M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-13-2012, 06:31 PM   #67
blutattoo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Cars I'm driving this weekend courtesy of exotic racing in Vegas

Mercedes SLS 63
Ferrari 458 Italia
Porsche 997 Turbo S

Yee Haw! I'm taking my go pro so I'll try and post videos when I get home next week.

Before I bought my 1 I drove quite a few cars.

2012 Camaro SS with optional RS PKG

Heavy, yes. Cheap looking interior, yes. Terrible visibility, yes. Expensive, yes.

All that said it was fun to drive. More planted and solid feeling than the Mustang. Great sounding exhaust and the available Hurst shifter was really good. It helped the salesman told me to get on it, hehe.

2012 Mustang 5.0

Quick, yes. Cheap Interior, yes. Great sounding, yes. Fun to drive, well not really.

The salesman's mistake was to have me drive over broken pavement and then tell me to get on it. Not a Mustang forte for sure, it danced around and felt disconnected from the road. Driving the Mustang was odd and something never felt right. I went to drive a Boss 302, but they wouldn't let me drive it so I'll never know what the difference is. Plus the Mustang seats suck.

2005 BMW M3 vert. and 2008 M3 vert

Hated the SMG, loved everything else. Reason I didn't buy either, wife wanted warranty. In retrospect probably a good choice since I am an enthusiastic driver and the likelihood of me breaking something is pretty good.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2012, 10:31 PM   #68
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 535i

Today, I test drove two cars:

Mustang V6 Premium coupe: This car had decent power, the seats were okay, the handling wasn't so great. The live rear axle is what everyone says it is--it makes the car feel like a cruiser and not so much a sports car. The car kind of felt like a Cadillac CTS I had driven earlier. The 04 GS 300 I drive feels sportier than this car in terms of how it can handle in an emergency situation.

2013 Mercedes E 350- The seats were horrible in the sport edition. The side bolsters do not adjust but I applaud Mercedes for trying to make this car a sport sedan as it gets very close to this category in terms of performance. The power was there but not all the way there like the 335i coupe I used to have. The handling was secure and did not feel artificial. In some ways, I think the car was trying to be a big, floaty 335i.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 10:35 AM   #69
krnnerdboy
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: v10 m6

This year I had the pleasure of owning a boss 302, m6 and a z06. I was able to get track time on 2 this year as well...

M6...
I figured with just a 200lb weight penalty over an m3 but a 100hp advantage it would be an m3 killer, but alas the overall design of the car being a gt cruiser killed the performance on the track. The major downfall was the under steer and the bus size steering wheel. The power train was amazing once in its power band and the smg felt in its elements when doing full throttle shifts. It literally felt like every gear had the same amount of thrust as the last up to my tested 170mph. The interior was nice,especially with my extended leather package but felt aged in comparison to an e92 interior. The rear seats are smaller than an e92 as well! Ultimately I enjoyed the ride but was underwhelmed by the track performance and track oriented mods. And I never did get over that catfish looking frontend...

Boss 302...
I loved everything about this car except the jittery rear end on bumpy roads. Contrary to what many think, the 5.0 in the boss is completely different from a gt. the top end is designed to rev to 9k, the internals are all forged, and the stock block has proven to make 1k whp w just a blower! The power band is a perfect blend of torque and high end power. It revs effortlessly to its 7500 rpm redline. The handling limits on this is very progressive which makes it easy to drive and get great times. This is one of the most neutrally balanced cars I've ever driven. No hint of understeer or oversteer, whether on an embankment, off camber or neutral turn. The steering had enough feedback even though its not hydraulic. But I'm guessing most of you guys are wondering how it compares with the m3 on the track...

Luckily, thanks to mthrice, I was able to drive the boss and e92 m3 back to back at streets of willow. The boss has the better power train hands down! But the m3 makes up for it with its razor sharp steering and controlled body motions ultimately giving it a lot more confidence, where the boss takes a bit of blind faith that it will stay on track.

