M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

06-21-2014, 07:25 AM   #45
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
So we have manheart, pp performance, bms, and switzer. For the most part I've only heard of one guy who pushed the limits of his car featured in this thread w the pp. most others use bms and I can't remember the guys name in Cali who has the switzer. I'm just curious why 99% of us stayed away from the manheart. I have my own reasons from past irritations w them on another forum post. But none the less state side I've never heard of anyone using them or pp.
Manhart and PP concentrate on the European, UAE and Chinese market AFAIK.

The Manhart Stage IV requires the car to be at their shop.

The other stages are basically "just" press tune, DP and exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 09:04 AM   #46
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
Thanks

The OP did 660whp on the Dynojet with his Manhart tune. Then he changed to the PP tune. But before changing he dyno'd his M5 on the MAHA dyno with the Manhart tune. Then he did the PP tune and dyno'd again on the same MAHA dyno which resulted in 90hp more at the flywheel.

So, he basically has 90hp more than what the Dynojet shows (since he got a delta gain of 90hp between the two tunes on the same dyno).
What gear was he in?

I'm pretty sure my car should be around 700-750 whp in a 6th gear pull since it is the 1:1 gear.
But all that is is a figure and until I can unlock the topend limiter I will never know.

I have a 1/2 mile drag race in Georgia I'm going to in September we see how she does.
I woul like to find a way to take the topend limiter off without messing with a DME flash. Worried it will affect the way the BMS is running.
As for now it's running great
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 09:53 AM   #47
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 GC FULL HAMMAN WIDE BO

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
What gear was he in?

I'm pretty sure my car should be around 700-750 whp in a 6th gear pull since it is the 1:1 gear.
But all that is is a figure and until I can unlock the topend limiter I will never know.

I have a 1/2 mile drag race in Georgia I'm going to in September we see how she does.
I woul like to find a way to take the topend limiter off without messing with a DME flash. Worried it will affect the way the BMS is running.
Can't wait to see u break into 10s n I believe even mid 10s!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 10:53 AM   #48
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andym3100k View Post
Can't wait to see u break into 10s n I believe even mid 10s!
Yeah me too and I can't wait to just go to the track, I have my 60ft down to a science I just need a cooler day. This weather has been a pain in my ass from with 90-100f or raining.

So far out of the 3 runs I got a 1.72, 1.73 and a best of 1.68 60ft. So we see. I know I Gould be able to get a high 10 but a mid 10's are harder then you think. I believe I will need more power to achieve that. Especially the weight of the car. This car is more of a highway monster and doesn't start pulling till it gets in the higher gears.

So we see ill post once I get to the track.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #49
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbdurham17 View Post
I would guess that the DCT or parts of the drivetrain, which the second limiter is supposedly related to, are not rated for speeds (RPMs encountered)over 190 or whatever the second limiter is set. It would suck to have a drive shaft, joint, clutch, flywheel or whatever reach it's limit and give up at 200mph.
Yes you are right and also this DCT (7DCI700) are rated to maximum 700 NM (516 ft-lb) ... but who care???? ... I mean people don't care...
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 05:22 PM   #50
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Yeah me too and I can't wait to just go to the track, I have my 60ft down to a science I just need a cooler day. This weather has been a pain in my ass from with 90-100f or raining.

So far out of the 3 runs I got a 1.72, 1.73 and a best of 1.68 60ft. So we see. I know I Gould be able to get a high 10 but a mid 10's are harder then you think. I believe I will need more power to achieve that. Especially the weight of the car. This car is more of a highway monster and doesn't start pulling till it gets in the higher gears.

So we see ill post once I get to the track.
Bro, any idea how to lighten the car since weight is an issue? Ever thought of cf door, bonnet n racing seats? I believe they can easily take off 200kg. ...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 06:20 PM   #51
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Bro, any idea how to lighten the car since weight is an issue? Ever thought of cf door, bonnet n racing seats? I believe they can easily take off 200kg. ...
Take the doors off lol!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 07:30 PM   #52
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Take the doors off lol!
Hahaha...... good idea. Maybe just for the drag n for sure that will be the highlight, Drag without doors haha haha. ....
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2014, 10:02 PM   #53
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hahaha...... good idea. Maybe just for the drag n for sure that will be the highlight, Drag without doors haha haha. ....
Thought about gutin mine out all seats from from to back and just sit on bucket lmao!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 02:01 AM   #54
M-bitious
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Guys can we go back on topic please and do the other car in a separate thread. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 03:20 AM   #55
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

what kind of tire have you installed on your car?
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 06:14 AM   #56
Abdalla Alhammadi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots View Post
So we have manheart, pp performance, bms, and switzer. For the most part I've only heard of one guy who pushed the limits of his car featured in this thread w the pp. most others use bms and I can't remember the guys name in Cali who has the switzer. I'm just curious why 99% of us stayed away from the manheart. I have my own reasons from past irritations w them on another forum post. But none the less state side I've never heard of anyone using them or pp.
my car is PP and im soooo happy with the results ... i don't care about others opinion regarding PP-Performance because im the guy who is enjoying his car and beats other cars easily

in PP-Performance we have open odometer ... downpipes without "check engine" light ... a totally different car behavior ... and winning the races all the time

I'm not expert ... I'm not perfect
I try to learn ... I try to be
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 06:34 AM   #57
Soorena
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdalla Alhammadi View Post
my car is PP and im soooo happy with the results ... i don't care about others opinion regarding PP-Performance because im the guy who is enjoying his car and beats other cars easily

in PP-Performance we have open odometer ... downpipes without "check engine" light ... a totally different car behavior ... and winning the races all the time
You mean the tune is CAN compatible?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 04:18 PM   #58
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast
Quote:
Thanks

The OP did 660whp on the Dynojet with his Manhart tune. Then he changed to the PP tune. But before changing he dyno'd his M5 on the MAHA dyno with the Manhart tune. Then he did the PP tune and dyno'd again on the same MAHA dyno which resulted in 90hp more at the flywheel.

