M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

04-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #375
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 F13 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCT OFF View Post
had m6beast redo my MSR intake in wrinkle black today,the intake looks amazing and flow a lot better in the engine compartment,thanks again George for great customer service and product.
is there any extra charge for this? how much if so???
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 10:56 AM   #376
m6beast
Captain
Rep
Drives: stock m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif507 View Post
If I know ahead of time the charge is $100.00. All the pipes are brushed which is a lot of work in itself. DCTOFF had to pay $200 and getting filter face flat black is an additional cost $50. If you have any more questions please email me info@mstreetracing.com
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 01:19 PM   #377
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M5 F10 CP

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Still waiting for intakes that accomodate night vision.. how is this progressing?
      04-15-2015, 01:26 PM   #378
desant89
Rep
Drives: 2012 M6 Convert/2013 Alpina B7

Installed last night M6 vert

Just got mine installed last night. Best instructions ever. M6beast is amazing to deal with. He is actually overly helpful if that's possible! Great guy, this intake will be on any M car I ever get. I didn't understand the hype about the sound until I had someone rev it up with me in front of the car....This thing sounds great, first time out and I can feel improved response already. Great Job, and thanks again m6beast!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2015, 02:41 PM   #379
DCT OFF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M sports,2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:
$200 is correct I am glad m6beast have the wrinkle black has a option for the intake and filter face.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 07:14 AM   #380
Mr_M5Guy
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e60 M5

Add me to the growing list of very satifisfied customers with the MSR intake. This past Friday George installed the intake in my 2014 Comp package. You will notice in the pictures mine has the wrinkle black option, which ties in well with the engine bay. George's shop is immaculate and very well put together.

The install takes about a couple of hours, only because George took the time and walked me thru the install so i can have a better understanding of how it works and how its installed.

The fun started when I fired her up and revved the engine ........WOW! This intake sounds amazing. My car is completing stock, but the sound it gives with those turbos is a head turner, it completed change the sound of the car to a more aggressive tone. There is no longer guesses if this a turbo car by on lookers, just give them some throttle and the sound removes all doubt.

I drove the car home and per George's instructions did a couple 3rd gear pulls, i could tell a slight more increase in throttle response. That morning, George, Marvin, and I rode down to Helen, GA for SOWO. As we are driving down and could tell that this intake is starting to adapt even more.......it seems like it kept getting more and more responsive and aggressive. I didnt tell the wife about the intake, but when i hit it for the first time on the highway, she was like........"Wow what is that sound........was it there before" LOL. She is a big fan now.

MSR products are top quality. The attention the MSR cars got at SOWO was amazing people were stopping us wanting to hear the car.

Not only does my car sound even better, the gains are defintely there. My car now gets even more loose in second gear and it is still adapting.

To all the ones on the fence about this intake, IT is the REAL DEAL. Even better George is amazing with his customer service, communication, and the best part is he is truly a BMW M car fan.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      05-18-2015, 12:13 PM   #381
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_M5Guy View Post
Add me to the growing list of very satifisfied customers with the MSR intake. This past Friday George installed the intake in my 2014 Comp package. You will notice in the pictures mine has the wrinkle black option, which ties in well with the engine bay. George's shop is immaculate and very well put together.

The install takes about a couple of hours, only because George took the time and walked me thru the install so i can have a better understanding of how it works and how its installed.

The fun started when I fired her up and revved the engine ........WOW! This intake sounds amazing. My car is completing stock, but the sound it gives with those turbos is a head turner, it completed change the sound of the car to a more aggressive tone. There is no longer guesses if this a turbo car by on lookers, just give them some throttle and the sound removes all doubt.

I drove the car home and per George's instructions did a couple 3rd gear pulls, i could tell a slight more increase in throttle response. That morning, George, Marvin, and I rode down to Helen, GA for SOWO. As we are driving down and could tell that this intake is starting to adapt even more.......it seems like it kept getting more and more responsive and aggressive. I didnt tell the wife about the intake, but when i hit it for the first time on the highway, she was like........"Wow what is that sound........was it there before" LOL. She is a big fan now.

MSR products are top quality. The attention the MSR cars got at SOWO was amazing people were stopping us wanting to hear the car.

Not only does my car sound even better, the gains are defintely there. My car now gets even more loose in second gear and it is still adapting.

