10-23-2012, 10:07 AM   #1
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X7 M Sport, 2015 M4 Vert

Update from VPC Employee : Oil Pump Replacement Status for cars held at VPC

Hi Guys,

here is a statement from a VPC representative who is answering the administrative assistant for the dealership owner down here in SFL. My car is waiting at the VPC for the oil pump replacement and i ask everyday what the status is. My car has been there since 9/27

Well looks like we may be at this for a while longer, they arent getting fix fast at all.... Here is what she said:

Quote from VPC to dealer:

I cannot provide an ETA. The port is slowly receiving good oil pumps for
this campaign.

They are repairing the tourist retailed and priority 1 vehicles first.
They then are working on the oldest (first to arrive at the port).

Last I heard they were working on vehicles that arrive on the 13th of
Sept.

Please be patient.

Sincerely,

Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

after all this i may just cancel this affected car and re-order.... my dealer will get stuck with a 6MT in a special order color... oh well, their problem. im very close to pulling this trigger.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
jgarvish
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '08 Cayman S & '13 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradone1 View Post
after all this i may just cancel this affected car and re-order.... my dealer will get stuck with a 6MT in a special order color... oh well, their problem. im very close to pulling this trigger.
That's what I would do if I were you...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
Ziff73
Private
Rep
Drives: M5

If it were that simple. I cleared customs on 10/10. Pump replaced and at dealership by 10/17.

That said, I was ED with 9/8 pickup so maybe my vin is early???
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
lawpurv99
das biest
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 - Totaled :(

Quote:
Hi Guys,

here is a statement from a VPC representative who is answering the administrative assistant for the dealership owner down here in SFL. My car is waiting at the VPC for the oil pump replacement and i ask everyday what the status is. My car has been there since 9/27

Well looks like we may be at this for a while longer, they arent getting fix fast at all.... Here is what she said:

Quote from VPC to dealer:

I cannot provide an ETA. The port is slowly receiving good oil pumps for
this campaign.

They are repairing the tourist retailed and priority 1 vehicles first.
They then are working on the oldest (first to arrive at the port).

Last I heard they were working on vehicles that arrive on the 13th of
Sept.

Please be patient.

Sincerely,

What port were you at?

I was in GA and they repaired it already, so they claim, but whenever I called to get an update from the ED line, they said it was a Priority 1.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

@Ziff, if you were ED then you are top priority as she said in her communication, they are handled first, i hear alot of ED folks already have their cars back.

@jgarvish, i just wrote the admin assistant to the dealer owner (the person with direct contact to this VPC person) and told them if i cant get a date it will be here shortly i will be cancelling my order. i guarantee they dont want to get stuck with my car... that car just may sit for quite some time on the lot..... if it ever does get fixed.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #7
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawpurv99 View Post
What port were you at?

I was in GA and they repaired it already, so they claim, but whenever I called to get an update from the ED line, they said it was a Priority 1.
I am at Brunswick now and have been since 9/27.. Im not ED, im a normal delivery so i am not of any high priority to them.... I am trying to get to be a priority by offering to cancel the order... lets see what happens, i will if i have to...

last we checked on Saturday i had no work order on my car yet, thats the way to tell if they are getting started on it.... no work order, no work done.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 01:17 PM   #8
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 X5M, 458 Spider

Quote:
I am at Brunswick now and have been since 9/27.. Im not ED, im a normal delivery so i am not of any high priority to them.... I am trying to get to be a priority by offering to cancel the order... lets see what happens, i will if i have to...

last we checked on Saturday i had no work order on my car yet, thats the way to tell if they are getting started on it.... no work order, no work done.
I just got off the phone with the ED Customer service folks and they told me my car had not arrived at the Port yet. I said I am looking at the website of the Shipping company showing a discharge date of 10/20 and she siad that is wrong; that is is the projected date and not actual. Sailwx has my boat the Integrity halfway back to Bremerhaven right now. This is all a bit nuts.
      10-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #9
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
I just got off the phone with the ED Customer service folks and they told me my car had not arrived at the Port yet. I said I am looking at the website of the Shipping company showing a discharge date of 10/20 and she siad that is wrong; that is is the projected date and not actual. Sailwx has my boat the Integrity halfway back to Bremerhaven right now. This is all a bit nuts.
what boat does your sales person say you are on in the computer when he looks at your VIN? this is the BEST place to get your boat name. I thought i was on a certain boat until i got the right one...

Also can you track on BMWUSA.COM? if so what does it say (even though this is delayed, this is the only place i was able to tell my car was at the VPC)?

THis all being before i started to get pissy and got them to answer questions about this oil pump fix, then i was also once again confirmed that i was still at the VPC.

your salesman really can tell where its at the best..... unless ED people dont have a sales person?? This is something i am not familiar with.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #10
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Update: the woman at the VPC has confirmed that they are now working on the cars that showed up on my boat (Athens Highway arrived on 9/27) this week... I should be fixed this week, hopefully.... I will keep everyone posted,

im tired of this nonsense as well.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:21 PM   #11
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
what boat does your sales person say you are on in the computer when he looks at your VIN? this is the BEST place to get your boat name. I thought i was on a certain boat until i got the right one...

