07-29-2013, 05:38 PM   #45
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tico12 View Post
Vic55,

M5 & C4S are my 2 favorites...so fortunate to have them both at the same time.

What kind/size wheels are you running and is there a factory rear spoiler lip?

Recently spent 3 days driving 991 fully sideways at Porsche Winter Driving School. Amazing experience in this truly iconic car.
If you are referring to the pics I posted, there is a vorsteiner carbon fiber rear deck lid add on lip and the wheels are, get this, 21x9 and 21x11 with 255x30 and 305x25 tires.... the weights are actually lower than my stock wheel set that was 20x9 and 20x11.5. (about 5-6 lbs in the rear)
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 05:41 PM   #46
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

So Vic, how do you decide which car to take everyday.. ??
      07-29-2013, 05:42 PM   #47
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer6 View Post
Good look finding a GT3 the list is crazy here in the US, and mark up is sick if you can find a deal? To pay MSRP would be a dream here.

I hear you 100% the car is not just a few thousand more in the real world--- maybe on a build site but a fully loaded nicely apportioned C4S (C2S is less as you well know) is about 130k all in. This with all the bells and the GT3 at base with adds is 141k msrp but no one will offer this up for an order cancel. If one was fortunate enough to get a build then the dealers can charge over sticker. I called my latest contact and the first offer was 20k over on their final allocation (they have 3 total). And I just got a C4S from them too LOL....

Canada might differ so good luck Mainly!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 06:53 PM   #48
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic55 View Post
I hear you 100% the car is not just a few thousand more in the real world--- maybe on a build site but a fully loaded nicely apportioned C4S (C2S is less as you well know) is about 130k all in. This with all the bells and the GT3 at base with adds is 141k msrp but no one will offer this up for an order cancel. If one was fortunate enough to get a build then the dealers can charge over sticker. I called my latest contact and the first offer was 20k over on their final allocation (they have 3 total). And I just got a C4S from them too LOL....

Yep. A guy I work with sold his GT3 RS 4.0, ans he's kicking himself because it's worth more than he sold it for. Porsche has a new program if you buy the Spyder 918 you are on the top of all their car list and get first dibs on everything. The trick is the 918 will cost 1.2 with a mark up. I will not pay a mark up for a production car, but I'm satisfied with the 991S, and th M5 for now. Your stable is he real deal to say the least! I'm trying to retire before 50(:
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 11:52 AM   #49
BMWdrmz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW's

You may want to give the R8 a try. It's not a common sight on the road, gets a lot of looks and it really handles well. I actually enjoy driving it more than my E92 M3. I crossed shopped it with the 991 carrera s, AM vantage s, and 997 gt3. For me it was just the easiest to get in drive hard, and offered some exclusivity. It's not a torque monster and needs to be revved to get the most out of it, but its fun.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 01:01 PM   #50
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdrmz View Post
You may want to give the R8 a try. It's not a common sight on the road, gets a lot of looks and it really handles well. I actually enjoy driving it more than my E92 M3. I crossed shopped it with the 991 carrera s, AM vantage s, and 997 gt3. For me it was just the easiest to get in drive hard, and offered some exclusivity. It's not a torque monster and needs to be revved to get the most out of it, but its fun.
Interesting choice. Sort of considered it but never too seriously. Maybe I will give it a look myself.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 01:10 PM   #51
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Interesting choice. Sort of considered it but never too seriously. Maybe I will give it a look myself.

V10 sir.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 03:48 PM   #52
mainly
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3, '12 CLS63 Kleemann K3

Quote:

the fully optioned C4S , that included all performance options? like the $20K power kit, pdk, sports exhaust and sport design package?

im also playing with the idea of getting rid of my M5 and my X5(winter vehicle) and replacing it with a 2014 cls63 sAMG 4matic. would be nice to drive a kick ass ride all year round. see here in canada, i get to enjoy the m5 for a mere 6 months. crazy really. it spent november -mid may inside my garage.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #53
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
V10 sir.
So Vic,

In order, what are your favorite vehicles i your garage? Am I crazy getting the F13 since we have an F12 or would you go another direction? I love the raw power of the M6.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 05:44 PM   #54
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
So Vic,

In order, what are your favorite vehicles i your garage? Am I crazy getting the F13 since we have an F12 or would you go another direction? I love the raw power of the M6.

tough to say--- they all serve different purposes and functions- so this is more of a current feeling that could change:

