03-21-2018, 06:47 AM   #1
Has_944
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW F10 | Apline White

BMW M5 F10 Tuners

Hi everyone, my first post on here.

Little background, I currently own a 2014 BMW F10 M5 in Alpine White, car is pretty much standard apart from Rear Box and Muffler Delete.

Now that the dreary winter is behind us (hopefully), I'm looking to remap my car before VMAX200 in September. Was a little annoying last time I went and the car limited to 167! Currently looking at a few UK based tuners and now that the cars ECU's can be flashed, some American Based tuners. Please let me know if anyone has had any experience with the below:
[*]MSL[*]Evolve[*]DMS[*]DME tuning[*]RK Tunes

Also anyone running software on their car, have you noticed any major traction difference, the main issue with UK is that its never dry and I'm a little nervous a remap would potentially make the closer slower under 100 due to the lack of putting power down. Currently I run the car a gear above and let it through the revs whist gradually increasing throttle, seems to do the trick come rain or shine.

Thanks guys.
Hassan
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 07:00 AM   #2
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

the search button is your friend

Country run
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 08:48 AM   #3
Has_944
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5 TT View Post
Mine is stage 1 going stage 2 shortly. Check out DDG Tuning. Not far from you. Used him loads. Sensible money as well!!

Mapping in uk you NEED MPS4s tyres. I had MPSS 295, in dry they were not bad in wet again pretty good but the 305 MPS4s are night and day better. I have also reduced my rear camber to -1.0 again makes a difference. I live up north so CUP2 are not an option for me as its to wet
Couldn't agree more. I previously had 295 PSS, but I've recently changed to 305 Dunlop SP Sport Maxx Race and they put the power down better than the PSS once warm. Like any Tyre for these cars - they're dangerous cold.

I've heard a few people reduced the camber on the newer M3's and M4's for better straight line traction, although I heard it affected cornering. What gains did you receive on your M5 if you don't mind me asking?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 10:16 AM   #4
Has_944
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Hard to quantify,

One example before my car was mapped and on 295 MPSS, no matter how carful I was I could not get 3rd gear down without TC kicking in. once my camber was reduced from -1.6 or -1.8 cant remember to -1.0 I could get all the power down in 3rd gear albeit I had to be very ginger applying the throttle, where as before no matter how gentle I was 3rd just would not hook. Wet conditions

You can definitely feel the difference in terms of increased grip. As for impact on handling I cant tell you yet. Not had a decent day to try it out. I suspect it will have a negative effect on cornering but to what degree I don't know yet.
Awesome stuff, this will definitely be something I'll look into. Unfortunately living in the UK we have S*** weather and even s****** road surfaces, which worsens chances of the car hooking up. I've had traction light blinking at silly speeds purely because of the road surface in damp conditions.

I know some Americans on social media running silly power from these S63 engines, but having much more ideal conditions for it. One of which running 1030WHP!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 11:15 AM   #5
apexlocator
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

If you are having some traction issues in the current weather conditions, a tune will make it worse. Its hard to transition smoothly to full boost on any street tires in such a small rpm range. A stage 2 alone can net you at least 100+ wtq.

Since you still have cats, stage 1, and I'll recommend Mission Performance. But, my first choice is always a local tuner if possible.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 09:34 PM   #6
TheHouseWon
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5

Halim and ProTuningFreaks. Or Evolve
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 11:55 PM   #7
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Has_944 View Post
Quote:
Hard to quantify,

One example before my car was mapped and on 295 MPSS, no matter how carful I was I could not get 3rd gear down without TC kicking in. once my camber was reduced from -1.6 or -1.8 cant remember to -1.0 I could get all the power down in 3rd gear albeit I had to be very ginger applying the throttle, where as before no matter how gentle I was 3rd just would not hook. Wet conditions

You can definitely feel the difference in terms of increased grip. As for impact on handling I cant tell you yet. Not had a decent day to try it out. I suspect it will have a negative effect on cornering but to what degree I don't know yet.
Awesome stuff, this will definitely be something I'll look into. Unfortunately living in the UK we have S*** weather and even s****** road surfaces, which worsens chances of the car hooking up. I've had traction light blinking at silly speeds purely because of the road surface in damp conditions.

I know some Americans on social media running silly power from these S63 engines, but having much more ideal conditions for it. One of which running 1030WHP!!!
They are in this forum.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 02:07 AM   #8
Craze
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5 E60, M5 F10, X5 50i

I have an ess tune

Its drivable easilt in the wet however i find that the dcs doesnt catch as easily as its not used to such a substantial power increase
Appreciate 0