To all the ones on the fence about this intake, IT is the REAL DEAL. Even better George is amazing with his customer service, communication, and the best part is he is truly a BMW M car fan.
Thanks bro for the props and had a great time this weekend. Enjoy it and if you need anything else let me know
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 12:40 PM   #382
Sharif507
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M6 F13 2014

wow this is very very badass..

george do you have any in stock, im close to pulling the trigger on this.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 12:45 PM   #383
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
wow this is very very badass..

george do you have any in stock, im close to pulling the trigger on this.
I have more ready on wed send me an email for details thanks again for the support.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2015, 01:46 PM   #384
DCT OFF
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 435i M sports,2013 F10 M5

Garage List
2013 F10 M5  [0.00]
Quote:

Congratulations again glad you are enjoying the intake.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #385
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:

Your car looks great! To clarify, wrinkle black is a powder coat / coating? With my SSII I would probably still go for the original intakes but looks great with your car color!
This night vision is becoming a pain..George, I'm heading for Dallas this week..hope we can do something when I'm settled in TX!
      05-24-2015, 07:43 PM   #386
Moosemarus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M5 cp

Anyone in Houston with thi? I'm interested but really want to experience it in person...
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 08:09 PM   #387
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCarsFan View Post
Your car looks great! To clarify, wrinkle black is a powder coat / coating? With my SSII I would probably still go for the original intakes but looks great with your car color!
This night vision is becoming a pain..George, I'm heading for Dallas this week..hope we can do something when I'm settled in TX!
Call me anytime I'll be at the shop getting the M4 ready for a race, so I can get some detailed info get ball rolling on Nightvision. The Nightvision velocity stack I have works perfect on a M6 Nightvision, I wish I had a M5 Nightvision to test first hand. Anyone near Charlotte that could bring there car by for me to test fit?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 09:47 PM   #388
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
I'll be in Dallas from the beginning of June. Will call you then. Cheers !
      05-24-2015, 10:01 PM   #389
iamvietness
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
I'll be in Dallas from the beginning of June. Will call you then. Cheers !
maybe we can both get it at the same time once you move here (i'd need help with install anyways lol)
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 10:21 PM   #390
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvietness View Post
maybe we can both get it at the same time once you move here (i'd need help with install anyways lol)
Sounds good!
      05-28-2015, 06:11 AM   #391
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by desant89 View Post
Just got mine installed last night. Best instructions ever. M6beast is amazing to deal with. He is actually overly helpful if that's possible! Great guy, this intake will be on any M car I ever get. I didn't understand the hype about the sound until I had someone rev it up with me in front of the car....This thing sounds great, first time out and I can feel improved response already. Great Job, and thanks again m6beast!
Desant89 thank you for the props and hope you're enjoying the intake. If you need anything else or any questions you may have call me anytime. Once again thank you for the support and kind words
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2015, 05:25 PM   #392
M5TXGuy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 BlackSapphireMetallic

Quote:
Sounds good!
Maybe I could stop by and see your cars while you are installing and hear/see the finished project.
      06-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #393
iamvietness
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
Desant89 thank you for the props and hope you're enjoying the intake. If you need anything else or any questions you may have call me anytime. Once again thank you for the support and kind words
George are there any issues with using your intake and then using a coin wash to wash the car? not sure that would do if the intake got soaked from the wash
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 03:27 PM   #394
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamvietness View Post
George are there any issues with using your intake and then using a coin wash to wash the car? not sure that would do if the intake got soaked from the wash
I've been coin pressure washing my car from the day I bought and plenty of rain storms without the Prefilters ever installed. You'll be fine, but of you want to have even more confidence just install the prefilter that comes with the intake which is a water repellent material that goes over your filters that I had manufactured strictly for those who are worried.

If you have any more questions please let me know.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2015, 09:02 AM   #395
MCarsFan
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW F10 M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m6beast View Post
I've been coin pressure washing my car from the day I bought and plenty of rain storms without the Prefilters ever installed. You'll be fine, but of you want to have even more confidence just install the prefilter that comes with the intake which is a water repellent material that goes over your filters that I had manufactured strictly for those who are worried.

If you have any more questions please let me know.
Hi bro
Any news regarding intake fitment for M5 with night vision yet?
      06-21-2015, 12:29 PM   #396
m6beast
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hi bro
Any news regarding intake fitment for M5 with night vision yet?
I'm waiting to hear back nithjng yet
Appreciate 0