M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

Closed Thread

08-21-2012, 10:50 AM   #89
Trips
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jeep srt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhsam View Post
If your issue is that you have to wait for a $100K car its a good problem to have. Most people have bigger problems than this. I got 99 problems but the "wait" isnt one.
agreed.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 10:54 AM   #90
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

You are completely missing the point and trying to make it personal. It's none of your business to tell me cancel the order. All I am saying is BMWNA has kept the US delivery in darkness and provided misleading information. Good for you if you have other Problem then to wait. ED delivery and redelivery are two different things.........and in that case there is no set day when you'll get your car back.

All I am saying this whole US delivery turned out to be a bitter experience. I don't need any advice what I should do with my order, but it's just a bad way to do business.

Shame BMWNA !

Quote:
ASAP = As Soon As Possible. Obviously it hasn't reach the point of "possible". When that date comes is anyone's guess at this point. Lack of information makes the wait even longer. As previous people have pointed out if you are so upset and are not willing to work on BMW's Timeline, whatever that may be, then cancel your order.

As far as being a ED customer and knowing I will have a pickup date of 9/1, yes I have a confirmed pickup date in Munich, not the US. The car still has to be shipped back to the US from Munich. My CA did not tell me the car will be here by this week if you drop if off on this date. He said it will be here ASAP once you drop the car off. That could take four weeks, it could take six. The difference is that he hasnt committed to anything since its out of his control.

If your issue is that you have to wait for a $100K car its a good problem to have. Most people have bigger problems than this. I got 99 problems but the "wait" isnt one.
      08-21-2012, 11:03 AM   #91
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

So I was slightly wrong about my previous post.

Here are the facts though. As stated by BMW back in May this year. Open the brochure I have included in this post. At the bottom is the answer. All it says is:

"M5 production starts in July, and the M5 is planned to go on sale in late August."

That's it. So my question to all of you complaining is:

Is it "late August" yet? I would define 'late August" as next week starting on Monday August 27th. They will release the cars next week, that's all there is to it.

My point is the same though. At no time has BMW put out any other information about releasing prior to "late August." They haven't misled anybody.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf F10 M5 brochure[1].pdf (675.7 KB, 502 views)

Last edited by RPiM5; 08-21-2012 at 11:16 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #92
cmhsam
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 F90 M5

[QUOTE=RPiM5][QUOTE=journeyguy;12542133] BMW has provided misleading information.
Quote:

Dude, what misleading information have they provided?

They stated in May 2012 that a 2013 F10 M5 would be released in the United States on September 1st 2012. They haven't changed that this whole summer. How is that misleading?
+1. No where has BMW come out and said otherwise. If people are so unhappy about BMW handling this situation and their ways of doing business why would you support them by giving them $100k
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 11:32 AM   #93
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

If BMW was planning to let my $100K car sit exposed at the port for a 1-2 months, then I would have liked to know about this in advance. Some people may not have been happy about letting this happen, and they would have preferred to wait with the order to avoid this. Dealers selling July allocations didn't tell their customers that their cars would suffer this fate.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 11:43 AM   #94
journeyguy
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by visualguy View Post
If BMW was planning to let my $100K car sit exposed at the port for a 1-2 months, then I would have liked to know about this in advance. Some people may not have been happy about letting this happen, and they would have preferred to wait with the order to avoid this. Dealers selling July allocations didn't tell their customers that their cars would suffer this fate.
      08-21-2012, 11:59 AM   #95
wolfmobil
Private
Rep
Drives: Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyguy View Post
+1
+2
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #96
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
Unfortunately its not your car until you take delivery and sign the contract. You could decide not to take delivery of the car if it doesnt meet your visual inspection. BMW still owns the liability of the car as it sits on their balance sheet. So I would assume that BMW is letting their vehicles sit at the port.

