M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

12-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #1
Mr-blow-M-OFF
Rep
Drives: F10M5

The loudest exhaust for F10M5

I plan to purchase a M5's exhaust. Ak? Or Gthaus? Which one's sound is better, I mean Loud but not annoying. Anyone has installed on his car?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 10:28 AM   #2
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

GTHAUS - Meisterschaft.
We have a few videos on our GTHAUS YouTube Page of our F10 M5
with our Meisterschaft GTC Exhaust (Open mode) system or Super GT exhaust system, both with and without downpipes.

If you have any questions regarding any of our exhaust systems, please feel free to contact us,
we assure you that you won't be disappointed in all aspects of "Style, Sound and Performance" with Meisterschaft products.
Thank you very much for considering GTHAUS (Meisterschaft) products for your vehicle.

GTHAUS

Last edited by GTHAUS; 12-05-2012 at 02:13 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-blow-M-OFF View Post
I plan to purchase a M5's exhaust. Ak? Or Gthaus? Which one's sound is better, I mean Loud but not annoying. Anyone has installed on his car?
Akrapovic is a great option, however, if you are looking for the loudest option it may not be the best choice. Akrapovic is known for a quality that is quite simply second to none. The only concern is that it does not have the same presence as a say a race performance exhaust. This is primarily due to TÜV homologation and the strict requirements the said governing body has on exhaust manufacturers.

Have you checked out Eisenmann?

Eisenmann is another option out there that you might be interested in. As an OEM manufacturer for both Porsche and AMG, Eisenmann has access to a plethora of TUV approved testing equipment, including frequency analasys equipment, enabling Eisenmann engineers to design a system that produces a loud exhaust volume while also maintaining a focus on the appropriate M5 tone.

12-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Aboody99
Private
Qatar
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-blow-M-OFF View Post
The Akra is amazing especially once you break in at first i thought it was a mistake and i wasn't satisfied but then as i drove more it got louder and i loved it
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 10:54 PM   #5
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@IND View Post
Akrapovic is a great option, however, if you are looking for the loudest option it may not be the best choice. Akrapovic is known for a quality that is quite simply second to none. The only concern is that it does not have the same presence as a say a race performance exhaust. This is primarily due to TÜV homologation and the strict requirements the said governing body has on exhaust manufacturers.

I was at one of your dealers today in Miami. I have been considering either the Eisenmann Oval or the 3D Design slip on.

Do you know if Akra is planning to offer a slip on like they did for the old M6?
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 07:42 AM   #6
Chump
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboody99 View Post
The Akra is amazing especially once you break in at first i thought it was a mistake and i wasn't satisfied but then as i drove more it got louder and i loved it
I agree
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 08:40 AM   #7
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@IND View Post

Eisenmann is another option out there that you might be interested in. As an OEM manufacturer for both Porsche and AMG, Eisenmann has access to a plethora of TUV approved testing equipment, including frequency analasys equipment, enabling Eisenmann engineers to design a system that produces a loud exhaust volume while also maintaining a focus on the appropriate M5 tone.
While it's true that in many cases it's TÜV that is responsible for the testing of equipment etc to confirm compliance with standards, TÜV is NOT a governing body. They are a independent laboratory/technical service that does several varieties of compliance testing in many areas.

There are today 4 different TÜV companies based in Germany, TÜV Süd, TÜV Nord, TÜV Rheinland and TÜV Saarland.

Today companies like DEKRA also offer the same services as TÜV.

The German governing body for cars are the KBA (Kraftfahrt BundesAmt - Federal Motor Transport Authority). 99% of auto related legislation is issued by the EC and implemented in national legislation throughout Europe, giving a harmonized legislation in many areas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Technis...wachungsverein

http://www.kba.de/cln_031/nn_124384/...tml?__nnn=true
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 09:11 AM   #8
HHSAM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10/ X5 F15 M Package

AKRA FTW the tone is perfect not very loud but doesnt sound like a muscle car either
      12-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #9
cpiguy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Can't even imagine any system sounding better than Meisterschaft. And with the controllable valve technology, you get the best of both worlds. I trully love the way the car sounds and feels.

JMO...

CPIGUY
2017 Ferrari 488 Spider
2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
2019 BMW X5 MSport, in coming
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
GTHAUS
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpiguy View Post
Can't even imagine any system sounding better than Meisterschaft. And with the controllable valve technology, you get the best of both worlds. I trully love the way the car sounds and feels.

JMO...
Thank you very much for your input on this !
Appreciate 0