Z06...
I honestly haven't had the car long But i can definitely agree with others reviews regarding the interior. Here's the best paraphrase to sum it up "if I had a leather jacket that was made of the same leather on the vette seats, I would be embarrassed to donate it to goodwill" lol! But this car isn't about the interior or its refinement but rather its raw performance. Once your situated in the car, the view is good and the car feels extremely wide. Surprisingly the car is free of squeaks, relative to the targa c6. The power is relentless, but the m6 feels like it would give it a good run on the highway, although the results were different( I pulled 5 cars on my m6 on the highway in one gear!). I've only driven this thing in the canyon once and the car in a word was amazing! The size instantly shrinks and the long accelerator pedal is perfectly proportioned to throttle response. I'll report back once I get some track time on this car this weekend at Laguna seca!

F80 m3, 997 gt3, 14 ram ctd, f15 x5, drz400sm

Gone:z4m, boss 302, c6 z06, m6,z3m
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 01:17 PM   #70
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

2008 M3

interior is the usual BMW quality and finish, good visibility and driving position, engine is silkly smooth and sounds so good, no need for a stereo, not the torquiest of engines, didn't feel all much quicker than my coupe at low revs, but as revs rose it pulled very strong, precise handling and feel, didn't feel all that much bigger than my coupe despite outweighing it by at least 400lbs, typical precise and engaging bmw transmission, made me wish even more that they had put the M3 v8 in the Mcoupe, I would have been ALL over that car.

2010 Lotus Evora
definite curb appeal, turned more heads than any car I've ever driven, interior is no BMW interior, good outward front visibility, engine is smooth, not all that quick, didn't feel that much quicker than my coupe, engine sound not all that inspiring, shift/clutch action not all that great, long throws, handling is superb, precise, great feel, high overall limits. The truest sports car I ever driven. If it was a little more practical (very low, no rear visibility), I may have been more tempted.

2010 Aston Martin Vantage V8:
Best looking car I've driven, not as much of a head turner as the evora since its less extreme, but just beautiful. Interior is top quality and looks very nice. Engine is silkly smooth and sounds INCREDIBLE, but not all that powerful, not torquey, comes more alive with revs. Transmission and clutch work well. Visibility and driving position not all that great, feels kinda like sitting in bathtub. Handling limits are good, but it def feels like a big car. I walked away feeling like it wasn't as much "fun" as my coupe. Not a true sports car, more of a GT.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #71
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8

I had always wanted to drive an audi r8 - dream car. Coming from a fully modded supercharged e92 M3 I was hesitent becase I've always heard recviews saying the v8 r8 is underpowered yada yada.. So i test drove one. Gotta say "what the hell are they talking about!?!". Maybe underpowered for a supercar? Regardless it was fast. To say the least, i fell in love. Engaging, quick as hell off the line (thanks awd), planted, sounds incredible, beautiful design. Immediately parted out the M3 and sold it. Finally found the r8 i wanted and purchased 2 weeks ago. Shipped from FL last week, it will be here on Saturday . Thank you test drive lol
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2013, 12:18 AM   #72
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giggs View Post
I had always wanted to drive an audi r8 - dream car. Coming from a fully modded supercharged e92 M3 I was hesitent becase I've always heard recviews saying the v8 r8 is underpowered yada yada.. So i test drove one. Gotta say "what the hell are they talking about!?!". Maybe underpowered for a supercar? Regardless it was fast. To say the least, i fell in love. Engaging, quick as hell off the line (thanks awd), planted, sounds incredible, beautiful design. Immediately parted out the M3 and sold it. Finally found the r8 i wanted and purchased 2 weeks ago. Shipped from FL last week, it will be here on Saturday . Thank you test drive lol
Congrats! Be sure to post pics!
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #73
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask
Quote:
Congrats! Be sure to post pics!
Here she is..

http://youtu.be/hZnzyFe8w50
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 02:15 PM   #74
fireline43
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Mercedes C250

2013 Passat se- great roomy car. Handling was surprising for its size. Seats are horrid. I've read v6 model is actually pretty quick.

2013 Audi a4 base- the Passat seemed to handle better. Interior was nicer then Passat, comfy seats.

2013 vw tiguan- wife's car. I love it( I think im a vw fanboy even though I never owned one. Handles good, comfy, lots of utility but still have a car feel. Quick enough for every day driving. Only down fall is fwd, but the last time i lost traction on a turn was in high school anyway. who takes turns that fast on normal roads? Smashing a pedestrian no thanks in my book.

