M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

06-24-2014, 05:28 PM   #23
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelf View Post
My 12 yr old son sent me a message to day...
"i just seen an M4!!!!!!!"
me... "what did it look like?? was it better than the M5????"
"no way...... it just looked like a 4 series"
me.. "we won't try one out then??"
"NO"......
ok you win........ we stick with the M5...
Interesting Dad-Son chat -
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #24
Propofoln
Speedster
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW X7 M60i

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Interesting Dad-Son chat -
smart kid
      06-24-2014, 11:54 PM   #25
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
"NO"......
you will be in trouble man He will definitely ask you for a high performance car when he gets his driver's license
Kids are so smart todays. A friend of mine (who has a corvette) has an 8 years old son. He always asks his dad to take him to Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche,...dealers to see the cars. The other day we took him to Mercedes-Benz dealership to show him SLS. I sat in one of them and simply asked him should I trade my M6 to get this car? He immediately answered: of course, this car has more power and is faster than yours lol
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 02:15 AM   #26
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

I can't stand the turbo 6 engine sound.

Compare to the M5 V8. The F80 sounds like a rice rocket with loud exhaust.
      06-25-2014, 02:41 AM   #27
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
"NO"......
That will piss the M3/4 brigade off.
      06-25-2014, 08:52 AM   #28
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Cheap interior and looks too similar to 335 and 435... Prices will drop significantly in a few months.
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2014, 07:15 PM   #29
Axelf
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 35is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
you will be in trouble man He will definitely ask you for a high performance car when he gets his driver's license
Kids are so smart todays. A friend of mine (who has a corvette) has an 8 years old son. He always asks his dad to take him to Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche,...dealers to see the cars. The other day we took him to Mercedes-Benz dealership to show him SLS. I sat in one of them and simply asked him should I trade my M6 to get this car? He immediately answered: of course, this car has more power and is faster than yours lol
Yes kids are getting wiser ... i have just bought him a VW lupo so we can strip it all down .. he has a list of stuff he wants to learn how to do.. he even wants a V8 in it.. at least we got 5 years to sort it out before he passes his test.. haha

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBMWM5 View Post
That will piss the M3/4 brigade off.
Oh no......... i did not post that to upset any one... i just saying through the eyes of a 12 yr old he said it did not look much.... and he loves just going for a ride out in the M5...... i don't mind taking him any where in it.. he has asked me if we can have a trip to the nurburgring.... but would like to speak to some one who has done it.. to give me some hints and tips.. or if any one else is planning doing the trip... we could make it a road trip??????
      06-30-2014, 03:17 PM   #30
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep

I am just amazed at the level of maturity on the F80 board. Especially the post by NullCheck really made me laugh.

As owner of 3 M3 and 3 M5 since 2001. I just found some new M3 owner are trying so hard to prove that they bought a great car.

Some of the comment made is just beyond absurd.

1. B&O F10 vs HK Premium F80-

The B&O were dissed because it lacks bass (which it does). While the F80 HK premium was praised because it has better bass (which it is better than B&O).

Personally I think its just absurd at best. Its like comparing an over priced Beat audio headset vs Sennheiser HD800. The HK lacks clarity and frequency dynamic that B&O can bring. Plus none of the BMW factory stereo as far as I can remember has any kind of decent bass. BMW head unit and setup is always more toward clarity.

To really diss F10 using a B&O example is really stupid.

Its not we are 16 years old that needs a huge sub to show we have taste in music.

2. Gas mileage- really. Is this even a real topic to be discussed. Who in the hell buys a M car and praise it gas mileage?

To prove a point that M3 is a superior car. Gas mileage was used from pre-break in period. And modify the F10 consumption to low teens.

In reality, I have averaged about 17.9 miles per gallon since i took delivery 11k miles ago in Welt.

The come back on my F10 consumption is that I don't have the balls to drive the car hard. Just because I respect my life and others on the street, I no longer drive like a jackass on public street. So I am a balless dude.

