BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-03-2012, 03:18 AM   #1
mformonster123
Canada
Rep
Drives: Range Rover Sport, F10 M5

dealership service

hi i recently joined the bimmerpost community as i am planning on buying a f10 m5. i have been reading posts from the forums and it seems like everyone's friendly and gave really insightful opinions. so here's my question, it might seem kinda silly but i really want to know the answer. i am planning to order a brand new f10 M5 in Vancouver, Canada and have it delivered to Toronto as i am moving there in september. since i'll be living in Toronto, and will have to maintenance my car at a local Toronto dealership, will the dealership treat me the same as customers who actually bought cars from that particular dealership or will their service and attitude towards me be different because i did not buy my car from their dealership. so should i order it in vancouver or in toronto? (it would be easier for me to order it in vancouver since i dont have the time to fly there just to order a car and i'll be out of the country for 2-3 months so it would be ideal to order the car in vancouver and have it when i arrive in toronto in september)

Last edited by mformonster123; 06-04-2012 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

For general servicing -
the best dealer in Toronto is BMW Toronto. hands down. Second would be Endras BMW (but they are in Ajax). All others are not even on the same league.

There are dealers out there will definitely give you the attitude if you did not buy the car from them, namely if there are issues that you want them to check out and topping up oil, etc, they will simply decline your request outright.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Necromancer
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 M3 Sedan

When you bring in an M car, the service associates and techs get jazzed up. More than likely you will get the best out of them. They respect the car and your choice in automobile.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #4
AGS
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Competition

Service is an important part of a dealer's business. Very profitable work. The service department generally has its own manager, and it's his responsibility to make sure the department is profitable. If you don't feel like you're getting the best service, speak to the service manager. Tell him you will take your business elsewhere if things don't improve. Also tell him you'd like to rate them "5" when BMW makes their follow-up call, but you don't feel you received "5" level service. Anything below "5" is viewed as failure to many dealers.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 02:56 PM   #5
mformonster123
Canada
Rep

thx for the quick reply guys...i just dont want to order it in Vancouver and regret it later because of bad service
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5,X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by mformonster123 View Post
thx for the quick reply guys...i just dont want to order it in Vancouver and regret it later because of bad service
Just a thought, you could look into dealer stock in the Toronto area find one you like, put a deposit and pick it up when you move here. I think any dealer is going to provide good service if they don't, go to another dealer. I have dealt with Maranello BMW and they were good, it was for a X5M and we did not buy it there. Hope that helps.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 07:45 PM   #7
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

op, if you are thinking of buying the car here. Do not ever buy it from bmw autohaus. Absolutely the worst dealer in Ontario. If I may say. Other may have different opinion but I have horrible experience there recently.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 11:11 PM   #8
mformonster123
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM47 View Post
Just a thought, you could look into dealer stock in the Toronto area find one you like, put a deposit and pick it up when you move here. I think any dealer is going to provide good service if they don't, go to another dealer. I have dealt with Maranello BMW and they were good, it was for a X5M and we did not buy it there. Hope that helps.
it would be difficult for me to find time to go to toronto just to look at a car but i'll try to do that if i can because it seems like the best solution in my situation
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2012, 11:15 PM   #9
mformonster123
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
op, if you are thinking of buying the car here. Do not ever buy it from bmw autohaus. Absolutely the worst dealer in Ontario. If I may say. Other may have different opinion but I have horrible experience there recently.
really? i remember seeing some positive comments about autohaus but i guess everyone has different experiences. what do you think its the best dealer in toronto?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #10
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Just based on current shopping experience for a M5 in the GTA:

BMW Toronto - willing to negotiate for discount - willing to match or better any quotes you get (Excellent service - treat you very professionally)

Endras - Not a penny off and low ball offer on my trade in. Reason given by sales mgr: It's an M car - no discount whatsoever (Service wise they are competent)

Town & Country - willing to negotiate for discount - sales I am dealing with now indicated everyone who asked for a discount got one

Autohaus - Not a penny off and really low ball me on trade in and pretend they are doing me a huge favor by offering that kind of trade in $.

Parkview - did not even get past the sales guy to talk about the car - as he was a total ass right from the get-go.

Bottom line is if you are going to get it from Toronto area dealers and want a discount on the M5, be prepared to visit a bunch of dealers to see who are willing to do a deal. If you don't care about discount at all and just want to get one regardless, then any dealers would do.

Right now, Town & Country & BMW Toronto are my preferred dealers I am working with. For TC, my sales guy is Sean Chaudhry - very friendly sales - 905-477-2212

BMW Toronto - I am dealing with Angelo Montoni, new car sales manager

Quote:
really? i remember seeing some positive comments about autohaus but i guess everyone has different experiences. what do you think its the best dealer in toronto?

Last edited by bobblehead; 06-05-2012 at 05:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 05:39 AM   #11
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5,X5M

I have heard good feedback about Town and Country although never dealt with them. A member here BMW0412 got his M5 from them with a discount and told me he was very happy.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Not sure what forums gave you the impression Autohaus has a good rating ?

I see in the E90post that a large majority say the dealer is less than ideal to work with.

Quote:
Appreciate 0