M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

06-14-2014, 07:05 PM   #23
isugoo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GTS

As I mentioned before, with upgrade in 20s, competition package actual cost is more like 6k.

So here is the way I look at it:
If you're buying an M5, 6k for Comp pkg isn't worth it in my opinion. You have better way to upgrade your M5 with that 6k.
But if you're leasing for 3 years, you're paying 40% of 6k which is only 2.4k, then I think it's worth it: 2.4k for factory lowered and awesome direct steering wheel and other upgrades? I say, hell yeah.

PAST: F80 M3 ZCP | 911.1 C2S | F10 M5 ZCP | E70 X5M | E90 M3 | E46 M3 | E36 M3
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 11:06 PM   #24
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Jeff View Post
Well then you're a cheap ass!!! Period!!! Go buy a Toyota Camry if your gonna be that way, and be that cheap!!! These are 100k cars, and this is a forum for enthusiasts of BMW.
Who is this directed towards? I wonder how folks would speak to each other if we were all in person.
We should all meet up sometime. I'd love to have these conversations in person.
Philly is a great place for a get together.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2014, 11:16 PM   #25
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3
Quote:
Well then you're a cheap ass!!! Period!!! Go buy a Toyota Camry if your gonna be that way, and be that cheap!!! These are 100k cars, and this is a forum for enthusiasts of BMW.
Who is this directed towards? I wonder how folks would speak to each other if we were all in person.
We should all meet up sometime. I'd love to have these conversations in person.
Philly is a great place for a get together.
You have said that in numerous posts (guess it's a Philly thing lol) and anything I say on here I can assure you I would say in person. IMHO yes it is worth it why buy a performance car with out checking the performance option box?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:09 AM   #26
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post
You have said that in numerous posts (guess it's a Philly thing lol) and anything I say on here I can assure you I would say in person. IMHO yes it is worth it why buy a performance car with out checking the performance option box?
That's good. I feel the same way.
I am simply amazed at how some folks come across in their posts as rude or indignant over such silly, insignificant matters. So, I often wonder if that's how they would act if we were face to face. I would be willing to bet...not so much.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 01:11 AM   #27
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
I think M5 with or without CP is not a cheap car and people are owning this car can't be cheap ass! CP is an option like other options; So unless the fully loaded M5 owners, others are cheap ass? what about those guys have not checked CCB box or drivers assistance or ....? and also here is the BMW forum but there are thousands of threads in this forum people are talking about other cars such as 911; and almost all threads ends up to Porsche vs M5
BTW, usually people in this forum do not talk like what you said
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 08:47 AM   #28
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
I think M5 with or without CP is not a cheap car and people are owning this car can't be cheap ass! CP is an option like other options; So unless the fully loaded M5 owners, others are cheap ass? what about those guys have not checked CCB box or drivers assistance or ....? and also here is the BMW forum but there are thousands of threads in this forum people are talking about other cars such as 911; and almost all threads ends up to Porsche vs M5
+1
I had Toyota Camry Red 2007 leased for 1 year 165 $ / month before and not that long ago and loved it for its money! And one of the most economic and smart buys in the market !!

Billionaire T. Boone in California drove Civic for most of his commutes and wasn't because he's cheap!

I know people where I work who make double my income and drive Lexus 1995! And wearing a Rolex watch about 30k!! People who buy Toyota can be 100 times richer than most of us here because it is rather the enthusiasm that drives the passion enough to WASTE that much money in a car and a well known fact not a smart thing to do and I take no pride I spending that much on my TOY! ! But we try to justify it saying life is short and other things to not look extravagant in our own eyes!! Many billionaires lead a very frugal life GO FIGURE! !
Let me.say it again!! This forum is based on RESPECT for all and if a member don't have that in him he won't enjoy talking to others because he will be speaking a different language FOREIGN to our ears!

My immediate higher up where I work drives 328i and can very well get my M5 car and a lot more expensive other cars and HE LOVES CARS and reads about them like we do and was really ecstatic to test drive mine and actually made me laugh because of how excited he was doing it!! BUT in his eyes NOT A SMART THING TO WITH YOUR MONEY and guess who envies who in this scenario? I do envy him for his self control! !

My 2 cents

Last edited by soooma; 06-15-2014 at 09:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 09:16 AM   #29
Dionysus
Captain
Rep
Drives: TBC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djokodallas View Post
Anyone has experience with both?
I have driven pre-LCI M5 and own LCI CP (I actually blind ordered the CP on the LCI for Sept 2013 delivery).

There is a noticeable difference between the two: -

Wheels: 20" 601M - cast, but NA has free upgrade to forged 343Ms (I paid to upgrade mine). Unless you are sticking with the 19" 345Ms, you need to reduce the price of the CP accordingly (as mentioned above).

