M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

06-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #23
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

In my case, I ordered my car late June and my production started mid July and car arrived in Halifax port on the 2nd week of August and I picked up my car end of August.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donser View Post
Thanks for the feedback! I guess patience is a good virtue to have.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 10:15 AM   #24
Donser
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10

I just spoke to BMW Canada and they are indicating a July 28 production date. By the time I get this thing it'll be Christmas...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
In my case, I ordered my car late June and my production started mid July and car arrived in Halifax port on the 2nd week of August and I picked up my car end of August.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 02:46 PM   #25
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

No way. You are still looking at early Sept delivery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donser View Post
I just spoke to BMW Canada and they are indicating a July 28 production date. By the time I get this thing it'll be Christmas...
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #26
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

Comp pack retails for $6500 while it's $7300 in USA? Has BMW Canada finally feeling guilty for charging too much money in the past?
      07-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #27
Orich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
Comp pack retails for $6500 while it's $7300 in USA? Has BMW Canada finally feeling guilty for charging too much money in the past?
I'm sure BMW Canada is getting the difference elsewhere from our wallets.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2013, 11:50 AM   #28
JUPJAI
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 LE Santorini Blue II

BMW AG let me add the Light Sen Wood, powered towing option that retracts, Amaro brown full leather - all not yet available in Canada. PTS is Laguna Seca Blue.

Great SA at Jessel - Andrew Hong.
Appreciate 0
      08-24-2013, 11:35 PM   #29
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2015 SO M3 (on order)

Guys,

I'm looking at possibly ordering a 2014 M5 towards the end of this year. I currently drive an M Sport 335i but now need more space and slightly better performance.

Initially I thought 535i M Sport but I've heard of people getting really good deals on the M5.

Would anyone be able to share or maybe PM me their details on what a "reasonably" loaded M5 would cost around? Lease or finance details would also be highly appreciated.

I may end up getting a 535i M Sport or if the fiancé ends up liking the X5, I'll get the M3/4 instead.

But for now, since my fiancé doesn't like driving, the M5 seems like a great balance for me; excellent performance for when I take the car to the track and also a great family mover.

Let me know guys...Thanks in advance!
      08-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #30
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Maz,

If you order one at the beginning of the model year, typically, dealer will discount about 5% max, that's if you have bought a car from the same dealer. In your case, you may want to try again at BMW Mississauga, where you got your F30. For me, I shopped my M5 right across all the bmw dealers in the GTA, whoever gives me the best trade in and discount for the car, that's the dealer I will buy from. Obviously. I ended up buying from T&C BMW.

But if you get one at the end of the model year, like right now for MY 2013, you are looking at about 15% (both factory & dealer side discounts), that's because there are still many M5 MY2013 sitting @ dealers' lots. Therefore, for MY2014, nobody knows what the inventory supply will be like in 2014 summer, and the level of discount will be unknown.

As for leasing & financing rates, there are no breaks, unlike a F30, you may be looking at 5-6% interest rates throughout the year and probably see the rates drop only towards at end of model year, which may occur around Jun/Jul/Aug. If you are leasing, as you know, the residual is the highest right now for MY2014 and lowest towards the end of Model Year.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #31
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead
Maz,

If you order one at the beginning of the model year, typically, dealer will discount about 5% max, that's if you have bought a car from the same dealer. In your case, you may want to try again at BMW Mississauga, where you got your F30. For me, I shopped my M5 right across all the bmw dealers in the GTA, whoever gives me the best trade in and discount for the car, that's the dealer I will buy from. Obviously. I ended up buying from T&C BMW.

But if you get one at the end of the model year, like right now for MY 2013, you are looking at about 15% (both factory & dealer side discounts), that's because there are still many M5 MY2013 sitting @ dealers' lots. Therefore, for MY2014, nobody knows what the inventory supply will be like in 2014 summer, and the level of discount will be unknown.

As for leasing & financing rates, there are no breaks, unlike a F30, you may be looking at 5-6% interest rates throughout the year and probably see the rates drop only towards at end of model year, which may occur around Jun/Jul/Aug. If you are leasing, as you know, the residual is the highest right now for MY2014 and lowest towards the end of Model Year.
Amazing info! Thanks!

I've bought two BMW's from BMW of Sauga so I may check with them again.

