http://ind-distribution.com/ind/cate...reflectors-908
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 12:48 AM   #46
bobodrink
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi, f10 520li, e46 330c

0-60

Which one feels faster? Seems like pretty equal on paper. Less weight less power vs more weight more power.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 12:50 AM   #47
mister2d
Captain
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobodrink View Post
Which one feels faster? Seems like pretty equal on paper. Less weight less power vs more weight more power.
I did like the traction from a standstill in the AMG. It felt like it was 4WD with all that grip. So, from 0-60 I would give it up for the Merc. Of course, it was no way for me to actually measure it.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 04:30 AM   #48
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW M5, X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Damn, nice camera work man. You make a Pre-LCI M5 look like a 2016 model year M5!

On the AMG-C63S, what a beautiful car. So refined, makes a much better street and daily driver car with it's luxury and comfort over the M3. I love the separation between the M3, where as the M3 is more sporty, less comfort, and more track focused, but the AMG is more luxury, more comfort, and although a bit heavier than the M3, still manages to overcome the M3 on the track.

I also had the pleasure to ride in an open top 1960's Roush Mustang Cobra kit car with 620hp during a car rally here in SoCal back in March. At one point during the rally we were on a long open straight mountain road where there was much opportunity to pass even though it was a single lane road. My friend driving the Roush powered Cobra decided to slow down in order to do a near top speed run, but in so doing and as it happened, there was both an F80 M3 and an AMG C63-S behind us that decided to exploit the opportunity to pass us on the left. Ultimately my friend gunned the Cobra just as the F80 and C63-S were right next to us, but my friend slowed down in order to let them get in front out of good will. However, in so doing, and being that we were in an open top car, I had a perfect opportunity to hear both the F80 M3 and the C63-S in all their wide open throttle glory. The F80 M3 had the M Performance Exhaust on it and the C63-S had an exhaust on it that was aftermarket and of unknown origin. In summation, I could barely hear the F80 M3 at all, despite it being directy in front of us and me being in a car without a roof where I could hear everything. The C63-S on the other hand sounded absolutely glorious and fantastic. The downshifts from that AMG Twin Turbo V8 were truly awesome. Anyways, that's my story for today. AMG wins.
FYI, In AutoBild's test, C63-S was faster than M4, M3, and M5 Jahre on the Sachsenring track.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 04:53 AM   #49
SteveC
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5

Funny thing, taste

I realise this is an entirely personal thing but I could never own a car with quilted seats. In terms of upholstery, I put it in the same category as button-back.....You see quilted quite a bit in upmarket British cars like Bentley for example......its just not my 'cup of tea'. The balance of the interior is absolutely kick-ass, so like I said its down to personal taste.....no criticism intended
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #50
bobodrink
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: e92 328xi, f10 520li, e46 330c

Quote:
Originally Posted by mister2d View Post
I did like the traction from a standstill in the AMG. It felt like it was 4WD with all that grip. So, from 0-60 I would give it up for the Merc. Of course, it was no way for me to actually measure it.
Thanks for the info. The c63s def improved in the corners for the W205. What is your own verdict overall which is faster tho if not just looking at 0-60? I am looking into both as well and wonder which is really faster on the street. Seems like the m5 will wheelspin more?
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 11:37 AM   #51
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobodrink
Quote:
Thanks for the info. The c63s def improved in the corners for the W205. What is your own verdict overall which is faster tho if not just looking at 0-60? I am looking into both as well and wonder which is really faster on the street. Seems like the m5 will wheelspin more?
I think in a rolling start the M5 will win.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 10:15 AM   #52
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
I realise this is an entirely personal thing but I could never own a car with quilted seats. In terms of upholstery, I put it in the same category as button-back.....You see quilted quite a bit in upmarket British cars like Bentley for example......its just not my 'cup of tea'. The balance of the interior is absolutely kick-ass, so like I said its down to personal taste.....no criticism intended
It's interesting you say that. Diamond quilted leather is generally considered a more sporty look. With Bentley it is not standard - it is part of the Mulliner Driving Configuration which is a bit like a M-Sport Appearance package. On Mercedes and Audi it is mainly seen on AMG and RS models.

From a practical standpoint it reduces creasing in the leather which is a good thing.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 01:25 PM   #53
PeteM6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
Sounds like you liked the C63 better. Why'd you change?

I was planning on a C63 as my next car, but then I got a lease quote.

$1500 per month on a C63 with an $80K sticker vs. $1200 per month on an M5 with $110K sticker. Plus the C class is a little small for my needs.
It's funny you mentioned this because before I leased my current M5 I visited a MB dealership and was quoted 1400 a month for a 78k C63S. I was already quoted 1250 a month from BMW on the M5. I told the MB sales guy to at least match the 1250 and he laughed at me. He stated BMW was going under. LOL
Appreciate 1
      05-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #54
Rams01
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2020 F90 M5C

Was doing some googling to help me decide on the M3 C63s or F10 M5 and ended up here. Quality thread full of detailed posts that saved me quite a bit of time on other forums and google lol!

Thanks for the info everyone. I have never leased a car before but now this thread has me thoroughly contemplating it. I don't really like the idea of picking up one of these cars after someone else has beaten on it for 20-30k miles leaving me with a small window of warranty left and a potential problem car.

I'm torn between the raw sound of the C63S and the M5 personally. But I do enjoy the straight line speed of the M5 and do plan on shooting for 650-700rw or so.. I think the M5 might be a better platform for what I want out of the car ultimately.

