M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Wheels | Tires | Suspension | Brakes | Chassis

10-03-2014, 05:36 AM   #1
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Warranty in the UK - Problems!

So this has come as a massive surprise to me....

My BMW manufacturers warranty will expire in March 2015 so I have been doing some homework around what extended warranty to get after this as I will be holding on to the car for a while...

....And I thought I would do my homework now as I have quite a few mods planned and my local delearships have been giving me some mixed responses towards warranty...

So the extended warranty is obtained through a company called mondial..(I had no problems with minor mods such as exhaust with them when I had my extended warranty with Audi Rs4)

Called them up and they said with regards to BMW, if there were any mods at all that they called "performance enhancing" eg suspension or even a simple backbox they would void the warranty on the entire car!!...Not just for a related component failure but the entire car!! Very annoyed as this is not my understanding as to how warranty works but I spoke to a manager there as well who confirmed the same thing...

It seems as though they are getting very tight on warranty claims and hence it really does put a downer on what I have planned for the car ie I wont even be able to add a backbox as this is still performance enhancing in their eyes

Very annoyed but at the end of the day, its an expensive car that I plan to keep hold of for a few more years so I definately need to reassurance of warranty in place in case things start to get expensive
Appreciate 0