So, he basically has 90hp more than what the Dynojet shows (since he got a delta gain of 90hp between the two tunes on the same dyno).
What gear was he in?

Can you quote a source that shows WHP is gear dependent? I believe that I have seen many dyno runs for the M5 in 5th and 6th, all with the same WHP readings.

AFAIK a engine doesn't make more hp to the wheels regardless of gearing. Torque is multiplied by gearing though.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #59
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Can you quote a source that shows WHP is gear dependent? I believe that I have seen many dyno runs for the M5 in 5th and 6th, all with the same WHP readings.

AFAIK a engine doesn't make more hp to the wheels regardless of gearing. Torque is multiplied by gearing though.
Here's my Dyno back in the day when I dynoed between both gears the same day to show the car will put more power down by getting closer to the 1:1 gear. One run is in 4th the other in 5th. Also the limiter kicks in in 5th at 6200 rpm a 1000 rpm early do to hitting the 155mph.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #60
mstmng
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abdalla Alhammadi View Post

show us your numbers pls
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:29 PM   #61
Andym3100k
Captain
Singapore
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstmng View Post
show us your numbers pls
+100000.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2014, 07:39 PM   #62
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
+100000.
+1 sounds good you're enjoying your car and its performance but I'd also like to see some Dyno numbers, 1/4 mile times, and race videos.

I don't have PP performance but j can say I've been smoking the competition very easily. All I'm missing is topend limiter and don't have a cel with my catless DPs because of the cat material inside the rear 02 bungs.

Even though you have no cel you'll still won't be able to pass inspection here in the states because the software makes the 02's show a non readiness code even though you have no cel.

I can pass inspection because I don't have cel software and no cel because of the way my DPs are set up.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 05:06 AM   #63
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Can we even get PP software here in the states? Because honestly, if we can't, they could be putting down 2000whp and it wouldn't matter for a majority of us.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 09:46 AM   #64
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bitious View Post
I feel comfortable to quote with my latest IPE exhaust upgrade 810bhp. Crank bhp is what we Europeans go by (just like BMW quoting crank bhp). People may do their own maths on what they believe the wheel power is. Sorry to disappoint. I do don't really care about RWHP.
So you are saying Europeans will believe anything? I'm a European American living in the States and this makes no sense. What I think you mean is when a manufacturer quotes vehicle output in Europe, they quote Brake Horsepower. They also test their power plants extensively on an engine dyno outside the car, which you are not doing I believe.

In the mean time, you are testing and adding what YOU think the drivetrain loss is to create your own guess to flywheel hp. You have no exact way of knowing what the loss of the DCT and the differential are without testing the motor inside and out of the car. Till you have, quote your wheel horsepower numbers to your fellow brothers because that is what is scientific and objective. If you don't care about the truth, then this whole post is a waste of time.
      06-23-2014, 10:04 AM   #65
M-bitious
Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

This thread is about a nice video with a top speed run. I am intentionally not providing dyno sheets from two different brands, because this flaming is what these discussions always lead to. I posted one sheet with wheel horse power before deleting the front cats and installing a better exhaust. This is a dynojet sheet you have made no comment on
It is also safe to say the car would now make more than 660 RWHP on the same dynojet with the cats delete and the better exhaust. So now we are basing it on facts and a posted sheet. Ignore my honesty about the Maha dyno sheet.

So back on topic and let us enjoy the videos.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2014, 10:36 AM   #66
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by M-bitious View Post
This thread is about a nice video with a top speed run. I am intentionally not providing dyno sheets from two different brands, because this flaming is what these discussions always lead to. I posted one sheet with wheel horse power before deleting the front cats and installing a better exhaust. This is a dynojet sheet you have made no comment on
It is also safe to say the car would now make more than 660 RWHP on the same dynojet with the cats delete and the better exhaust. So now we are basing it on facts and a posted sheet. Ignore my honesty about the Maha dyno sheet.

So back on topic and let us enjoy the videos.
I have already commended you on your progress and the video. Thank you again for sharing but your title says 800bhp. I'm not flaming, but people come to this forum to inform themselves and your title is deceptive.
I just came back from the dyno after adding: 93 octane pump gas, catless downpipes, muffler delete, K&N drop in, air box mod, and a bump from 2.2psi to 3.5psi, and the number ONLY jumped 27HP not 90HP! AND, the more recent run was in 5th gear vs the old in 4th. I expected more. I got more on race gas but that's different a different story.
So "safe to say" is still guessing. I would have thought my car made more hp too!!!
Dyno-run-93 by Greg DC, on Flickr