M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

07-05-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M5 Individual

Ordered! 2016 Individual M5 ED // Questions

After literally more than a year of lurking in the boards and learning from you guys, researching, planning (and day dreaming!) I finally signed by buyer's order sheet and locked in my build!!

Here are my build details:
2016 F10 M5 Individual in Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic
European Delivery date TBD (requested Oct 2015).
Amaro Brown Full Leather with White Contrast Stitching.
Headliner in Upholstery color.
Piano Black trim.
Competition Package.
Drivers' Assistance Plus.
Executive Package.
B & O Sound.

Now, for some questions:
1. When is the deadline for making changes to the build? I believe the window closes once the car hits status 150 (Production Started), correct? My CA doesnt seem to know this fact and I wanna confirm.

2. I requested the car to be fitted with Michelin PSS tires but its not stated anywhere in the order sheet. Can I absolutely request Michelin PSS instead of P-Zeros?

3. How soon after the order hits 111 status do I get my ED date? I wanna make sure I get my first choice Ed date. I emailed BMWEuropeanDelivery@bmwna.com and they said they should have an answer next week.

Thanks as always! Folks on this forum have enabled me to feel confident about my build and ordering process!

f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
European Delivery: October 10 2015 [Pictures here]
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 12:06 PM   #2
dsad1
Colonel
Rep
Drives: car

1. I think it's a decent amount before 150 with an individual car, with a non individual car it can pretty much be changed until the last second. On my last individual order I needed to make a change and I had to get a new allocation slot to do it even though the car wasn't in production yet. That change added another month to the order.

2. no clue

3. I got my ED date confirmed the day of or day after 111 status, but it took 2 months to get to 111. I am guessing Sabrina.Knudsen@bmwnaext.com replied to you, she is great to work with.

I will be picking mine up September 8th, my first ED as well. I was annoyed at first since it took 2 months to get a date. But now it seems to be smooth sailing.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 12:19 PM   #3
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
3. I got my ED date confirmed the day of or day after 111 status, but it took 2 months to get to 111. I am guessing Sabrina.Knudsen@bmwnaext.com replied to you, she is great to work with.
Right. Its now almost 6 weeks and counting from the start of my build process with BMW Individual. Hoping I can get to 111 asap.

Quote:
I will be picking mine up September 8th, my first ED as well.
What did you order?

Thanks!
f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 12:42 PM   #4
bruza
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 & '06 Volvo S60 R

Sorry, cant help on your questions but that's definitely a tasteful build. I also have the Amaro Brown Leather (with matching headliner but no contrast stitching) and Piano Black Trim too. Like many here say, the wait will be the worst part but worth it in the end.

2021 M5 Competition Marina Bay Blue/ Individual Tartufo/ Individual Piano Black Trim. Took delivery 11/27/2020
2017 X5 ///M Silverstone/Mugello Red/ Carbon Fiber Trim Turned in 11/27/2020
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 01:47 PM   #5
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frisky View Post

What did you order?

Thanks!
f.
Alpina B6 in Frozen Alpina Blue with Opal/Amaro interior. It's taking forever...but at least I have a date now.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 03:21 PM   #6
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruza View Post
Sorry, cant help on your questions but that's definitely a tasteful build. I also have the Amaro Brown Leather (with matching headliner but no contrast stitching) and Piano Black Trim too. Like many here say, the wait will be the worst part but worth it in the end.
Im very familiar with your car! As part of my research Ive read all your posts and your ED report. Love your car's color and it really goes well with that amaro brown interior! Ive been debating whether to get the piano black with the amaro brown instead of something lighter to compliment the white stitching but so far nothing really looks good except that black piano black trim. Good choice. :-)

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 03:23 PM   #7
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Alpina B6 in Frozen Alpina Blue with Opal/Amaro interior. It's taking forever...but at least I have a date now.
Nice! Thats a sick car and build! Cant wait to check our your pics!

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #8
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
After literally more than a year of lurking in the boards and learning from you guys, researching, planning (and day dreaming!) I finally signed by buyer's order sheet and locked in my build!!

Here are my build details:
2016 F10 M5 Individual in Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic
European Delivery date TBD (requested Oct 2015).
Amaro Brown Full Leather with White Contrast Stitching.
Headliner in Upholstery color.
Piano Black trim.
Competition Package.
Drivers' Assistance Plus.
Executive Package.
B & O Sound.

Now, for some questions:
1. When is the deadline for making changes to the build? I believe the window closes once the car hits status 150 (Production Started), correct? My CA doesnt seem to know this fact and I wanna confirm.

2. I requested the car to be fitted with Michelin PSS tires but its not stated anywhere in the order sheet. Can I absolutely request Michelin PSS instead of P-Zeros?

3. How soon after the order hits 111 status do I get my ED date? I wanna make sure I get my first choice Ed date. I emailed BMWEuropeanDelivery@bmwna.com and they said they should have an answer next week.

Thanks as always! Folks on this forum have enabled me to feel confident about my build and ordering process!

f.
1. For Individual it's got to be much sooner then the car entering production. Mine was a custom build, as is yours. My car was build in last week of April. I had placed my order and locked in ED date early Jan. I was told anything after end of Feb would delay my build.

2. Good luck with PSS. Those are hard tires to come by. I have P Zero's on my car and they are fine. I haven't driven her hard yet, and they have been just fine.