+15hp - this is more noticeable than you may think - see post from B1Pilot below.

Sport exhaust w/black chrome tailpipes - noticeable difference in sound - removing the baffles makes the exhaust louder & more aggressive than stock at lower revs/part throttle openings, however, it's still a fully tested OEM exhaust (I have updated mine to M Perf exhaust, but that's another discussion). It is not the same a wiring the valves open on a stock exhaust (you could also do that on a CP exhaust). IMO the black chrome tips look better than stock chrome & they will hide carbon/soot deposits better.

Sports steering - again noticeable - direct, incisive, noticeable at all speeds. The Sports+ setting is almost too unassisted on anything but a straight road. The pre-LCI had a habit of inconsistently varying the assistance at low speeds (say if you lift of the throttle pedal to turn a 90 degree corner, steering could go superlight), however, they should have fixed this on the non-CP LCI.

Sports suspension settings - for me the reason I would always tick the CP box. Makes the chassis feel much tighter, with some trade off in secondary ride quality compared with stock (not as much as you may think considering the gains in body control). Compared to a non-M F10 with adaptive suspension, the std M5 is a much firmer riding car (but still supple), the CP is firmer still, but not uncomfortable (this is still a long wheelbase car based on an insulated comfort chassis - also used for 7 series & RR Ghost). Also lowers ride height from stock.

Specific MDM application - shouldn't really be trying this on a public road, so if you don't intend to track often/have access to private roads, the least useful change from stock, but depends on how you drive (the balance of this car is more towards power than chassis control).

All of the above is a fully covered by warranty, OEM performance upgrade; don't underestimate the value of this.

Is it worth the $7300 - only you can judge if it is worth it for you by trying both, however, ensure you try both CP & non-CP on extended test drive & varying roads before you decide. In terms of residue value the CP will not depreciate as fast as some other options (the fact that most of the demos you can try at dealers have CP fitted, should tell you something).

Have a read of some of the previous posts/videos and do a search on track times (the CP makes more of a difference on track than you may think): -

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=886999

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=898124

Last edited by Dionysus; 06-15-2014 at 09:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 09:33 AM   #30
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus View Post
I have driven pre-LCI M5 and own LCI CP (I actually blind ordered the CP on the LCI for Sept 2013 delivery).

Wheels: 20" 601M - cast, but NA has free upgrade to forged 343Ms (I paid to upgrade mine). Unless you are sticking with the 19" 345Ms, you need to reduce the price of the CP accordingly (as mentioned above).

+15hp - this is more noticeable than you may think - see post from B1Pilot below.

Sport exhaust w/black chrome tailpipes - noticeable difference in sound - removing the baffles makes the exhaust louder & more aggressive than stock at lower revs/part throttle openings, however, it's still a fully tested OEM exhaust (I have updated mine to M Perf exhaust, but that's another discussion). It is not the same a wiring the valves open on a stock exhaust (you could also do that on a CP exhaust). IMO the black chrome tips look better than stock chrome & they will hide carbon/soot deposits better.

Sports steering - again noticeable - direct, incisive, noticeable at all speeds. The Sports+ setting is almost too unassisted on anything but a straight road. The pre-LCI had a habit of inconsistently varying the assistance at low speeds (say if you lift of the throttle pedal to turn a 90 degree corner, steering could go superlight), however, they should have fixed this on the non-CP LCI.

Sports suspension settings - for me the reason I would always tick the CP box. Makes the chassis feel much tighter, with some trade off in secondary ride quality compared with stock (not as much as you may think considering the gains in body control). Compared to a non-M F10 with adaptive suspension, the std M5 is a much firmer riding car (but still supple), the CP is firmer still, but not uncomfortable (this is still a long wheelbase car based on an insulated comfort chassis - also used for 7 series & RR Ghost). Also lowers ride height from stock.

Specific MDM application - shouldn't really be trying this on a public road, so if you don't intend to track often/have access to private roads, the least useful change from stock, but depends on how you drive (the balance of this car is more towards power than chassis control).

All of the above is a fully covered by warranty, OEM performance upgrade; don't underestimate the value of this.

Is it worth the $7300 - only you can judge if it is worth it for you by trying both, however, ensure you try both CP & non-CP on extended test drive & varying roads before you decide. In terms of residue value the CP will not depreciate as fast as some other options (the fact that most of the demos you can try at dealers have CP fitted, should tell you something).

