Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

04-03-2013, 07:05 PM   #1
Type11
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB M5

Small Brake Pedal

So to start off I will say I have some nerve damage in my right foot which makes my feeling in that foot very poor. Almost a club foot ;-) Anyway I keep slipping off my brake or only hitting a small part of it by touch. I started looking at it and my old e60 brake pedal (did not have this issue) and my friends 550i (also a couple other cars) and noticed it is SMALL. It is like it thought it would have a clutch pedal and then on the dual clutch they didn't do anything to account for it not having it.

Anyone else notice this? Also does anyone know if I can get a f10 brake pedal and install it on the m5 without any real problems?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #2
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type11 View Post
I started looking at it and my old e60 brake pedal (did not have this issue) and my friends 550i (also a couple other cars) and noticed it is SMALL. It is like it thought it would have a clutch pedal and then on the dual clutch they didn't do anything to account for it not having it.

Anyone else notice this? Also does anyone know if I can get a f10 brake pedal and install it on the m5 without any real problems?
I have noticed the small size of the brake pedal, and also wish it were positioned to the left an inch or two. I like to brake with my left foot on this car, and it always seems too close to my right foot on the accelerator. Since there is no heel and toe with the DCT, I wonder why BMW didn't change the pedal positioning for the DCT cars? I suppose that change might affect the feel for those who do brake with the right foot...
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 07:02 AM   #3
Tomcat2048
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Type11 View Post
So to start off I will say I have some nerve damage in my right foot which makes my feeling in that foot very poor. Almost a club foot ;-) Anyway I keep slipping off my brake or only hitting a small part of it by touch. I started looking at it and my old e60 brake pedal (did not have this issue) and my friends 550i (also a couple other cars) and noticed it is SMALL. It is like it thought it would have a clutch pedal and then on the dual clutch they didn't do anything to account for it not having it.

thanks!
I will say this...I had a problem with this too when I purchased my E92 M3. It took a while getting used to it. However, the first thing I noticed in my new M5 was the fact that the brake pedal was exactly the same as from my M3 which I was used to by now. I could see how it would take some getting used to though since it took me a few months with my E92.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #4
DrKevM5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 X5, F87 M2

When I had a e46 M3 SMG, I replaced my stock pedal with this item and it was one of the best upgrades I made to that car. Totally facilitated left foot braking. Wonder if we can get someone to engineer the same for our beasts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
When I had a e46 M3 SMG, I replaced my stock pedal with this item and it was one of the best upgrades I made to that car. Totally facilitated left foot braking. Wonder if we can get someone to engineer the same for our beasts?
ARE YOU LISTENING IND??? Good idea!
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 12:17 AM   #6
wisesoul
Savoir Faire
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5

Yes brake pedal is a bit small, I wonder why.. E60 M5 SMG and E9x M3 DCT also had small brake pedals. Hasn't bothered me, but it is weird to look at
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
Type11
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrKevM5 View Post
Not only would that help me it looks awesome!
Appreciate 0