M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

04-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
ojp5q
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 BMW 535 x-drive

Garage List
Gently Used 2014 M5 with CP - Good Deal?

Hola M5 experts,

Test driving a 2014 LCI M5 this weekend that has 4,xxx miles on it. It's pretty loaded with Executive Pack, Lighting Package, Full Leather, Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Competition Pack, and B&O.

Car is in perfect condition and is listed at $94,000. What do you guys think about this? It seems to be in line with a +/-20% depreciation from the MSRP of $117K but do you think I can do better?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:02 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I know the exact car you are talking about. It's the Singapore Gray one. Yeah that car seems to good to be true almost, but your right it is sort of in line with expected depreciation rates. So yeah just test drive it and see how she feels. Too bad I'm going to be out of town this weekend, otherwise I'd ride in the back seat with you and give you my assessment of the car.

Since the car is already broken in don't be afraid to ask the dealer to put everything on Sport+ mode and mash the throttle. It's what the car is made for. Big things to look out for are any brake squeal, and rattles from the B-Pillars or Center Speaker on the B&O, any gremlins in the iDrive, any excessive wear and tear on the leather or tires or paint.

And get the full story of why it has such low miles and who the previous owner was.

Let me know how it goes dude.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:19 PM   #3
DrRay81
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 CS Frozen White

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojp5q View Post
Hola M5 experts,

Test driving a 2014 LCI M5 this weekend that has 4,xxx miles on it. It's pretty loaded with Executive Pack, Lighting Package, Full Leather, Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, Competition Pack, and B&O.

Car is in perfect condition and is listed at $94,000. What do you guys think about this? It seems to be in line with a +/-20% depreciation from the MSRP of $117K but do you think I can do better?

Thanks!
i'm pretty sure i test drove this car before i got mine, the car seemed to be well sorted out, i didn't notice anything. I never had the intention of buying that specific car as i was ordering an individual but when i drove it i didn't notice anything that jumped out at me. I'm assuming it's singapore grey with 343 wheels and silverstone interior at passport? i think you're right that you can do a bit better with the price. Their margins are pretty strict if we're talking about the same dealership and they ended up not being able to get the deal done with me and i went elsewhere but the people there are honest and very nice. i would've went through them had the numbers worked out. I still use them for all my service and have been very pleased.
2017 F87 M2 BSM DCT, Executive, IND Cosmetic package (painted front reflectors, black grills, black badge, accexxon rear reflectors), IND floor mats, Mode Carbon Rear Spoiler, Dinan Resonator Delete, CTS Intake, Eibach Pro kit
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:28 PM   #4
ojp5q
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I know the exact car you are talking about. It's the Singapore Gray one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray101381 View Post
I'm assuming it's singapore grey with 343 wheels and silverstone interior at passport?
Nail on the head...both of you. I appreciate the feedback guys. I'm actually working a deal right now with them (lease v. finance) and will let you know how it goes after the test drive!

Since it's a used car, I’m wondering what they'll offer in terms of the lease (higher residual since it's used and already depreciated some?). Either way, I'll try and get the cap cost or final sale price down as much as possible. Stay tuned.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:41 PM   #5
DrRay81
Second Lieutenant
Rep

i didn't know you could lease a pre-owned car? i know alot of the guys that work there. tell them the guy with the Laguna Seca Blue M5 said to give you a good deal they missed out on 2 M5's and a 328d when they couldn't make my deal happen. i went to another friend of mine at a different dealer and me and a couple friends picked up 2 m5's and a 328 that day. but i do like the passport guys. I worked with Mark White with my gf's 135i, good, honest guy. if you see him tell him ray says hello.
2017 F87 M2 BSM DCT, Executive, IND Cosmetic package (painted front reflectors, black grills, black badge, accexxon rear reflectors), IND floor mats, Mode Carbon Rear Spoiler, Dinan Resonator Delete, CTS Intake, Eibach Pro kit
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:49 PM   #6
ojp5q
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
i didn't know you could lease a pre-owned car? i know alot of the guys that work there. tell them the guy with the Laguna Seca Blue M5 said to give you a good deal they missed out on 2 M5's and a 328d when they couldn't make my deal happen. i went to another friend of mine at a different dealer and me and a couple friends picked up 2 m5's and a 328 that day. but i do like the passport guys. I worked with Mark White with my gf's 135i, good, honest guy. if you see him tell him ray says hello.
Yeah, I didn't either until I asked. I figured since I don't drive too much ~10K/yr and will keep it until the new G30 5-series comes out, it could be a win win. I just got a call from them, however, and BOY WAS I WRONG! They quoted me at $1800+ per month with a $42,000 residual (based on some inflated "true value" of the car). Welp, that's out of the question but was worth a shot and I learned something. I'll definitely tell them you said hello, Ray. Can't wait to drive (and possibly buy) this beast!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Yeah, I didn't either until I asked. I figured since I don't drive too much ~10K/yr and will keep it until the new G30 5-series comes out, it could be a win win. I just got a call from them, however, and BOY WAS I WRONG! They quoted me at $1800+ per month with a $42,000 residual (based on some inflated "true value" of the car). Welp, that's out of the question but was worth a shot and I learned something. I'll definitely tell them you said hello, Ray. Can't wait to drive (and possibly buy) this beast!
$1,800 for a lease?? How many months? Like 12? Lol! That's super low for a residual too. Something is up with that car. Or maybe it's like Ray said, it's just them. I'd try and talk them down to $90k out the door. I mean, people aren't exactly falling over themselves to try and buy M5's around this area.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #8
DrRay81
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
send me a PM and if you're interested i can point you in the right direction. I know I got a great deal as did another forum member through my referral, we actually took delivery the same day!
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:07 PM   #9
ojp5q
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
$1,800 for a lease?? How many months? Like 12? Lol! That's super low for a residual too. Something is up with that car. Or maybe it's like Ray said, it's just them. I'd try and talk them down to $90k out the door. I mean, people aren't exactly falling over themselves to try and buy M5's around this area.
haha, I know! Crazy, right? It must be a used car thing - I guess lease deals aren't worth it even if the car is close to new (thats probably why they’re unheard of).

I was playing around with the $90K idea too...we shall see

Quote:
send me a PM and if you're interested i can point you in the right direction. I know I got a great deal as did another forum member through my referral, we actually took delivery the same day!
I definitely will. Look for a message after this weekend, once I have all the info from Passport.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 02:41 PM   #10
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Quote:
Yup... It'll be low 75-80s by 10-13k... I bet they bought that back from the owner for 85 lol ton of profit in that car I'm guessing.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #11
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojp5q
Hola M5 experts,

Thanks!
Actually it is
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #12
VIJAYSM3
Private
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray101381
Quote:
Yup trust Ray is all I can say .