Have a read of some of the previous posts/videos and do a search on track times (the CP makes more of a difference on track than you may think): -

Very nice post
Thanks Dionysus
BTW I hate you -; ) I don't have CP. .. Just kidding ... I really believe that CP will exceed my capabilities as a driver and I may not get the desired effect but rather feel the side effects - if you will... Excuse my medical analogy -

Last edited by soooma; 06-15-2014 at 09:58 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 10:20 AM   #31
Djokodallas
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG ,ML350 4 MATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djokodallas View Post
Anyone has experience with both?

Great review!

I can't wait to drive both this week, I will post my experience.

But like you stated most of the m5 here in Texas (90 per cent ) come with CP.

All the demo cars have CP as well.....

But this would be my DD and I got 3 kids so I really don't want to hear complaints about the comfort.
      06-15-2014, 10:25 AM   #32
Djokodallas
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG ,ML350 4 MATIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma
Quote:
+1
I had Toyota Camry Red 2007 leased for 1 year 165 $ / month before and not that long ago and loved it for its money! And one of the most economic and smart buys in the market !!

Billionaire T. Boone in California drove Civic for most of his commutes and wasn't because he's cheap!

I know people where I work who make double my income and drive Lexus 1995! And wearing a Rolex watch about 30k!! People who buy Toyota can be 100 times richer than most of us here because it is rather the enthusiasm that drives the passion enough to WASTE that much money in a car and a well known fact not a smart thing to do and I take no pride I spending that much on my TOY! ! But we try to justify it saying life is short and other things to not look extravagant in our own eyes!! Many billionaires lead a very frugal life GO FIGURE! !
Let me.say it again!! This forum is based on RESPECT for all and if a member don't have that in him he won't enjoy talking to others because he will be speaking a different language FOREIGN to our ears!

My immediate higher up where I work drives 328i and can very well get my M5 car and a lot more expensive other cars and HE LOVES CARS and reads about them like we do and was really ecstatic to test drive mine and actually made me laugh because of how excited he was doing it!! BUT in his eyes NOT A SMART THING TO WITH YOUR MONEY and guess who envies who in this scenario? I do envy him for his self control! !

My 2 cents
this is funny

I guess we can summarize this: different strokes for different folks.

My dad and my father in law have a lot more capital than I do but one drives nissan Altima another has 33 years old mercedes 190d.

But they both traveled to every single place that exists on this planet.....

Funny discussion
      06-15-2014, 11:06 AM   #33
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
+1

My 2 cents
And I still miss my 2007 Acura TL Type-S although after 4 years I traded-in with 2012 BMW 650i!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 11:54 AM   #34
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
And I still miss my 2007 Acura TL Type-S although after 4 years I traded-in with 2012 BMW 650i!
I had Acura TL 2008 and traded it for 2009 Beaked Nose Model when ot came out and boy it was a head Turner more than any other car !!

I always loved the quad pipes of the S Type which lost its character by the time I got SHAWD with 19 " wheels... Felt fast tout 5.3 sec zero to 60 !!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:27 PM   #35
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Felt fast tout 5.3 sec zero to 60 !!
at that time it was really fast! faster than all cars in her class such as G35/37, IS350, 335, C350...
and I agree about those nice quad tips

Oh Soooma as this is BMW forum I'm wondering some guys now complain about talking about other cars here lol
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #36
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
at that time it was really fast! faster than all cars in her class such as G35/37, IS350, 335, C350...
and I agree about those nice quad tips

Oh Soooma as this is BMW forum I'm wondering some guys now complain about talking about other cars here lol
I know - But that's what I love most about this forum which is passion for cars comes first then BMW and M5 branding as one the best cars around not the only one for sure!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #37
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I know - But that's what I love most about this forum which is passion for cars comes first then BMW and M5 branding as one the best cars around not the only one for sure!
M6
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #38
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3
Quote:
That's good. I feel the same way.
I am simply amazed at how some folks come across in their posts as rude or indignant over such silly, insignificant matters. So, I often wonder if that's how they would act if we were face to face. I would be willing to bet...not so much.
Very true
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 01:37 PM   #39
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
M6
Sorry and it's older sister M6 Coupe of course -
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 01:51 PM   #40
Dionysus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure I posted a joke about the lack of practicality of 911 compared to M5 in this tread; it's now gone?
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 02:01 PM   #41
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'm sure I posted a joke about the lack of practicality of 911 compared to M5 in this tread; it's now gone?
Yes it's gone.... every post/quote about comparing 911 to M5 will be deleted here... let's live in peace
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 02:09 PM   #42
Dionysus
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yes it's gone.... every post/quote about comparing 911 to M5 will be deleted here... let's live in peace
lol & thanks for confirming I hadn't dreamt it!

Lesson learnt
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 02:27 PM   #43
Mbdurham17
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Quote:
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 02:30 PM   #44
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Appreciate 0