1. R8 V10
2. 991 C4S
3. C63 BS tied with M6 (BS more fun to drive, M6 faster)

You are right in how you feel about the F13 especially compared to the F10. I can see why you wanted to get a vert version of the M6 and hardroof edition. I love the S63tu engine- I wish it was in a chassis I could toss around alot more and easier though. It would be fucking deadly. I am parting ways with the M5.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 06:44 PM   #55
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
tough to say--- they all serve different purposes and functions- so this is more of a current feeling that could change:

1. R8 V10
2. 991 C4S
3. C63 BS tied with M6 (BS more fun to drive, M6 faster)

You are right in how you feel about the F13 especially compared to the F10. I can see why you wanted to get a vert version of the M6 and hardroof edition. I love the S63tu engine- I wish it was in a chassis I could toss around alot more and easier though. It would be fucking deadly. I am parting ways with the M5.
Yeah, I just don't have the excitement that I once had for my F10. I am going to just do my self a little "peace of mind" test driving tomm and Thurs. and drive the C4S and the R8. Interesting that yo like the R8 best. Does the torque difference in an NA car not sort of disappoint you off the line or am I being closed-minded? Once again, I am just in love with that surge of power. I was hoping that the comp pkg in a coupe, with the dialed in steering, diiff and suspension might be the perfect middle ground between the sport and luxury and will allow me to toss it around the way that I would like to. There is a very nicely appointed C4S that I absolutely love at my local dealer. I never drove the C4S but I did drive the C2S. Not sure I like the cockpit of the R8. Doesn't seems as "high-end" if that makes any sense?

Last edited by ColdList; 07-30-2013 at 07:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 06:59 PM   #56
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I just don;t have the excitement that I once had for my F10. I am going to just do my self a little "peace of mind" test driving tomm and Thurs. and drive the C4S and the R8. Interesting that yo like the R8 best. Does the torque difference in an NA car not sort of disappoint you off the line or am I being closed-minded? Once again, I am just in love with that surge of power. I was hoping that the comp pkg in a coupe, with the dialed in steering, diiff and suspension might be the perfect middle ground between the sport and luxury and will allow me to toss it around the I would like to. There is a very nicely appointed C4S that I absolutely love at my local dealer. I never drove the C4S but I did drive the C2S. Not sure I like the cockpit of the R8. Doesn't seems as "high-end" if that makes any sense?
The TQ stock on the R8 is plenty for the weight of the car--- the car pulls and has a nice (non sexual) thrust LOL. The interior of the R8 is indeed dated electronically IMHO vs the M6 and 991. The nav is the older generation and it lacks some minor amenities. But thats not what the car is for me, its a driver and it is still quite luxurious but like I said its such a driver you forget about the little things its missing. It handles and sounds like a dream---- it has gtr style handling but doesnt need to be pushed to the end to get the most out of it. The sound is intoxicating especially with an exhaust mod. Do this and ecu mod it and you have what I like to call an entry level super car that can be driven 20k miles per year. My minor mods gained me 40 awhp (this is alot for an NA AWD car) and you can feel it.

You have read up my C4S reviews, just make sure you drive one with "sport plus" on and have the suspension on firm. Drive it hard - and dont freak when the rpms stay up top when you are cruising around town- thats what sport plus does. You can always up shift with the paddles if you are concerned LOL. The 991 cockpit is much nicer and more advanced than the R8 no doubt. But I love the R8 sound did I tell you this?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:12 PM   #57
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
The TQ stock on the R8 is plenty for the weight of the car--- the car pulls and has a nice (non sexual) thrust LOL. The interior of the R8 is indeed dated electronically IMHO vs the M6 and 991. The nav is the older generation and it lacks some minor amenities. But thats not what the car is for me, its a driver and it is still quite luxurious but like I said its such a driver you forget about the little things its missing. It handles and sounds like a dream---- it has gtr style handling but doesnt need to be pushed to the end to get the most out of it. The sound is intoxicating especially with an exhaust mod. Do this and ecu mod it and you have what I like to call an entry level super car that can be driven 20k miles per year. My minor mods gained me 40 awhp (this is alot for an NA AWD car) and you can feel it.

