Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #111
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jump
Looking forward to the chicago skyline picture on Sunday. Keep me posted on your progress and ill text you my address.
Me too! I'll text u when I get close. I'll be there on Sunday.

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 01:39 AM   #112
Tylerstar
Captain
Rep
Drives: Straight Piped F10 M5, GTR

Cops just wanna see/hear your car.. LOL 4MPH REALLY? HAHA
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #113
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Just got to Omaha, Nebraska. Tomorrow I'll be leaving early for Chicago! Today I drove the entire Badlands National Park. I was there super early this morning and was essentially the only dude there, so I basically had the entire place to myself. The park itself was EPIC! I got so many beautiful shots with the M5. Also there was one random bicyclist there who actually gave me a thumbs up when I passed him with my M5. I was pleasantly surprised by this and decided to reward him with a couple of downshifts and WOT accelerations with the sound of the exhaust reverberating off the canyon walls of the badlands. "Glorious" won't even describe how it sounded. It was better! .

Here's a quick pic I took with the iPhone while I was at the park this morning.

Can't wait for Chicago tomorrow!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2013, 08:20 PM   #114
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Just washed and waxed my beast while on the road. Looking good after 3,700 miles in the past 7 days! I have a mobile detailing business in my trunk! Lol! Only a couple thousand miles to go.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #115
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Just got to Omaha, Nebraska. Tomorrow I'll be leaving early for Chicago! Today I drove the entire Badlands National Park. I was there super early this morning and was essentially the only dude there, so I basically had the entire place to myself. The park itself was EPIC! I got so many beautiful shots with the M5. Also there was one random bicyclist there who actually gave me a thumbs up when I passed him with my M5. I was pleasantly surprised by this and decided to reward him with a couple of downshifts and WOT accelerations with the sound of the exhaust reverberating off the canyon walls of the badlands. "Glorious" won't even describe how it sounded. It was better! .

Here's a quick pic I took with the iPhone while I was at the park this morning.

Can't wait for Chicago tomorrow!
Glad you did the Badlands! I told you the place was great
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #116
nynd
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7 M8 Convert

Sounds like an awesome road trip..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #117
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Awesome day today. Made it all the way to Chicago today. Met up with Post Member Jump and he showed me around town. We then met up with Sharpie12 and a few other M5 guys and had a great time at a sports bar watching the Bears game. Yay! Go sports! Lol! After the game we did a quick drive in all of the subterranean streets of Chicago. FREAKING EPIC with the exhausts from 3 F10 M5's at WOT! Chicago is A///MAZING!

Here's a quick shot of our M5's parked in front of the sports bar.

Off to Cincinnati tomorrow!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 06:01 AM   #118
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Now get used to the horns honking downtown. Navy pier is cool. Food there is great Lincolnshire area is nice.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 08:07 AM   #119
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Awesome Dave!
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:53 AM   #120
richard in NC
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

Are you hitting any roads in the VA/NC mountains?
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #121
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Made it to Cincinnati today. Nothing too crazy today besides the fact that I got Lasered for the first time this entire trip and my Laser Jammer totally payed off!!! Woohoo!

Yeah it was beautiful. I passed by the cop and watched him look at his Laser Gun completely confused. Haha!

Tomorrow is my last stop, my folks house in North Carolina.

Here's a quick picture of the best gas I bought during this entire trip!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-24-2013, 07:45 AM   #122
nynd
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7 M8 Convert

Nice bonding experience between man and car (sorry, not just a car.... M5)!
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 07:19 AM   #123
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Made it to my Folks house in North Carolina yesterday. Completely exhausted. 11 days, 10 nights, 14 states, and a grand total of 5,210 miles! My M5 and I have now become bonded for life. Haha!

Seriously though. The car held up great. Nothing crazy besides new rock chips and wear and tear to the paint on the exterior. I did lose 2 of my special Nurburgring Valve Stem Caps somewhere in Oregon though, so that sucked. Otherwise, I had to fill my engine twice this trip with oil. Once on the first day, the second on the last day. My tires held up great. I put a brand new set on just before the trip and had maybe a 1,000 miles on the new tires when I set off.

Today I'm planning in Claybar'ing, polishing and washing my M5 for a complete detail job at my parents house.

I'll be heading up to DC this Sunday so a little bit more adventure to come.

Oh yeah and I currently have exactly 25,210 miles total on my a my M5 now. I think it may be the highest in the country! Lol! When I get settled in DC, I am planning on getting an engine oil change, rear brake pads changed, transmission fluid changed, and a wheel alignment done.

Next month, I'll be doing the full write up on the entire trip. I took over 1,200 pix with my Nikon and some shots are just unbelievable.

One last thing. Many thanks to boards members who have helped me with this transition and with my trip. It was awesome meeting some people in real life. After doing this trip all I can say is that I hope others will follow in my footsteps and take the journey. I drive on some of the most amazing roads that America has to offer. Additionally, this trip really made me realize how much I love my country and in some ways how much I hate it too. Lol!