So much to consider.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2016, 04:56 PM   #55
mister2d
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams01 View Post
Was doing some googling to help me decide on the M3 C63s or F10 M5 and ended up here. Quality thread full of detailed posts that saved me quite a bit of time on other forums and google lol!

Thanks for the info everyone. I have never leased a car before but now this thread has me thoroughly contemplating it. I don't really like the idea of picking up one of these cars after someone else has beaten on it for 20-30k miles leaving me with a small window of warranty left and a potential problem car.

I'm torn between the raw sound of the C63S and the M5 personally. But I do enjoy the straight line speed of the M5 and do plan on shooting for 650-700rw or so.. I think the M5 might be a better platform for what I want out of the car ultimately.

So much to consider.
It's going to be a tough choice. One thing I forgot to mention is that the rear seating area has more legroom in the AMG C63s than the M5. This is due to the thin, but VERY comfortable quilted racing seats. They are firm enough for spirited driving with adjustable side bolsters. A+ on the seats.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 08:14 AM   #56
frisky
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 ///M5 Individual

Wow. Two gorgeous cars! Love your new M5!

f.
2016 ///M5 Individual | Frozen Cashmere Silver Metallic | Amaro Brown Full Leather w/ Custom Special Order White Contrast Stitching | Piano Black Trim | Custom Headliner | Competition Package w/ 601M wheels | Executive Package | Drivers Assistance Package | Bang & Olufsen |
European Delivery: October 10 2015 [Pictures here]
@friskygeek
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2016, 09:42 AM   #57
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rams01 View Post

So much to consider.
Wait a year and get the 600hp+ 2018 E63S. Best of both worlds.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 02:10 PM   #58
URG8RB8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB M2 6MT, 2015 AMG C63S

On a somewhat related note, I just took delivery of a brand new (on showroom floor) 2015 C63S Edition 1 on Saturday. By Monday, the car stalled on me, three times, in traffic. It's at the dealer, and I am now in discussion with Mercedes to have it returned to the dealer. This is my first (and last) Mercedes. Assuming the buyout goes through, which is not a foregone conclusion, I will be purchasing a Sakhir Orange 2015 CP M5. Funny how this works, huh?
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2016, 02:36 PM   #59
mister2d
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by URG8RB8 View Post
On a somewhat related note, I just took delivery of a brand new (on showroom floor) 2015 C63S Edition 1 on Saturday. By Monday, the car stalled on me, three times, in traffic. It's at the dealer, and I am now in discussion with Mercedes to have it returned to the dealer. This is my first (and last) Mercedes. Assuming the buyout goes through, which is not a foregone conclusion, I will be purchasing a Sakhir Orange 2015 CP M5. Funny how this works, huh?
What are the odds?

That actually happened to mine on two separate occasions. MB kept it the second time for almost a month to replace an ignition coil that wasn't made yet since the car was too new. Yes I was furious but it eventually got sorted out.

I'm a little happier with the F10. The only thing that I don't like is the iPod/iPhone integration and Nav on the BMW. It doesn't perform as well as the C63. Album art routinely gets stuck on one track, and I have to unplug/replug the device. For the Nav, iDrive doesn't allow custom POIs and routes from a USB stick like my C63 did (or the ability to record routes). Also, the voice recognition was better and faster on the Merc.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2016, 03:56 PM   #60
URG8RB8
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
What are the odds?

That actually happened to mine on two separate occasions. MB kept it the second time for almost a month to replace an ignition coil that wasn't made yet since the car was too new. Yes I was furious but it eventually got sorted out.
Kinda sounds like I'm doing the right thing, by trying to unload this turd. I've owned my 2010 M3 for 6 years now. Loved that car. Sold it to take a chance on my first Mercedes. Owned a CP F10 M5 for a while, and it didn't quite fit me. It drove a little too large for me. But the Silverstone interior was the killer for me.

There are things I like about the C63S (Edition 1 interior and exhaust note are the only that really come to mind), but the uncertainty of the car shutting down, with my kids in the car, is too risky. I'm really disappointed and angry at the whole situation.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 03:58 PM   #61
NightM
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Bmw

All you guys with all these Hitech stuffs while I enjoy my Baseline F10. Lol. Start the car no radio just pure raw sound or turbos and exhaust
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 06:11 PM   #62
Trakrzy
Waiting for the Point By
Canada
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by URG8RB8 View Post
That's disappointing. I hope they buy you out. I keep wanting to jump to AMG at some point in time but reading stories like yours keep me away.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #63
soooma
///MD
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 F90

Congrats
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 01:44 AM   #64
Phatcat
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakrzy View Post
That's disappointing. I hope they buy you out. I keep wanting to jump to AMG at some point in time but reading stories like yours keep me away.
I had my X5M stalled too, I am pretty sure it happens to all manufacturers.

But that AMG definitely got problems, if no buy out at least exchange for another one.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 09:16 AM   #65
Trakrzy
Waiting for the Point By
Canada
Rep
Drives: a few cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
I had my X5M stalled too, I am pretty sure it happens to all manufacturers.

But that AMG definitely got problems, if no buy out at least exchange for another one.
Oh I can definitely agree, I'm not saying that Mercedes is the only brand. I've had it happen once on my f-type although it was the stupid start/stop system that gets confused at times. Most high-end brand have their fair share of issues/problems.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 10:48 AM   #66
URG8RB8
Private First Class
Rep

They corrected the problem. I'll trust that this was a freak occurrence. If it happens again, though, the car is gone. Here's a picture of it. Really hope that the problem doesn't happen again. I really do like the car.

M3 is the car I sold to get the C63S Edition 1. X3 is my friend's. Volvo and the silly little thing tucked away in the garage are mine.
Appreciate 0