M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

12-05-2014, 07:44 AM   #23
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
Dinan goes above and beyond when assisting with warranty and any situations for that matter.
I have been a Dinan dealer for almost 10 years now and they have always assisted myself and my clients. Even if my client lives 2 hours away, they have contacted that BMW dealer directly and helped me resolve any issue.
Best support I have experienced from any company I have done business with !!
Thanks for the kind words. I know Dan would appreciate it. Hardest working guy in warranty, bar none. =)
+1 Dan is great.
      12-05-2014, 11:19 AM   #24
bmwMcrzy
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2002 M5 DINAN S2

So besides the warranty, whydoes the DINAN piggyback costs six times more than the BMS ?
Does it connect to more sensors?
What exactly is different about the hardware ?
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 01:19 PM   #25
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwMcrzy View Post
So besides the warranty, whydoes the DINAN piggyback costs six times more than the BMS ?
The 2 have been directly compared in previous threads by independent sources. I would consult those numerous threads.

Our system plugs directly into the factory ECU(s) so we have direct access to all necessary signals coming and going from the factory ECU and have an elaborate (in comparison to other systems we have seen on the market) harness system w/ OE plugs that is run around the engine compartment so that the look, feel, and finish is identical to all other components within the engine bay. You can view pictures on our website if you like.
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2014, 08:38 PM   #26
Quicksilver72
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 CP Individual

IIRC, the BMS website has all sorts of disclaimers stating that their products are "Race Only" and for use on "race tracks." Clearly their lawyers have had a hand in this…
2014 F10 M5 Individual, Azurite Black, Competition Package, 20" 601 M Wheels, Ai Custom Laser Interceptor & BelSTiR Radar Package, Bang & Olufsen Stereo, Heads Up Display, Executive Package, Driver's Assistance Package, LED Lighting Package, DINANTRONICS Stage 2, Dinan Cold Air intake, Akrapovic Exhaust. Dyno'd 622RWHP.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2014, 07:32 PM   #27
padrino
Alpina!
Rep
Drives: Alpina XB7

With regard to the previous post, spoke to a couple more folks that were aware of the details, sent Dinan_Engineering a PM with the details on the dealer... Very interested in hearing the response as the details I have seen are fairly straightforward warranty issues, however again it's one side of the story..
      12-08-2014, 06:22 PM   #28
JPMD
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwMcrzy View Post
I had both first BMS and now DINAN on my F10-M5.

The BMS did provide added power in a significant way with the added boost for very low cost. This "Tune" can also accommodate those who have the mean, knowhow and time to customize it i.e. Meth kits etc

The DINAN is night and day superior IMO. The power delivery is completely seamless. It feels stronger than the the BMS especially at lower RPMs. Overall very smooth. I'm 100% satisfied. Also like the security of Warranty and customer service.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 10:16 PM   #29
ImpetuousRacer
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X P100D

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [0.00]
BMS - Power for cheap!
I have the BMS. I think I paid $350 at the time on sale and Dinan had jack beans on the market at the time.

True Power!
The power isn't "maybe I feel a difference", it's noticeable! The one drawback was that it made the car almost slower with MDM on because the straight on torque punch would engage the MDM instantaneously and consistently. With DSC off, the power was great, strong and smooth - BUT, it took work to know how much pedal to use and what RPM's etc. Great for track use.

The new firmware with smoother torque delivery changes the characteristics. You can go back to having MDM on and punch the car and get that smooth power back without the MDM light blinking all over the place.

Customization
You can plug a USB into your laptop and change parameters in seconds yourself. Super easy! No trip needed to the dealer, no dropping your car off, no waiting. Add 95 or 100 octane, increase boost for a fun night at the track. You can do logging to make sure everything is safe yourself. Great for power users, easy enough for novices.

Support
Support has been terrific. Fast response. Very knowledgeable, easy to work with, etc.

Dinan
Sounds like Dinan gives better low end torque, more power, cleaner install/integration, warranty, great support, and made for the person who doesnt want to mess with anything. You pay 7 times more for Dinan to get the above.

Last edited by ImpetuousRacer; 12-09-2014 at 03:53 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2014, 11:45 PM   #30
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpetuousRacer View Post
BMS - Power for cheap!
I have the BMS. I think I paid $350 at the time on sale and Dinan had jack beans on the market at the time.

True Power!
The power isn't "maybe I feel a difference", it's noticeable! The one drawback was that it made the car almost slower with MDM on because the straight on torque punch would engage the MDM instantaneously and consistently. With DSC off, the power was great, strong and smooth - BUT, it took work to know how much pedal to use and what RPM's etc. Great for track use.

The new firmware with smoother torque delivery changes the characteristics. You can go back to having MDM on and punch the car and get that smooth power back with out the MDM light blinking all over the place.

Customization
You can plug a USB into your laptop and change parameters in seconds yourself. Super easy! No trip needed to the dealer, no dropping your car off, no waiting. Add 95 or 100 octane, increase boost for a fun night at the track. You can do logging to make sure everything is safe yourself. Great for power users, easy enough for novices.

Support
Support has been terrific. Fast response. Very knowledgeable, easy to work with, etc.

Dinan
Sounds like Dinan gives better low end torque, more power, cleaner install/integration, warranty, great support, and made for the person who doesnt want to mess with anything. You pay 7 times more for Dinan to get the above.
Well written! Thanks.

So now the question... Wheels or a tune...? Decisions...
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0