BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

10-20-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
MichaelJohn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW i8, Kia EV6 GT

Funny parking ticket story

Yesterday I stopped by our local CVS to buy a few things. When I got back to my car after about 15 minutes of shopping, I found a $25 ticket on the windshield that said that the car had been there for an hour (the lot has a 2 hour limit) and that I had "walked across the street without intending to shop at CVS". Needless to say, I was just a little ticked and went looking for whoever gave me the bogus ticket. I asked around and sure enough I was pointed towards a young woman in the parking lot with a bunch of tickets in her hand. I approached her, CVS shopping bag in hand, and asked her why in the hell had she had given me a ticket? She told me that she knew my car had been there for a while because the hood was cold! I was incredulous! First of all I didn't like the idea that she laid hands on my car and second, the hood was warm! I made her show me what she had done and she touched the hood near the driver's side door! I made her touch the front of the hood just to show the little idiot where the engine was. I asked her about the fabrication that I had "walked across the street" but by then all she was doing was apologizing over and over again while she tore up the ticket. I did report her to the store manager, who was flabbergasted at her methods, and she promised to do something about it. As I was leaving I noticed a nice new black P85+ Tesla parked nearby and it too had a ticket on the windshield. The genius meter maid must have had no clue that it was an electric that never has a warm hood.

I don't like to think that the world is full of morons but sometimes there's no choice.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 12:14 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJohn View Post
Yesterday I stopped by our local CVS to buy a few things. When I got back to my car after about 15 minutes of shopping, I found a $25 ticket on the windshield that said that the car had been there for an hour (the lot has a 2 hour limit) and that I had "walked across the street without intending to shop at CVS". Needless to say, I was just a little ticked and went looking for whoever gave me the bogus ticket. I asked around and sure enough I was pointed towards a young woman in the parking lot with a bunch of tickets in her hand. I approached her, CVS shopping bag in hand, and asked her why in the hell had she had given me a ticket? She told me that she knew my car had been there for a while because the hood was cold! I was incredulous! First of all I didn't like the idea that she laid hands on my car and second, the hood was warm! I made her show me what she had done and she touched the hood near the driver's side door! I made her touch the front of the hood just to show the little idiot where the engine was. I asked her about the fabrication that I had "walked across the street" but by then all she was doing was apologizing over and over again while she tore up the ticket. I did report her to the store manager, who was flabbergasted at her methods, and she promised to do something about it. As I was leaving I noticed a nice new black P85+ Tesla parked nearby and it too had a ticket on the windshield. The genius meter maid must have had no clue that it was an electric that never has a warm hood.

I don't like to think that the world is full of morons but sometimes there's no choice.
LOL!

Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #3
elitex
United_States
Rep
Drives: 22 M8C Coupe, 21 X5MC

Garage List
Checking Tesla's hood for heat.
21 X5M MBB, 20 Evora GT, 20 C63S Coupe,19 X5 50i, 18 Giulia QV, 18 M5, 17 Evora 400, 18 LX570, 17 GT350,18 M4 Comp,17 R8 V10 ,17 M3 Comp,17 GT350,16 Escalade Plat ESV, 16 570S,16 911 GTS,15 M5, 15 LX570, 13 M5,13 Viper,14 Cayman S,13 M3,13 S4,10 RX8,12 A4,10 G37, 04 Mini Cooper S, 08 Scion TC, 06 Altima V6, 05 Altima, 01 Altima, 00 Altima, 94 Explorer, 92 Toyota Pickup, 98 Altima
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 03:11 PM   #4
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by elitex View Post
Checking Tesla's hood for heat.
Checking the front of a Porsche for heat.

Equally stupid, though not in OP's story.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 03:30 PM   #5
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
one born every minute!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 03:36 PM   #6
templarklimek
templarklimek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 15' X6M, 12' R8 V10,

Funny, why is a tax parasite/welfare(public meter maid) giving tickets to cars on private property?
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 03:58 PM   #7
turbolag
is nonexistent with N/A
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by templarklimek View Post
Funny, why is a tax parasite/welfare(public meter maid) giving tickets to cars on private property?
Oh they think they're doing something great for everyone, saying that the 'privileged' ones are all jackasses who break the rules, and trying to become heroes.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
my wife goes nuts at me when I write to complain about parking tickets. I've got about 95% of them cancelled and she thinks thats unfair on the general public!!! My response is the general public is stupid for not trying to avoid paying them!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 04:58 PM   #9
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
my wife goes nuts at me when I write to complain about parking tickets. I've got about 95% of them cancelled and she thinks thats unfair on the general public!!! My response is the general public is stupid for not trying to avoid paying them!
+1

i have got 100% cancelled when i challenge them

such a good feeling when u receive a letter saying YOUR CHALLENGE ACCEPTED
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 04:59 PM   #10
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:

next level for police to touch your breaks and if they are hot issue you ticket for reckless driving
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Hooray for my Video camera.
      10-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
avlnch
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 Individual M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng
Quote:

next level for police to touch your breaks and if they are hot issue you ticket for reckless driving
Yeah.. it doesn't help your case when a cop is at your window and when no one is talking all you hear is click click click click click.
      10-21-2013, 10:24 PM   #13
v12
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10

At least you had the satisfaction of being to confront that person!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #14
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbolag View Post
Checking the front of a Porsche for heat.

Equally stupid, though not in OP's story.

haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

good one... quota killers justifying their job without process.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0