M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > M5 versus...

07-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #45
krispykreme
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullCheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by krispykreme View Post
I am just amazed at the level of maturity on the F80 board. Especially the post by NullCheck really made me laugh.

As owner of 3 M3 and 3 M5 since 2001. I just found some new M3 owner are trying so hard to prove that they bought a great car.

Some of the comment made is just beyond absurd.

1. B&O F10 vs HK Premium F80-

The B&O were dissed because it lacks bass (which it does). While the F80 HK premium was praised because it has better bass (which it is better than B&O).

Personally I think its just absurd at best. Its like comparing an over priced Beat audio headset vs Sennheiser HD800. The HK lacks clarity and frequency dynamic that B&O can bring. Plus none of the BMW factory stereo as far as I can remember has any kind of decent bass. BMW head unit and setup is always more toward clarity.

To really diss F10 using a B&O example is really stupid.

Its not we are 16 years old that needs a huge sub to show we have taste in music.

2. Gas mileage- really. Is this even a real topic to be discussed. Who in the hell buys a M car and praise it gas mileage?

To prove a point that M3 is a superior car. Gas mileage was used from pre-break in period. And modify the F10 consumption to low teens.

In reality, I have averaged about 17.9 miles per gallon since i took delivery 11k miles ago in Welt.

The come back on my F10 consumption is that I don't have the balls to drive the car hard. Just because I respect my life and others on the street, I no longer drive like a jackass on public street. So I am a balless dude.

I autocrossed my M5 and spend about 15 to 20 laps a year on the ring (work travel to germany 4-5 times a year, always take time to go onto the ring). I just don't need to get street race credit. I nearly killed myself doing stupid things on the street. Just not worth it.

3. Engine sound-

Again just because its loud is not better. The F80 engine to me sounds like a old japanese 4 banger turbo (not in a good way).

The F80 reminds me of 4G63 that I had when i was a teenager in Taiwan.

It just sounds bad. The S63 sounds is not that good either. But at least its richer and more smooth.

But not as good as the V8 and V10 before.

4. Looks- I agree in general the F30 lines is good. F10 is not bad either. Both are better looking than their E90/60 counter part.

But the F80 just scream look at me look at me. I have a aggressive nose. I am a mean motherfxxxxx.

The entire thread on M3 post forum. Reminds me so much of a boy racer image. 16 year old with loud bass, driving like jackass on the street with extremely loud exhaust.

Made my day.
M3 sounds like a Japanese 4 cylinder as much as the M5 sounds like a cheap Chevy or Ford F150 truck with 8 cylinders. You do know how ridiculous that sounds now, don't you? Or you don't? Come on, you are better than that. Why insult? Why can't you provide your own opinion without attacking the other side in such a low way?

You are taking what you want out of my post and twisting my words. I responded to you in that other thread and I actually said there that some of the things you said might have basis, but some are just outright inaccurate. One thing I will say is, which I feel very strongly about, the mileage in a car is very important for me. I drive my cars a lot, my monthly gas bill last month was $685. If that were M3 instead of an M5, I would have saved probably $250. Multiply that by 12, that's 3k. Can I afford to spend an extra 3k on gas? Of course I can, but that's not how I see it. I see it that I wasted that 3k, and that 3k could have been spent for an entire winter tire and wheel set. It's just my mentality and that's only because I come from a poor family and had to work really hard to get to where I am. It doesn't mean I cannot afford it. I could probably afford 3xM5 payments with my salary easily. I have seen this "if you are driving an M car, you shouldn't care about mileage" argument way too many times and to me this is just backwards thinking.

Ok so we are bunch of 16 year old boy racers (I'm 34 with 2 kids by the way, but whatever). Why don't you stay in your turf and enjoy your car with people at your age. You can all praise how great the M5 is and I am not saying this ironically, because you do believe it is a great car and that's fine. We'll also do the same, and we'll just get along well as friends and not step on each others toes.

Deal?

And you also need to start using paragraphs like a normal person with a high school education does, because reading your posts gives me a headache Oh I was joking, we are friends after all

Let's just take it easy guys, we are all in the same team.
1. The S63 does not sound good either. Not sure which part of that you don't get it either.

You can claim it sounds like Chevy. I don't mind that either.

2. Gas. If you really can afford the car. You wouldn't care about gas either. My E60 gets me about 10mpg. I never complained about its gas mileage. My F10 gets 18. S63 is more efficient. Does not mean we don't drive the car hard. Your comment were totally wrong.

3. E60 is not a fun car to drive on daily basis because it has now useable power for everyday driving. It was a frustrating car to live on daily basis. If you really drove the E9x M3. Same thing. On 2nd gear, you are already legal limit. Where the V8 and V10 shine is way north of 5k rev, but there is no public road for you to red line every single gear.

4. SMG II and III were disaster at best. Slow and jerky shift. I don't know how that makes e46 and e60 better.

I wished bmw had offered current f10 power train in E39 chassis with F10 interior. That would be a beast to drive.

I don't think I am twisting your word when you called me bald and smoke $40 cigar
      07-01-2014, 01:21 PM   #46
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe View Post
Dave, you are the guy must be respected because you always appreciate what you have no matter what it is. E60, F10,... and I think this is because of your personality! I mean you know how to appreciate and you know how things worth! Unfortunately not everybody think like you! everybody in this website claim he/she loves cars and enjoys riding the cars, but I'm telling you "most of them" are lying. Most of them have some problems and they don't want to talk about those problems and hide them behind and say something else. Anyways, I'm glad to see at least you are enjoying your beast. I enjoy mine too
BTW, English is my second language... hopefully my paragraphs didn't bother you
I can always understand you dude. Sooma on the other hand can be a challenge sometimes, Lol! He's a great guy too though. Thanks for the kind words brotha.

Appreciate 0