M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #1
Hydrogen
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Prem/Sport

Need advice on CPO 2013 F10 528i

Cross-posting this here and the F10 General Forum as I need to make my decision tomorrow. Thanks

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post and I want to thank you in advance for your time and constructive and knowledgeable responses.

Attached is the CPO inspection and vehicle service history report for a vehicle I am considering purchasing. All personal and dealer identifiable information have been removed.

I have looked thoroughly at four different BMW dealers in the metro area and this is the best CPO I have been able to find so far.

It's a 2013 F10 528i in Carbon Black with Oyster interior with 39k miles. Premium, M Sport, Navigation. Nothing more really in terms of options or features.

Here are my concerns for an otherwise great condition vehicle:

1. There was an earthy odor coming from the A/C. I got the dealer to replace the micro filters and they said they were in bad shape and left the old ones in the trunk for me to inspect tomorrow when I return to see if the odor is gone.

2. There was some wear down of the leather on the driver's interior door pull, but the leather is intact. It may or may not wear down further over the 3 years I intend to keep the vehicle for. This isn't that big a concern.

3. My primary concern is a vibration from the brakes while applying them to come to a stop. It's minor, but it is there. I have tried to get the dealer to address the vibration, but they say they are unable to do so until the next owner takes title of the vehicle because this would be on their dime and they could not bill BMW NA for it.

The Condition Based Service (CBS) indicator states that there are 3,000 miles left for both the front and same for the rear, but the CPO inspection report states there are 9mm of pads remaining on the rear and 11mm remaining on the front. As I understand it from researching these forums, a new pad would have around 14mm of material. This would lead me to believe either most of the miles on this vehicle (39k) are highway or the driver drove lightly. That or the amount of material remaining per the CPO inspection is
'misleading.'

They are flatly reluctant to do anything more to the car stating that I am at rock bottom in terms of price - $30,495 is where we are at.

My question is: How, if at all would this be addressed by BMW NA with respect to the maintenance program or the factory warranty - both of which have 13 months remaining? My service adviser (at another BMW store) suggests that I not take delivery of this vehicle unless the selling dealer takes care of the braking vibration because it may not be covered under the maintenance program because even though the condition based service states 3k miles, there is still far more than that in terms of brake pad remaining and the vehicle has only 10.5k of maintenance and factory warranty remaining (before CPO takes over).

Please advise on how you would proceed and thank you for your input.

-Darius

PS - the CPO inspection states there was only 1 master key (with no comments of ordering a new one) but my client adviser claims that "all CPOs come with two keys." So that remains to be seen...
Attached Images
File Type: pdf CPOInspection.pdf (1.15 MB, 343 views)
File Type: pdf SvcHistory.pdf (479.9 KB, 647 views)
Appreciate 0