Also can you track on BMWUSA.COM? if so what does it say (even though this is delayed, this is the only place i was able to tell my car was at the VPC)?

THis all being before i started to get pissy and got them to answer questions about this oil pump fix, then i was also once again confirmed that i was still at the VPC.

your salesman really can tell where its at the best..... unless ED people dont have a sales person?? This is something i am not familiar with.
No, I know where the car is; BMW ED Customer service doesnt. They are evidently 3 days behind... and counting, with their system. My CA is looking at the same thing as them, he was just smart enough to tell me I have more update information. Just dont know if they are dragging their feet to buy time to get the fix done with minimal documentable "down" time to me.
      10-23-2012, 03:30 PM   #12
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by philly-dee View Post
No, I know where the car is; BMW ED Customer service doesnt. They are evidently 3 days behind... and counting, with their system. My CA is looking at the same thing as them, he was just smart enough to tell me I have more update information. Just dont know if they are dragging their feet to buy time to get the fix done with minimal documentable "down" time to me.
sorry i misunderstood, yes could be the case.. I wasnt getting any good answers until it started to go upstream which was today when i eliminated my salesman, wrote the admin assist and got the sales manager. I like my sales guy but needed to cut him out of the issue and express distaste with sales manager to get more hard answers as to their progress...

ED customers are definitely first in line... it is compelling that they are getting to the end of septembers port delivered cars though, thats a plus...

BMW needs to understand its all about keeping the customer informed. I am borrowing a damn car from a friend right now and i have to tell that friend 'i dont know when it will be fixed, just wait like me, but thanks for letting me borrow your vehicle'..... not cool.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #13
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
sorry i misunderstood, yes could be the case.. I wasnt getting any good answers until it started to go upstream which was today when i eliminated my salesman, wrote the admin assist and got the sales manager. I like my sales guy but needed to cut him out of the issue and express distaste with sales manager to get more hard answers as to their progress...

ED customers are definitely first in line... it is compelling that they are getting to the end of septembers port delivered cars though, thats a plus...

BMW needs to understand its all about keeping the customer informed. I am borrowing a damn car from a friend right now and i have to tell that friend 'i dont know when it will be fixed, just wait like me, but thanks for letting me borrow your vehicle'..... not cool.
Its crappy for everybody. The ED guys like me are simultaneously paying and waiting for our cars PLUS we had the bittersweet reality of driving these things in Europe and having to wait to see them again. I didnt take enough pictures of my clandestine little beauty that I vaguley recall cajoling through europe with.
Dear God the waiting is tough.....
      10-23-2012, 03:42 PM   #14
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

As a benchmark - my car cleared customs and hit the VPC on 10/9. The repair was done yesterday - 10/22.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #15
chillin4now
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
As a benchmark - my car cleared customs and hit the VPC on 10/9. The repair was done yesterday - 10/22.
WFSYCBS
And you got another 3-5 days till you see it?
It is time to hide the shoe laces.
      10-23-2012, 04:13 PM   #16
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla95 View Post
UCLA were you ED and are you at brunswick or out west at another VPC??
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 05:20 PM   #17
dkreidel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: a lot of BMW's

Quote:
i guarantee they dont want to get stuck with my car... that car just may sit for quite some time on the lot..... if it ever does get fixed.
Good; I'll snap it up at $10K less than your contract to help them move it
      10-23-2012, 07:20 PM   #18
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkreidel View Post
Good; I'll snap it up at $10K less than your contract to help them move it
haha I'd say the same thing too...
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

Quote:
UCLA were you ED and are you at brunswick or out west at another VPC??
ED at the New Jersey VPC
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #20
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

yes this is the brunswick GA location which seems to be moving slowly. got a final update today that they are working on the car this week in particular but they have no other information and will not give anymore. they are getting repetitive now.... which means they wont give any more details..

they told the dealers sales manager that they will notify when its complete and then he can check with the carrier that will transport for an actual delivery date.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:48 PM   #21
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Quote:
yes this is the brunswick GA location which seems to be moving slowly. got a final update today that they are working on the car this week in particular but they have no other information and will not give anymore. they are getting repetitive now.... which means they wont give any more details..

they told the dealers sales manager that they will notify when its complete and then he can check with the carrier that will transport for an actual delivery date.
i got the contact info for the car carrier at brunswick if you need it. the company is called hansen&adkins
      10-24-2012, 09:01 PM   #22
bradone1
BMW Extraordinaire
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1
Quote:

i got the contact info for the car carrier at brunswick if you need it. the company is called hansen&adkins
That would be great if you had that info, I've been looking for a way to track the next step myself since it got into the US, thx!!
Appreciate 0