Well, just look for my new thread on the write up next month. It's going to be a long one.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 07:25 AM   #124
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Also, one last thing.

I've now got exactly 12,001.8 miles on my catless downpipes. I am pretty sure I am the only one in the world with an F10 that has been running catless downpipes for this long. I can say with certainty that they are great and I haven't had any serious problems running catless. I'll actually be selling my catless downpipes soon because RPi just finished producing their own RPi GT Catless Downpipes and I'll be installing those soon.

So I will be offering a good deal on my Custom Catless Downpipes in the near future as soon as I get them out. They are ceramic coated and they also have the O2 sensors positions in the same exact place as stock. They have been excellent. Thanks!

Appreciate 0
      09-25-2013, 07:32 AM   #125
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

I can't think of a better car to drive cross country in. Congrats on your journey.. think that 56.5 cents per mile from San Diego to DC will cover your gas ?
      10-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #126
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Finally got to Yellowstone National Park today. EPIC drive on the way in. I got some fantastic shots with the Nikon. Also, had a close run in with an Idaho State Trooper. He caught up to me from behind in an unmarked police car. Luckily I saw him coming from a mile away. He rode my ass for a few miles and was just looking for a reason to pull me over but I set my cruise control to the speed limit. I LOL'd when he finally gave up. Also Montana State Trooper police cars look badass. They use these Soop'd Up Chargers.

Here's a quick iPhone pic of the subset in Montana tonight. Also Yellowstone is amazing!
Quote:
Everybody, thanks for the well wishes.

I made it to South Dakota yesterday. The whole drive so far I've driven about 2,800 miles since Saturday. I've driven through 6 states before I got to South Dakota and pretty much the whole time I have seen only a very few state troopers. Here's the break down exactly:

California: 3 CHP's
Oregon: Zero
Washington State: 4
Idaho: 1
Montana: 2
Wyoming: 2

I keep a tally on my iPhone every time I see one and I even take pictures of the state trooper cars that I see for recognition purposes.

Where do I think South Dakota stands?

South Dakota: 10!!!

And I haven't even left Rapid City yet! I'm leaving tomorrow and I have to drive through the whole state tomorrow. I was only about 30 miles into South Dakota and I got pulled over by a SD State Trooper. I got him on radar just in time but was still a little over the speed limit when he clocked me. He had an extremely good hiding place, which was directly behind a construction sign coming off of a construction zone. The speed limit was 55mph and he was clocking people just after a turn to which you simply could not see him in time especially because it was just after sunset and dark outside. Anyways, when I asked how fast I was going he said I was 4mph over. I set my cruise control to 60mph which we all know is actually 57mph on our BMW's. he ended up only giving me a warning once he found out I was military. Also surprising was how young the trooper was. I was clearly older than him, he couldn't have been more than late 20's. I thought that was a bit funny. What was not funny was that he almost gave me a ticket for no front plate. I told him my car was registered in Cali, but it didn't matter. Apparently out of state police can still enforce the laws of other states. Lame!!! I didn't care. Still not putting on my front plate though! Lol!

Anyways, South Dakota is ridiculous. Might be a challenging drive tomorrow. But I still had fun in Yellowstone yesterday and at Mt Rushmore today. I had a close run in with a Buffalo yesterday at Yellowstone too! Lol!

Oh also I'd like to say again that I will be doing a write up of the whole trip next month. I have to share some of the sickest roads I have ever driven with you all!

Dude!!! Did you see a Silverstone E90 M3 on Yellowstone's Grand Loop on 9/19?!

If so...un-fucking-believable, that was me doing the reverse roadtrip!

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894582

http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896632
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #127
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Seriously Dave, this has to be the best thread ever. I felt like I was riding with you!

Thank you!

P.S. If you can make it down the east coast some day to GA you'll have to join us at Caffeine & Octane! You'd fit right in!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #128
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Mdosu, EPIC!!!

I PM'd you brotha.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 08:39 PM   #129
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList
Seriously Dave, this has to be the best thread ever. I felt like I was riding with you!

Thank you!

P.S. If you can make it down the east coast some day to GA you'll have to join us at Caffeine & Octane! You'd fit right in!
Thanks man. The trip was definitely one for the history books. I still have all my pictures on my Nikon I haven't uploaded yet because I'm waiting for my computers to get to my new condo from the movers. I can't wait to do the big write up.

Also, I may a trip down to GA one day too.

Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 08:42 PM   #130
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Thanks man. The trip was definitely one for the history books. I still have all my pictures on my Nikon I haven't uploaded yet because I'm waiting for my computers to get to my new condo from the movers. I can't wait to do the big write up.

Also, I may a trip down to GA one day too.
Looking forward to seeing them. This was utterly amazing! Making me want to road trip myself now.

Ht me up when you plan a trip down for sure (before I decide to move out west).
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 08:53 PM   #131
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Mdosu, EPIC!!!

I PM'd you brotha.
what are the chances?! wow. My trip:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=894582
Attached Images

Last edited by mdosu; 10-02-2013 at 09:19 PM..
Appreciate 0