I am not here to argue that this is right or wrong. All I am saying is that information was never released by BMW, not a dealer, that would lead me to believe that the car would be released prior to 9/1. If a dealer told you something that points a delivery/release prior to 9/1 then I would ask your dealer to produce the document/bulletin.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:13 PM   #97
kamichael
BMW M on my mind
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 22 M3, 23 M2, 24 X5 50e

Garage List
Everyone is getting upset and this is mounting their frustration. I think it is a simple point we are all missing. This has little to do with how long, but rather to do with just disclosing a date to begin with. They obviously have done this for ED, why not give a SPECIFIC date for the US deliveries? I am happy to wait, I assume BMWNA must have a release schedule planned already. Just let the loyal customers know - please and thank you.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:16 PM   #98
visualguy
Captain
Rep
Drives: M5

cmhsam,

No information was provided about "release date" or expected delays at the port. The natural assumption of customers was that the cars would be processed in a normal fashion - that is, released from the port within a reasonable time of arrival there, not 1-2 months.

If there was indeed a 9/1 release date, then they should have told customers, which they didn't.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #99
jmoto
Rep
Drives: 2013 Singapore Grey M5

Does the car sit at port uncovered after going through the VPC? I heard some mention that it is wrapped up with something. Does anyone know for sure?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:22 PM   #100
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Quote:
cmhsam,

No information was provided about "release date" or expected delays at the port. The natural assumption of customers was that the cars would be processed in a normal fashion - that is, released from the port within a reasonable time of arrival there, not 1-2 months.

If there was indeed a 9/1 release date, then they should have told customers, which they didn't.
I believe there was a document floating around the web that highlighted this 9/1 launch date for 2013 F10 M5 US Customers. I will see if I can find the document.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:26 PM   #101
Niko1414
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 720S, s550, S7, 997GT3RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamichael
Everyone is getting upset and this is mounting their frustration. I think it is a simple point we are all missing. This has little to do with how long, but rather to do with just disclosing a date to begin with. They obviously have done this for ED, why not give a SPECIFIC date for the US deliveries? I am happy to wait, I assume BMWNA must have a release schedule planned already. Just let the loyal customers know - please and thank you.
Well said.

BMW has failed to set clear and proper expectations for its customers about the new m5. In the business world I like to set clear and fair expectations, then I try like hell to exceed those expectations. which translates to a very happy customer.
Also if I can't meet expectations which are outside my control, I communicate, over communicate and communicate some more.

I won't forget this and when I plan to replace one of my other cars it won't be a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:52 PM   #102
ucla95
Striker
Rep
Drives: Slow cars

Quote:
If your issue is that you have to wait for a $100K car its a good problem to have. Most people have bigger problems than this.
+2
http://portalseven.com/employment/un...nt_rate_u6.jsp
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 12:58 PM   #103
Trips
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: jeep srt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko1414 View Post
Well said.

BMW has failed to set clear and proper expectations for its customers about the new m5. In the business world I like to set clear and fair expectations, then I try like hell to exceed those expectations. which translates to a very happy customer.
Also if I can't meet expectations which are outside my control, I communicate, over communicate and communicate some more.

I won't forget this and when I plan to replace one of my other cars it won't be a BMW.
but u are still buying the f10 m5 now, its the next time you are not going to buy a bmw

Last edited by Trips; 08-21-2012 at 01:05 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 01:05 PM   #104
M3JHWK
Nutter
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamichael
Bingo! It's not the wait but rather the lack of transparency regarding the delivery date. BMW NA reps have been feeding the info to the dealers that the delay was due to EPA/CARB certification. That has come and passed now. I think many of us would rather just know the truth, it's not rocket science.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 02:48 PM   #105
nv6425
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X7 Dark Shadow

Quote:
True words! Like I said before, I'm waiting patiently, it will be worth it!
      08-21-2012, 03:02 PM   #106
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

Let's face it guys, at the end of the day BMW doesn't care about answering to any of us. This is a specialty vehicle, not massed produced, so we are the minority. They would still survive without any M models. It's a sad realization and once you accept this, any complaint seems futile.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 03:08 PM   #107
cmhsam
Major
Rep

Monroney hold is off the M5. It's now just the BMW hold
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2012, 03:23 PM   #108
Jason
Administrator
United_States