I autocrossed my M5 and spend about 15 to 20 laps a year on the ring (work travel to germany 4-5 times a year, always take time to go onto the ring). I just don't need to get street race credit. I nearly killed myself doing stupid things on the street. Just not worth it.

3. Engine sound-

Again just because its loud is not better. The F80 engine to me sounds like a old japanese 4 banger turbo (not in a good way).

The F80 reminds me of 4G63 that I had when i was a teenager in Taiwan.

It just sounds bad. The S63 sounds is not that good either. But at least its richer and more smooth.

But not as good as the V8 and V10 before.

4. Looks- I agree in general the F30 lines is good. F10 is not bad either. Both are better looking than their E90/60 counter part.

But the F80 just scream look at me look at me. I have a aggressive nose. I am a mean motherfxxxxx.

The entire thread on M3 post forum. Reminds me so much of a boy racer image. 16 year old with loud bass, driving like jackass on the street with extremely loud exhaust.

Made my day.
      06-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #31
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Krispykreame, you talk about maturity on the F80 board, and you use the word "diss" over and over. Give me a break
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #32
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme View Post
I am just amazed at the level of maturity on the F80 board. Especially the post by NullCheck really made me laugh.

As owner of 3 M3 and 3 M5 since 2001. I just found some new M3 owner are trying so hard to prove that they bought a great car.

The B&O were dissed because it lacks bass (which it does). While the F80 HK premium was praised because it has better bass (which it is better than B&O).

Personally I think its just absurd at best. Its like comparing an over priced Beat audio headset vs Sennheiser HD800. The HK lacks clarity and frequency dynamic that B&O can bring. Plus none of the BMW factory stereo as far as I can remember has any kind of decent bass. BMW head unit and setup is always more toward clarity.

Its not we are 16 years old that needs a huge sub to show we have taste in music.

2. Gas mileage- really. Is this even a real topic to be discussed. Who in the hell buys a M car and praise it gas mileage?

To prove a point that M3 is a superior car. Gas mileage was used from pre-break in period. And modify the F10 consumption to low teens.

In reality, I have averaged about 17.9 miles per gallon since i took delivery 11k miles ago in Welt.

The come back on my F10 consumption is that I don't have the balls to drive the car hard. Just because I respect my life and others on the street, I no longer drive like a jackass on public street. So I am a balless dude.

I autocrossed my M5 and spend about 15 to 20 laps a year on the ring (work travel to germany 4-5 times a year, always take time to go onto the ring). I just don't need to get street race credit. I nearly killed myself doing stupid things on the street. Just not worth it.

3. Engine sound-

Again just because its loud is not better. The F80 engine to me sounds like a old japanese 4 banger turbo (not in a good way).

It just sounds bad. The S63 sounds is not that good either. But at least its richer and more smooth.

4. Looks- I agree in general the F30 lines is good. F10 is not bad either. Both are better looking than their E90/60 counter part.

But the F80 just scream look at me look at me. I have a aggressive nose. I am a mean motherfxxxxx.

The entire thread on M3 post forum. Reminds me so much of a boy racer image. 16 year old with loud bass, driving like jackass on the street with extremely loud exhaust.

Made my day.
well said sir!
I read your quote in that thread before being deleted... well there is a rule over there and that's " DO NOT SAY ANYTHING AGAINST OUR TOYS " lol...
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 05:18 PM   #33
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretariat View Post
Krispykreame, you talk about maturity on the F80 board, and you use the word "diss" over and over. Give me a break
At least I did not call anyone bald, smoke a $40 cigar, or lack of tball. That is some maturity there.

Nor I appreciate the below comment from M3/M4 forum moderator.

I can careless being banned from F80 forum.

Last time i check, I paid close to $100k for the M3. I can say what ever i like or dislike about the damn car.

Dear krispykreme,

You have received a warning at BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum.

Reason:
-------
Taking a post completly Off-Topic

Don't take a thread off topic. And if you don't have anything positive to say, just do not make a post. his time you get a warning. Be careful.
-------

Original Post:
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16211679
Quote:
To prove I am not bull shitting anyone.