It seems like my best bet would be to negotiate towards end of next month on any existing 2013 models they may have. But isn't 2014 LCI? So I may miss out on a few things?

If u don't mind me asking, what were the lease particulars in your case. How much did u put down and how much are u paying per month?

Thanks again!
      08-25-2013, 03:21 PM   #32
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

14 is LCI and new for this year includes options to get competition pkg + led headlights + ceramic brakes, etc. That's why the 13 is such a big discounter by the dealers. I had communicated to a couple of M5 buyers (in the GTA) in this forum recently and they were in your exact situation, huge discount on 13 or get a 14 LCI with maybe 4-5% off at most.

In my case, I bought mine (13 right at the beginning of model year, ie. July 2012; delivered in August 2012) outright with trade in of my 11 550xdrive which TCBMW gave me an insane trade in value, which I cannot say No to.

As for the car discount at that time, being the car is very hot with a modest waiting list, most dealers will give 0% discount, take it or leave it attitude, including BMW Mississauga, Maranello, Endras, Budds and Autohaus. Serpa and Gerogian willing to give like 1-2%, while BMW Toronto will give 4% (being repeat customer) but I ended up with TCBMW which gave 3.35%. BMW London is willing to match anyone but I figure that's way too far to bring the car back.

Anyway, here is your tactic if dealing with '13, I am sure you can get about $15K off (on a base car + executive pkg), you can also push for factory winter set of wheels & tires, retail for $4800 but cost to the dealer is about $3000 and if you have to pay, Maranello & BMW Mississauga will sell to you for $3600 (Maxbimmer price), this is a must if you want to drive the M5 in our winter months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Amazing info! Thanks!

It seems like my best bet would be to negotiate towards end of next month on any existing 2013 models they may have. But isn't 2014 LCI? So I may miss out on a few things?

If u don't mind me asking, what were the lease particulars in your case. How much did u put down and how much are u paying per month?

Thanks again!
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #33
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead
14 is LCI and new for this year includes options to get competition pkg + led headlights + ceramic brakes, etc. That's why the 13 is such a big discounter by the dealers. I had communicated to a couple of M5 buyers (in the GTA) in this forum recently and they were in your exact situation, huge discount on 13 or get a 14 LCI with maybe 4-5% off at most.

In my case, I bought mine (13 right at the beginning of model year, ie. July 2012; delivered in August 2012) outright with trade in of my 11 550xdrive which TCBMW gave me an insane trade in value, which I cannot say No to.

As for the car discount at that time, being the car is very hot with a modest waiting list, most dealers will give 0% discount, take it or leave it attitude, including BMW Mississauga, Maranello, Endras, Budds and Autohaus. Serpa and Gerogian willing to give like 1-2%, while BMW Toronto will give 4% (being repeat customer) but I ended up with TCBMW which gave 3.35%. BMW London is willing to match anyone but I figure that's way too far to bring the car back.

Anyway, here is your tactic if dealing with '13, I am sure you can get about $15K off (on a base car + executive pkg), you can also push for factory winter set of wheels & tires, retail for $4800 but cost to the dealer is about $3000 and if you have to pay, Maranello & BMW Mississauga will sell to you for $3600 (Maxbimmer price), this is a must if you want to drive the M5 in our winter months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
Amazing info! Thanks!

Thanks again!
Thx buddy!

PM sent...
      08-25-2013, 04:06 PM   #34
Orich
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

+1 to bobblehead's comments.

5.5% off MRSP in my case for LCI M5 factory order.
2013 M5 deals are better, and I was offered at one point, 111k (base + exec) on the road price.

Factory winter tire set $3600 was the quote I got as well. Down from $4800 MRSP apparently. This is a MUST have as the stock 20" Pilot Super Sport Michelin rubber will turn into hockey pucks in the winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post

08-25-2013, 08:09 PM   #35
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Maz,

your ultimate goal is to get $16 - $20K off the '13 fully loaded one. If you can do that, then the discount at least will take off a bit of the sting from low residual & somewhat higher interest rate.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2013, 10:39 PM   #36
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
Canada
Rep

Thanks a lot Orich and Bobblehead for all the PM's! Appreciate all your quality advice!

I now know exactly what to ask for so lets see where I end up.

Thanks again guys!