3. I have no idea about codes. Online I could never see codes, and when I called BMWNA, they didn't know codes either. You will get your ED date soon my friend!
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 06:55 PM   #9
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90potentialbuyer View Post
1. For Individual it's got to be much sooner then the car entering production. Mine was a custom build, as is yours. My car was build in last week of April. I had placed my order and locked in ED date early Jan. I was told anything after end of Feb would delay my build.

2. Good luck with PSS. Those are hard tires to come by. I have P Zero's on my car and they are fine. I haven't driven her hard yet, and they have been just fine.

3. I have no idea about codes. Online I could never see codes, and when I called BMWNA, they didn't know codes either. You will get your ED date soon my friend!
Thanks man! I cant wait!

Another question I had is about getting that M Studio tour. I've posed that question to BMWNA ED team and will you guys know what I find out.

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2015, 06:58 PM   #10
E90potentialbuyer
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 / 2009 335i xDrive

Quote:
Thanks man! I cant wait!

Another question I had is about getting that M Studio tour. I've posed that question to BMWNA ED team and will you guys know what I find out.

f.
My delivery person said that M Studio tour can be arranged. I was returning my car next day and really wanted to put in some miles then watch a studio. Look around on forums. You may be able to pre-arrange it prior to taking delivery. Take plenty of pics, and hopefully you get to drive a decent bit!
2017 Fiat 500C Abarth
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 12:41 AM   #11
bruza
Major
Rep
Drives: '21 M5 & '06 Volvo S60 R

Quote:
Im very familiar with your car! As part of my research Ive read all your posts and your ED report. Love your car's color and it really goes well with that amaro brown interior! Ive been debating whether to get the piano black with the amaro brown instead of something lighter to compliment the white stitching but so far nothing really looks good except that black piano black trim. Good choice. :-)

f.
Preciate that sir. No regrets on the Piano Black against the Amaro Brown. Keep in mind the Piano Black scratches easily.

Carry on sir. Looking forward to your car pics and trip report as well.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 09:38 AM   #12
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

f.
Piano black looks great with amaro brown, the other option is the white ash with amaro brown. Haven't seen it in real life, but the pictures for the 6 series LCI have it and it seems to look good.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1078302
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2015, 09:57 AM   #13
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Piano black looks great with amaro brown, the other option is the white ash with amaro brown. Haven't seen it in real life, but the pictures for the 6 series LCI have it and it seems to look good.

http://www.6post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1078302
Hmm, that does look nice. But I like subtle tones and I think the white is sticking out too much. Audi has this fine grain ash brown in matte finish that looks rather nice. Think Im sticking with my first choice which was piano black... :-)

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 09:14 AM   #14
greentrbo95gst
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 M5 Comp

Great build. Definitely jealous of the interior.
Are you ordering mods yet?
      07-13-2015, 10:30 AM   #15
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
Great build. Definitely jealous of the interior.
Are you ordering mods yet?
Thanks! I like my cars pretty close to stock. I will however get matte black grills thru IND. Thats about it. The long agonizing wait until Oct begins...

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 12:29 PM   #16
dmetuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Frozen Grey M5

The First Frozen Cashmere M5

Congrats
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      07-13-2015, 12:31 PM   #17
Lalit@autocouture
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tributo, Superfast, M5cs

Nice
Appreciate 1
      07-21-2015, 09:45 AM   #18
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

After more than 7 weeks from placing order to today, I finally got my confirmed ED pickup date ---> Oct 10 2015. My first choice date!

The approval from BMWAG took longer than usual due to some customizations...

Either way - happy day! :-)

f.
@friskygeek

Last edited by frisky; 07-21-2015 at 10:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 10:22 AM   #19
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
After more than 7 weeks from placing order to today, I finally got my confirmed ED pickup date ---> Oct 10 2015. My first choice date!

The approval from BMWAG took longer than usual due to some customizations...

Either way - happy day! :-)

f.
Congrats! At least we know they are consistent with the individual orders. I placed an order right around a month before you, and my ED is a month before yours.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 10:30 AM   #20
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Congrats! At least we know they are consistent with the individual orders. I placed an order right around a month before you, and my ED is a month before yours.

Congrats to you as well! Cant wait to see pics of your car.

Dunno why it took so long - I guess they must be getting a lot of requests for individuals these days and they're backed up. I think they hate me by now because I kept emailing them for updates. ;-)

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 10:32 AM   #21
dsad1
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Congrats to you as well! Cant wait to see pics of your car.

Dunno why it took so long - I guess they must be getting a lot of requests for individuals these days and they're backed up. I think they hate me by now because I kept emailing them for updates. ;-)

f.
I am curious, did your dealership ask for a deposit for the individual items? They have never asked me for a deposit before, but because these were off the ordering guide individual items, they requested a deposit just in case they get stuck with the car.

I was hesitant, but ended up doing it anyways.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2015, 10:55 AM   #22
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am curious, did your dealership ask for a deposit for the individual items? They have never asked me for a deposit before, but because these were off the ordering guide individual items, they requested a deposit just in case they get stuck with the car.

I was hesitant, but ended up doing it anyways.

Yep. $5000, which is normal for individual cars. Usually its $1000. I didnt mind since it was refundable and hey, I got some extra Amex Platinum points. ;-)

f.
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0