Here is me gunning it on the ring last year. And idiot light on the same rental telling me that I am going way too fast on H rated tire.

All taken last year.
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum

Dackel's European Delivery Museum Guide

1addicts at Stelv1oPass 2.0 July 20th & 21th, 2013
      06-30-2014, 06:30 PM   #34
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
At least I did not call anyone bald, smoke a $40 cigar, or lack of tball. That is some maturity there.

Nor I appreciate the below comment from M3/M4 forum moderator.

I can careless being banned from F80 forum.

Last time i check, I paid close to $100k for the M3. I can say what ever i like or dislike about the damn car.

Dear krispykreme,

You have received a warning at BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum.

Reason:
-------
Taking a post completly Off-Topic

Don't take a thread off topic. And if you don't have anything positive to say, just do not make a post. his time you get a warning. Be careful.
-------

Original Post:
http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16211679
Quote:
To prove I am not bull shitting anyone.

Here is me gunning it on the ring last year. And idiot light on the same rental telling me that I am going way too fast on H rated tire.

All taken last year.
Warnings serve as a reminder to you of the forum's rules, which you are expected to understand and follow.

All the best,
BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum

Dackel's European Delivery Museum Guide

1addicts at Stelv1oPass 2.0 July 20th & 21th, 2013
lol.... your post was not off topic!!!! you just posted your thought about M3.... there are 100s threads all over the place in M3/M4 those guys drove the M3/M4 and started their thread! yours was in response to one of them and was great...
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 08:54 PM   #35
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414
Cheap interior and looks too similar to 335 and 435... Prices will drop significantly in a few months.
This.

Especially once the hype dies down and dealers start getting a lot of inventory.

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:03 PM   #36
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Glad my son is 4 still and the 8 I have is my daughter who I couldn't seem to get her interest in cars... But funny enough my 4 year old knows most brands and waves to people whenever riding BMW as seem similar to him and comments about new leather smell in loaners "mmm smells good" I believe he's getting there.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 09:12 PM   #37
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma View Post
Glad my son is 4 still and the 8 I have is my daughter who I couldn't seem to get her interest in cars... But funny enough my 4 year old knows most brands and waves to people whenever riding BMW as seem similar to him and comments about new leather smell in loaners "mmm smells good" I believe he's getting there.
lol.... Soooma this is just beginning in 4 years he will ask you some questions about car and you have no idea what to say.... you need to educate yourself by that time
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 06:57 AM   #38
NullCheck
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

3. Engine sound-

Made my day.
M3 sounds like a Japanese 4 cylinder as much as the M5 sounds like a cheap Chevy or Ford F150 truck with 8 cylinders. You do know how ridiculous that sounds now, don't you? Or you don't? Come on, you are better than that. Why insult? Why can't you provide your own opinion without attacking the other side in such a low way?

You are taking what you want out of my post and twisting my words. I responded to you in that other thread and I actually said there that some of the things you said might have basis, but some are just outright inaccurate. One thing I will say is, which I feel very strongly about, the mileage in a car is very important for me. I drive my cars a lot, my monthly gas bill last month was $685. If that were M3 instead of an M5, I would have saved probably $250. Multiply that by 12, that's 3k. Can I afford to spend an extra 3k on gas? Of course I can, but that's not how I see it. I see it that I wasted that 3k, and that 3k could have been spent for an entire winter tire and wheel set. It's just my mentality and that's only because I come from a poor family and had to work really hard to get to where I am. It doesn't mean I cannot afford it. I could probably afford 3xM5 payments with my salary easily. I have seen this "if you are driving an M car, you shouldn't care about mileage" argument way too many times and to me this is just backwards thinking.

Ok so we are bunch of 16 year old boy racers (I'm 34 with 2 kids by the way, but whatever). Why don't you stay in your turf and enjoy your car with people at your age. You can all praise how great the M5 is and I am not saying this ironically, because you do believe it is a great car and that's fine. We'll also do the same, and we'll just get along well as friends and not step on each others toes.

