footie
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: i4M50

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bammered View Post
Now can get that advanced DSC AND a more high revving turbo powerplant?
Revving limit and what to expect?

Well if it does get tweaked power and torque curves as some here think then you can expect the limit to be increased over that for the X5/6M by probably 3-400rpm.

When you consider that the last M3 was only revving 500rpm more than that from it's small capacity N/A unit I don't see why so many here view this engine as low revving?

With regards to the possible tweaked DSC, I honestly don't know what to expect if anything. It definitely needs more than one MDM mode in my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2009, 02:43 AM   #24
x838nwy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: nothing right now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmz View Post
I am pretty sure they will leave it in the same power output as the X5/X6M. Unlike AMG, BMW does no like to have different output from the same engine just for marketing purpouse. Besides, even at the same power level it will be the one of the most powerful car in its calss.
There's been many very valid suggestions as to why the M5 will have a _different_ output curve compared to the X6M (even though the two share the same engine). But another reason I can think of is the mpg.

I'm pretty sure they can't squeeze 10/10 out of it when the engine is in the X6M probably because the mpg would be quite, quite crazy. With the M5 being potentially quite a bit lighter, they can really go to town with it.

I know people don't buy these cars to save the pandas or whatever, but in these days and age, single figures or low tens would cause comment.
Appreciate 0