02-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #1
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Slow

10 days after delivery, flat tire, towed to dealer

Folks,

Sorry that I haven't really had chance to post up pictures of my car since taking delivery. The weather has been horrible and so is the road. Today marks the 10th day of owning the M5 and I was lucky to catch a flat tire right in the spot where I could have ran over a pothole. The wheel wasn't damaged at all but there was a visible 1/2 inch cut on the side wall of my passenger rear tire. The air was leaking as I could hear the whistle sound.

Called BMW assist and they sent help within 30 mins. I was only 4km away from the dealer and was lucky to arrive there at the time they were closing. Car was settled at the service bay waiting for tire availability tomorrow. We'll see if the tire insurance I paid will be worth the pennies.

Thumb up for BMW assist and the nice tow truck man.
      02-28-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
h4nh
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SC E90 M3 / 13 F10 M5

Garage List
2009 E90 M3 (superc ...  [10.00]
2013 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by py0413 View Post
Folks,

Sorry that I haven't really had chance to post up pictures of my car since taking delivery. The weather has been horrible and so is the road. Today marks the 10th day of owning the M5 and I was lucky to catch a flat tire right in the spot where I could have ran over a pothole. The wheel wasn't damaged at all but there was a visible 1/2 inch cut on the side wall of my passenger rear tire. The air was leaking as I could hear the whistle sound.

Called BMW assist and they sent help within 30 mins. I was only 4km away from the dealer and was lucky to arrive there at the time they were closing. Car was settled at the service bay waiting for tire availability tomorrow. We'll see if the tire insurance I paid will be worth the pennies.

Thumb up for BMW assist and the nice tow truck man.
Lucky! Sometimes it takes them an hour to get to even if you're close by.
      03-01-2013, 11:48 AM   #3
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep

h4nh,

The tow truck driver had a BCAA badge on his shirts. My past experience with BCAA had always been excellent. They respond real fast probably due to its large network. Sister's battery died in 06', their man came in within 20mins and fixed it. And I am lucky to have a problem while I was in town.

To update,

Went to the dealership this morning and signed my tire insurance claim form. The insurance should cover this for me otherwise they charge $762 ( canadian dollar) per tire at the dealer. There is not tire found locally so they'll have to get one from elsewhere which won't arrive until Monday.
      03-02-2013, 04:41 AM   #4
TheGr8Swami
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550i M-Sport w/XDrive

Whoa, 30 minutes is amazing! It's great to hear that BMW Assist works well for these issues.

The wheel and tire protection is a must on our cars. I've had BMW replace 3 GY LS2 run flats due to sidewall bubbling on my 2011 550i. My co-worker's X5M went through 10 sets of tires and 2 wheels on his lease and all were replaced with the wheel and tire package! It's worth every cent!
      03-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #5
py0413
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGr8Swami
Whoa, 30 minutes is amazing! It's great to hear that BMW Assist works well for these issues.

The wheel and tire protection is a must on our cars. I've had BMW replace 3 GY LS2 run flats due to sidewall bubbling on my 2011 550i. My co-worker's X5M went through 10 sets of tires and 2 wheels on his lease and all were replaced with the wheel and tire package! It's worth every cent!
The town where I live has been having quite a lot of projects going on. With those work sites of new houses, shipping centers, road reconditions, I have had 6 flat tires during the last 24 months. I hope the insurance company won't give me trouble if I happen to make multiple claims down the road. Just have a feeling that those nails and screws can't leave me alone.