Deal?

And you also need to start using paragraphs like a normal person with a high school education does, because reading your posts gives me a headache Oh I was joking, we are friends after all

Let's just take it easy guys, we are all in the same team.

Last edited by NullCheck; 07-01-2014 at 07:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 07:19 AM   #39
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullCheck View Post
M3 sounds like a Japanese 4 cylinder as much as the M5 sounds like a cheap Chevy or Ford F150 truck with 8 cylinders. You do know how ridiculous that sounds now, don't you? Or you don't? Come on, you are better than that. Why insult? Why can't you provide your own opinion without attacking the other side in such a low way?

You are taking what you want out of my post and twisting my words. I responded to you in that other thread and I actually said there that some of the things you said might have basis, but some are just outright inaccurate. One thing I will say is, which I feel very strongly about, the mileage in a car is very important for me. I drive my cars a lot, my monthly gas bill last month was $685. If that were M3 instead of an M5, I would have saved probably $250. Multiply that by 12, that's 3k. Can I afford to spend an extra 3k on gas? Of course I can, but that's not how I see it. I see it that I wasted that 3k, and that 3k could have been spent for an entire winter tire and wheel set. It's just my mentality and that's only because I come from a poor family and had to work really hard to get to where I am. It doesn't mean I cannot afford it. I could probably afford 3xM5 payments with my salary easily. I have seen this "if you are driving an M car, you shouldn't care about mileage" argument way too many times and to me this is just backwards thinking.

Ok so we are bunch of 16 year old boy racers (I'm 34 with 2 kids by the way, but whatever). Why don't you stay in your turf and enjoy your car with people at your age. You can all praise how great the M5 is and I am not saying this ironically, because you do believe it is a great car and that's fine. We'll also do the same, and we'll just get along well as friends and not step on each others toes.

Deal?

And you also need to start using paragraphs like a normal person with a high school education does, because reading your posts gives me a headache Oh I was joking, we are friends after all

Let's just take it easy guys, we are all in the same team.
I'd gladly spend an extra $3,000 dollars a year for an engine that makes 130 more horsepower. I take it you were never an E60 M5 owner either. Try spending $7,000 a year on gas. It certainly wasn't a waste of money with the $20,000 dollars of money I spent on gas in 3 years with my old E60 5.0L V10 engine. Every application of the gas pedal was pure bliss with the sweet sweet sound of that V10. The Twin Turbo V8 gets way better gas mileage than that old clunker, the S85 V10, and the F10 has a bigger fuel tank too.

Besides if it's gas mileage your worried about, have no fear my friend. There have been automotive rumours that the next generation M3/M4 are going to have a 4cyl turbo engine. Gas mileage should improve by about another 30% with that setup, although the sound of the exhaust might go down the garbage chute.

Also, how did you like my paragraphs?

Cheers bro,

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 07:30 AM   #40
NullCheck
Banned
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I'd gladly spend an extra $3,000 dollars a year for an engine that makes 130 more horsepower. I take it you were never an E60 M5 owner either. Try spending $7,000 a year on gas. It certainly wasn't a waste of money with the $20,000 dollars of money I spent on gas in 3 years with my old E60 5.0L V10 engine. Every application of the gas pedal was pure bliss with the sweet sweet sound of that V10. The Twin Turbo V8 gets way better gas mileage than that old clunker, the S85 V10, and the F10 has a bigger fuel tank too.

Besides if it's gas mileage your worried about, have no fear my friend. There have been automotive rumours that the next generation M3/M4 are going to have a 4cyl turbo engine. Gas mileage should improve by about another 30% with that setup, although the sound of the exhaust might go down the garbage chute.

Cheers bro,

If this were E60 M5, or like it, I would have never traded it to get into an M3. Totally different cars. If you owned the E60 M5, then I don't even have to tell you have the new M5 is like a big fat whale, feels like a 7 series, does not communicate well, and sounds nothing like the old M5.

