M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

04-17-2012, 10:25 PM   #1
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW's

Thumbs up C63 BS Makes It's Appearance in Canada!

I was in Calgary today getting the ML ready for lease return and had to stop in to Shadow Tint (great service...highly recommended) to get the window tint removed. I had to do a double take as I entered the office. There was a black C63 Black Series coupe sitting there!

I hadn't realized that it had even got to Canada yet, as my stealership still hadn't provided info that I had requested on it. Apparently, the car is number one of 30 coming to Canada. The owner has done a brief write up about it in his blog.

http://www.beyond.ca/first-drive-mer...ies/14192.html

The car looked amazing in person. The rear carbon fiber diffuser looks amazing and the wide body just screams don't fawk with me. Nice detail inside with the red stitching and ugraded interior. The car was in for a full matte wrap. Congrats to the new owner!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:33 PM   #2
335 oClock
MOE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 335i 6MT

thats not the black series, but thats sweet.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:38 PM   #3
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335 oClock View Post
thats not the black series, but thats sweet.
LOL!

Ummm....yes it is....looked at the car myself in person a few hours ago.

Maybe this will help those challenged with reading comprehension or car knowledge. Notice the Black Series logo next to the AMG?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:43 PM   #4
335 oClock
MOE
United_States
Rep

[IMG][QUOTE=Cdnrockies;11778112]LOL! [/IMG]

odd.. all the black series I have seen have this wing/ front end lip and mini lip or whatever awesomeness it is - set up

is this an option? if it is.. and the guy (or anybody else getting a 63 black series) doesn't get it... then IMO - MORON!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdnrockies View Post
LOL!

Ummm....yes it is....looked at the car myself in person a few hours ago.

Maybe this will help those challenged with reading comprehension or car knowledge. Notice the Black Series logo next to the AMG?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:45 PM   #5
335 oClock
MOE
United_States
Rep

don't be a jackass, jackass. - - I am not a Mercedes fan nor know much about the black series. I was going off of what I had seen .. all of which had that wing in the rear and the front lip set up -
If I have made the mistake you could simply point out that black series have a different badge

anyways, thats one beast of a fucking car.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:47 PM   #6
335 oClock
MOE
United_States
Rep

also.. the ones I have seen have no front side reflectors, as the one in your photo... why is there such a difference between these two black series?
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 10:51 PM   #7
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

The wing, canards, rear seat delete etc are packages for about $15k ontop of the $116k base price(this applies in Canada). I'm not too sure about the C63 BS not being in Canada yet though, I've seen 2 in the streets and have a personal friends doctor who already took delivery of one.

As for the reflectors, it's the same reason why your car came with one and there's none for the cars in Europe/Asia.
      04-17-2012, 10:58 PM   #8
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
The wing, canards, rear seat delete etc are packages for about $15k ontop of the $116k base price(this applies in Canada). I'm not too sure about the C63 BS not being in Canada yet though, I've seen 2 in the streets and have a personal friends doctor who already took delivery of one.

As for the reflectors, it's the same reason why your car came with one and there's none for the cars in Europe/Asia.
Thanks. Wasn't sure what the price point was as my dealer didn't know previously.

Ironically, the owner of the car apparently has been working on it for an extended period of time (2010 according to his blog) and I was told that he dealt with the flagship dealership in Toronto before our local dealer brought it in. Blog states that it was the first one in Canada, but there are clearly now a few of them out there.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 11:32 PM   #9
Keik E92 M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 DCT

Garage List
2009 BMW  [9.00]
2011 BMW 335i  [6.80]
I would trade my M3 for that anyday! Amazing!

Thanks for the pictures
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2012, 11:46 PM   #10
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by keikdasneak View Post
I would trade my M3 for that anyday! Amazing!

Thanks for the pictures
Agreed....I was glad I was in the 7 and not my IS F.

It carries a presence that doesn't exist with our "regular" cars.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 06:28 AM   #11
pokerface
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F25 X3 N20 / F80 ZCP

I was chatting with a friend in the industry who mentioned the Canadian C63BS allocation was an invite-only affair and sold pretty quickly.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #12
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
I was in Calgary today getting the ML ready for lease return and had to stop in to Shadow Tint (great service...highly recommended) to get the window tint removed. I had to do a double take as I entered the office. There was a black C63 Black Series coupe sitting there!
At first I thought you took the picture and he just left it parked in middle of a lot like that, boss.
      04-18-2012, 11:23 PM   #13
bunnn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Thanks. Wasn't sure what the price point was as my dealer didn't know previously.

Ironically, the owner of the car apparently has been working on it for an extended period of time (2010 according to his blog) and I was told that he dealt with the flagship dealership in Toronto before our local dealer brought it in. Blog states that it was the first one in Canada, but there are clearly now a few of them out there.
Yeah, I saw it at the Toronto Autoshow, they listed the car's base price + track package etc..nice car...but not sure if I'd get it at this price point. What do they mean by flagship dealer? I thought all MB dealers are corporate dealers, but I supposed they might be referring to the one near MB Canada HQ?
      04-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #14
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, I saw it at the Toronto Autoshow, they listed the car's base price + track package etc..nice car...but not sure if I'd get it at this price point. What do they mean by flagship dealer? I thought all MB dealers are corporate dealers, but I supposed they might be referring to the one near MB Canada HQ?
I'm not sure. Not familiar at all with the dealerships out East. That was just what was relayed to me at the shop.

Price point is high, but for one of only 30 cars in Canada?....probably not as bad as we initially think.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #15
bunnn
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'm not sure. Not familiar at all with the dealerships out East. That was just what was relayed to me at the shop.

Price point is high, but for one of only 30 cars in Canada?....probably not as bad as we initially think.
Price point is high..even if it's 1 of 30. It's only so limited because they are using it as a marketing strategy, imo. Even at 30 cars, I know of 2 that's available for sale right now if you wanted, brand new from dealers. It's hard for a majority of people to swallow a 130k+(loaded) C-class, even for enthusiast.
      04-20-2012, 11:47 PM   #16
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Price point is high..even if it's 1 of 30. It's only so limited because they are using it as a marketing strategy, imo. Even at 30 cars, I know of 2 that's available for sale right now if you wanted, brand new from dealers. It's hard for a majority of people to swallow a 130k+(loaded) C-class, even for enthusiast.
Interesting?

One of the other discussions that was had at the shop was that the 30 were sort of hand picked by MB and were all accounted for already? Guess this is no different than the rumours that circulated when the LF A was actually released versus what was discussed pre-production.

You obviously have much better info than I have had access to. Thanks for sharing.
Appreciate 0