2012 Buick gs- wins, waiting on the 2014 model to see changes
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2013, 07:12 PM   #75
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minigearhead View Post
here you go
looks SWEET btw is that matte white with silver sideblades?
Ibis white with silver sideblades. Looks even better in person
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #76
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep

I wonder what people's impressions are of the 2013 Lexus GS 350 and 2013 Mercedes E 350.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #77
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmoney2K4 View Post
I wonder what people's impressions are of the 2013 Lexus GS 350 and 2013 Mercedes E 350.
both look better in person than pix. i like the Lexus F-sport line for the GS350.

But i would get the e350 over gs350 since the ride on the lexus is so damn yawn!!!!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #78
Raja Ventureshield
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 coupe

Quote:
Ibis white with silver sideblades. Looks even better in person
post some pix on here man. i am now looking at a brand new one instead.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2013, 03:06 PM   #79
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
post some pix on here man. i am now looking at a brand new one instead.
I embedded a video above in the thread - better than pics! Personally I wouldn't buy new, too much depreciation. You may as well throw away money. That my $.02
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 01:35 AM   #80
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep

What other cars have you guys recently driven that you want to write about?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 09:09 AM   #81
F1Venom
Banned
Rep
Drives: ZCP E90 M3

I test drove a 991 Porsche GT3 in a dream I had tonight. And it was really awesome! The acceleration was super-car territory and it handled like a dream. Apparently the PDK was my favorite part of the car as the shifts were so fast and smooth in my dream... I think I drove it in some Euro country though, but it might've been a Euro and US mix, I don't know. I think I walked some polar bear/dog mix too, lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2013, 05:42 PM   #82
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

2011 Nismo 370Z- Holy speed. Holy sound. Holy uncomfortable ride. Cheap interior, sits REALLY low, feels like your ass is on the ground. Too much road noise as well. The engine noise inside is perfect however.

2013 SS Camaro- Can't see a damn thing behind me. There's like 20 blind spots. It's got power, but taking a corner at anything above 20mph feels extremely uncomfortable.

2013 Mustang GT- Beautiful sound, very fast in a straight line. Steering felt kind of loose to me...(I think I'm the only one who has felt that, however)

2009 Cayman PDK - GODDAMN. I would have picked that baby had it not been for the lack of warranty and high maintenance associated with Porsches. Lacks power in a straight line, but it would whoop all the aforementioned cars on a track.

These are the only cars I've ever test driven as this was my first buying experience.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2013, 09:39 PM   #83
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep

Just checking in to see if any more of you have a review for us. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 01:40 AM   #84
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep

anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 04:13 PM   #85
E85BMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 M Roadster

2003 BMW E85 Z4 SMG
Didn't like the SMG transmission, to be honest. I loved the car though, haha

2008 BMW E85 Z4///M
I loved everything about the car.

2011 BMW E89 Z4
Umm, kind of a love/hate feeling when I drove this car. I liked the styling of the car, but the drive itself seemed pretty dissapointing.

2009 BMW E90 335i
Pretty nice, very responsive

2008 BMW E92 ///M3
I absolutely loved this car. Responsive, easy to drive, and very fun

2013 FB Honda Civic Si
Pretty fun, to be honest. Responsive, and VTEC sounded pretty nice and was noticeable

2012 Fiat 500
It was okay. Had quite a bit of interior space for such a small car

1970 VW Beetle
One of the most fun cars that I've ever driven. I wish I bought the car when I had the chance

2013 VW Beetle
It was an okay car. I drove the automatic since they didn't have manual at the time. Same as the Fiat, a lot of interior space.

2012 Shelby GT500
Loved it, to be honest. Broke through traction like it wasn't even there

Last edited by E85BMW; 10-01-2013 at 04:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-01-2013, 07:59 PM   #86
flipmeraz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 10 e92 m3

Ferrari F12

The car is amazing! It's seriously scary fast! The car completely changes when put into Race mode. It handles more like a 458 than 599. Doesn't feel big at all. Love this car!
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2013, 03:42 PM   #87
Bmoney2K4
Captain
Rep

I like this thread a lot that's why I always continue to ask people what cars they have recently driven and give us a reviews of these cars as some of us are not as fortunate to drive them.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #88
autotronic888
Registered
Rep
Drives: bentley

bmw 328, not fast enough lol
Appreciate 0