My point was, maybe I should have been clear, this new M5 to me does not feel like it is worth that kind of gas. It's a luxury highway cruiser. It does not feel like a sports car. It serves a different purpose and for that different purpose, $685/month gas money, to me, was a waste of time.

My old M3 got similar gas mileage and I usually spent $3500-4000/year on gas and it was money well spent. Never I have complained or felt like I was wasting money.

And Dave, I love your paragraphs.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 08:32 AM   #41
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullCheck View Post
If this were E60 M5, or like it, I would have never traded it to get into an M3. Totally different cars. If you owned the E60 M5, then I don't even have to tell you have the new M5 is like a big fat whale, feels like a 7 series, does not communicate well, and sounds nothing like the old M5.

My point was, maybe I should have been clear, this new M5 to me does not feel like it is worth that kind of gas. It's a luxury highway cruiser. It does not feel like a sports car. It serves a different purpose and for that different purpose, $685/month gas money, to me, was a waste of time.

My old M3 got similar gas mileage and I usually spent $3500-4000/year on gas and it was money well spent. Never I have complained or felt like I was wasting money.

And Dave, I love your paragraphs.
Actually, and it might surprise a lot of people to hear me say this but I may have traded in the E60 M5 for the F80 M3 if I had never got an F10 M5. Once you go back to riding or driving an E60 M5 with that SMG transmission, it kills the experience even though the sound of the V10 is heaven. The SMG is so slow you could find time to read the entire bible between shifts.

I actually feel the opposite with regards to the weight of the F10 M5. I agree that it's heavy for sure, but with upgraded suspension and sway bars it makes the car so much more nimble and planted. I was driving home yesterday from the dealership after I had a 4-Wheel alignment and I was just thinking to myself, my god I love the way this car handles and feels. On the contrary I feel that on the street and even mountain and canyon roads, the steering of the F10 communicates better than the F80 M3. Once on the track though, the steering of the F10 goes numb at the limit where as the software of the M3 steering code is programmed to give more feedback on the track. So in essence I feel the steering is highly communicative on the F10 M5 and increased by a factor 3 once I installed the Competition Package Sway Bars. Your right about one thing though, it doesn't feel like a sports car, it feels like a sports sedan. Which I love. Others not so much.

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 11:23 AM   #42
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

True. M5 is still the king.
nothing goes as fast with that much space.
      07-01-2014, 12:02 PM   #43
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:

Cheers bro,

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2014, 01:09 PM   #44
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Actually, and it might surprise a lot of people to hear me say this but I may have traded in the E60 M5 for the F80 M3 if I had never got an F10 M5. Once you go back to riding or driving an E60 M5 with that SMG transmission, it kills the experience even though the sound of the V10 is heaven. The SMG is so slow you could find time to read the entire bible between shifts.

I actually feel the opposite with regards to the weight of the F10 M5. I agree that it's heavy for sure, but with upgraded suspension and sway bars it makes the car so much more nimble and planted. I was driving home yesterday from the dealership after I had a 4-Wheel alignment and I was just thinking to myself, my god I love the way this car handles and feels. On the contrary I feel that on the street and even mountain and canyon roads, the steering of the F10 communicates better than the F80 M3. Once on the track though, the steering of the F10 goes numb at the limit where as the software of the M3 steering code is programmed to give more feedback on the track. So in essence I feel the steering is highly communicative on the F10 M5 and increased by a factor 3 once I installed the Competition Package Sway Bars. Your right about one thing though, it doesn't feel like a sports car, it feels like a sports sedan. Which I love. Others not so much.
Dave, you are the guy must be respected because you always appreciate what you have no matter what it is. E60, F10,... and I think this is because of your personality! I mean you know how to appreciate and you know how things worth! Unfortunately not everybody think like you! everybody in this website claim he/she loves cars and enjoys riding the cars, but I'm telling you "most of them" are lying. Most of them have some problems and they don't want to talk about those problems and hide them behind and say something else. Anyways, I'm glad to see at least you are enjoying your beast. I enjoy mine too
BTW, English is my second language... hopefully my paragraphs didn't bother you
Appreciate 0