M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Coding

07-17-2017, 04:07 AM   #1
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Looking for German Spec M5 CAFD files

Does anyone here have a German M5 with LED adaptive headlights that could maybe send their CAFD files? I'm trying to make my headlights function to 'German specs'
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 01:11 AM   #2
BMWAUDIO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 Frozen Gray , 997 C4S

What is the german spec ?
whats the difference ?
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 03:26 AM   #3
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWAUDIO View Post
What is the german spec ?
whats the difference ?
The light distribution pattern
Appreciate 0
      07-18-2017, 09:52 PM   #4
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast400 View Post
Does anyone here have a German M5 with LED adaptive headlights that could maybe send their CAFD files? I'm trying to make my headlights function to 'German specs'
Are you referring to Selective Beam (Glare Free High Beam Assistant) or just Low Beam Variable Light Distribution?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 07:59 AM   #5
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
both
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2017, 08:17 AM   #6
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
both
US/CAN (type FV93) has GFHB blocked and it cannot be enabled via coding. VLD is simple VO coding with 8S4 removed.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 06:35 AM   #7
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemetier View Post
US/CAN (type FV93) has GFHB blocked and it cannot be enabled via coding. VLD is simple VO coding with 8S4 removed.
I already have HBA functioning fully. The European light has a distinct line of light versus a spread on the US spec. I'm pretty sure this can be coded, as the lights appear identical.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2017, 07:35 AM   #8
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I already have HBA functioning fully. The European light has a distinct line of light versus a spread on the US spec. I'm pretty sure this can be coded, as the lights appear identical.
Is the first similar to what you have (US F10 LED with GFHB coding *very extreme manual alignment to the outer stops is applied in that example) and the second what you want (ECE F10 GFHB)?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2017, 10:52 AM   #9
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Is the first similar to what you have (US F10 LED with GFHB coding *very extreme manual alignment to the outer stops is applied in that example) and the second what you want (ECE F10 GFHB)?

Exactly! I'm not sure which pattern I have (US spec) but I need the other
I was hoping to code the ECE F10 GFHB from someone who has a German Spec M
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 05:50 AM   #10
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Exactly! I'm not sure which pattern I have (US spec) but I need the other
I was hoping to code the ECE F10 GFHB from someone who has a German Spec M
Simple answer:

It's not possible on a US spec vehicle. The F10 LED use what is called a Dynamic Shadowing Matrix Passing Beam. The shadowed box is produced by micro-optic shutters which are imbedded into the smart-glass LED enclosure. These are controlled by the Programming (not encoding) of the TMS modules when the FRM sends a triggering signal.

There is no way to enable via coding. If you were to scan faults on your car, there will be a LIN Bus Fault for FRM Signal Implausible. This is because the CAN-3 line (the primary communication line for GFHB) is not on the OBD loop and the FRM doesn't recognize the function due to the FV93 type code included in the Long VIN.

So no you do not have HBA fully functioning after all. The sole difference between an ECE and SAE is a single werte value in the TMS modules. It includes the notation which I'm translating correctly (TMS Variant Value has no effect on operation. Functionality is administered by hard Programming of the TMS module. Byte values are to satisfy SREC format requirements ONLY!)
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 08:15 AM   #11
Fast400
Major
Germany
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Simple answer:

It's not possible on a US spec vehicle. The F10 LED use what is called a Dynamic Shadowing Matrix Passing Beam. The shadowed box is produced by micro-optic shutters which are imbedded into the smart-glass LED enclosure. These are controlled by the Programming (not encoding) of the TMS modules when the FRM sends a triggering signal.

There is no way to enable via coding. If you were to scan faults on your car, there will be a LIN Bus Fault for FRM Signal Implausible. This is because the CAN-3 line (the primary communication line for GFHB) is not on the OBD loop and the FRM doesn't recognize the function due to the FV93 type code included in the Long VIN.

So no you do not have HBA fully functioning after all. The sole difference between an ECE and SAE is a single werte value in the TMS modules. It includes the notation which I'm translating correctly (TMS Variant Value has no effect on operation. Functionality is administered by hard Programming of the TMS module. Byte values are to satisfy SREC format requirements ONLY!)
The HBA sure as heck seems like it's fully functional. It creates the 'box' for vehicles in front, moves the left headlight just as in the demo video for oncoming traffic. I haven't gotten any angry flashes coming toward me.
Is it supposed to do more than in the demo video?
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #12
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Simple answer:

The HBA sure as heck seems like it's fully functional. It creates the 'box' for vehicles in front, moves the left headlight just as in the demo video for oncoming traffic. I haven't gotten any angry flashes coming toward me.
Is it supposed to do more than in the demo video?
It seems like it but it isn't. The light/dark boundary isn't present (that's the "box") and it cannot be coded. Myself, along with many other talented individuals on here have attempted everything possible and it simply cannot be enabled correctly.

I highlighted the alignments and where the box should be (and showed it in the second image above). Notice how far out of alignment the low beam is and then with GFHB Active, there is only a trough with light spillage rather than a glare-free boundary (I activated these with ISTA functions). If I had not manually adjusted the lights so far out of range, the trough is only 18" wide at the distance I set for the tests.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-01-2017, 10:44 PM   #13
DaveCM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Sapphire Black

I went through all this as well. Like the other guy said it cannot be coded on F10.

Other models yes, but not F10. To put it simply, in the F10, and apparently only the F10, the computers that control the headlights look at the cars VIN and if it is a non-European car (or other country that allows HBA) then the computers do not allow that tunnel function to enable even if the CAFD file is from a European car. The headlights will move around like they're supposed to but the light distribution is not correct because the tunneling affect is not correct so you'll be blinding everybody even if it looks like the light is moving out of the way.

At least from all of the work I did and talking to the other guys who are experts this is what I and apparently they conclude.

It sucks because it almost works. But it doesn't.
Appreciate 0