You have read up my C4S reviews, just make sure you drive one with "sport plus" on and have the suspension on firm. Drive it hard - and dont freak when the rpms stay up top when you are cruising around town- thats what sport plus does. You can always up shift with the paddles if you are concerned LOL. The 991 cockpit is much nicer and more advanced than the R8 no doubt. But I love the R8 sound did I tell you this?
Ha! I "get it" about the R8. Probably wold not be my choice simply because I do want the updated electronics. Don't get me wrong, I wold never trade elec for perf but I can get a nice combo of both I believe. I will just jump in that C4S tomm and be 1000% sure that I don't love it. I did drive the C2S in Sport Plus and it didn't do it. I will go with an open mind and if I loveit I will give the dealer "one chance" to make a sweet deal. They actually have an almost identical 2013 on the lot as well so perhaps they have some motivation (thinking WAY ahead here). Honestly, I think I will not be so in love but we will see. I drive a 2012 997 Turbo S and it didn't do it for me. The performance was great but that model felt "old". The 991 is so gorgeous. Ever made an apples to apples comparison like that to a 997 car? I know these are such subjective questions. Just trying so hard to really "get" the love of the Porsche. I guess tomm will be my FINAL decision. So tempting also because the Porsche is available NOW.

Last edited by ColdList; 07-30-2013 at 07:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #58
gsc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche Turbo

NO Hre's on that 991, Vic?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 07:52 PM   #59
Spinny02
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 CP Dinan Stage 2

Garage List
Come take a ride with me! Were you in a clone turbo s? =). The only thing about my turbo s that they could have done better is the exterior body kit could be better. (of course i am very biased)

Quote:
I drive a 2012 997 Turbo S and it didn't do it for me.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 08:12 PM   #60
starchild
Private
Rep
Drives: spaceship

Quote:
Ha! I "get it" about the R8. Probably wold not be my choice simply because I do want the updated electronics. Don't get me wrong, I wold never trade elec for perf but I can get a nice combo of both I believe. I will just jump in that C4S tomm and be 1000% sure that I don't love it. I did drive the C2S in Sport Plus and it didn't do it. I will go with an open mind and if I loveit I will give the dealer "one chance" to make a sweet deal. They actually have an almost identical 2013 on the lot as well so perhaps they have some motivation (thinking WAY ahead here). Honestly, I think I will not be so in love but we will see. I drive a 2012 997 Turbo S and it didn't do it for me. The performance was great but that model felt "old". The 991 is so gorgeous. Ever made an apples to apples comparison like that to a 997 car? I know these are such subjective questions. Just trying so hard to really "get" the love of the Porsche. I guess tomm will be my FINAL decision. So tempting also because the Porsche is available NOW.

Mike,so what time should i meet you at the porsche dealer.
i have been looking at the new 991 gt3 reviews over the weekend and i must say that i'm getting hooked,really loving those body lines and the factory wheels are just to die for.Need me a new weekend car.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 08:46 PM   #61
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinny02 View Post
Come take a ride with me! Were you in a clone turbo s? =). The only thing about my turbo s that they could have done better is the exterior body kit could be better. (of course i am very biased)
You missed the part I did not like. It felt "old" inside to me. The 991 next to it looks like a more modern car. I really see the 997 as in need of the interior update of the 991. As for performance, it was insane!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #62
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by starchild View Post
Mike,so what time should i meet you at the porsche dealer.
i have been looking at the new 991 gt3 reviews over the weekend and i must say that i'm getting hooked,really loving those body lines and the factory wheels are just to die for.Need me a new weekend car.
Hey seriously Tim do you want to go? I get back in Atlanta at 8:30. Prob. will want to run over there around 11:30 or 12:00. GT# is too tough to get. Don't want to wait that long and/or pay the premium. Also like the luxury in the C4S. Text me.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #63
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Wow. A 997ts will do it for me. Especially after I got an extended test drive in sport mode. Ill take it off your hands. Send it to cypress tx.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #64
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
Wow. A 997ts will do it for me. Especially after I got an extended test drive in sport mode. Ill take it off your hands. Send it to cypress tx.
Hahahaha! I don't own one. Just test drove a few.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #65
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Quote:
V10 sir.
I would find it so hard to part ways with my R8. Feels like a real race car that I can put the top down on. When driving it I take the long way almost every time. You forget about the older interior and NAV, the driving experience totally dominates and the confidence it gives any driver is incredible. Did I mention the V10 sound, its sex to my ears hehe.
      07-30-2013, 09:41 PM   #66
Bimmer6
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 458SPY, GT3RS on the way

Quote:
So Vic,

Ahhhhhh young skywalker looking to the dark side(:
Appreciate 0