designed with pointless gadgets and options. keep it simple.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 10:54 PM   #3
pilot_bro2003
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e xDrive iPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by NlckyBlack View Post
Nightvision and radar cruise control? THey should eliminate it and not offer it because this car is meant to be driven. More unnessary stuff to break. I'm happy with the motor and good brakes and suspension. THis is why cars are becoming to technologically designed with pointless gadgets and options. keep it simple.
One one hand I wholeheartedly agree but on the other you could make the same argument about KERS and the goodies BMW has in mind in keeping with its "Efficient Dynamics" mantra. Agreed the car is meant to be driven but I figure the majority of the time it's going to be a commute car 80-90% of the time so why not have the other useful features as it's non-M stable mate.
Appreciate 0