Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-06-2015, 07:20 AM   #45
Warlawd
Lt
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

I would say option 2.

Have them pay off for your car and see if you can squeeze some more out to cover a down payment on the new car. Also instead of sending you a check I would try to demand them to take off and extra $12000 once you come to an agreement with the price.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 08:27 AM   #46
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: `16 MW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlawd
I would say option 2.

Have them pay off for your car and see if you can squeeze some more out to cover a down payment on the new car. Also instead of sending you a check I would try to demand them to take off and extra $12000 once you come to an agreement with the price.
So what they told me to do is trade in my car and strike a deal for another car of my choice and after deal is finalized they want me to send over the contract so they can send a check over. Only thing is because the car has an accident on file I might end up with no equity and might have to pay off pocket or roll the difference to the new car. At this point would it be worth it? Also given the fact I might not be able get into an m5 or alike car would you say this is still the better route? Not sure of how I feel getting into a lesser car with almost the same monthly payments.

Also what is the difference if they send me a check opposed to them taking the amount off the deal? I would think cash is better?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #47
infamxkris
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: `16 MW F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by soooma
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamxkris View Post
UPDATE: BMWNA is giving me an ultimatum here and has 2 offers for me on the table.
1) 5k goodwill cash if I choose to keep the car
2) lease or finance a new vehicle and they will send me a 10k check.

If I pick #2 it should be a bit more than 10k because I can sell my Meisterschaft gtc valve control exhaust that I used for about 1k miles.

If I pick offer number 1 I most likely cannot get into another m5 as I used the trade in of my e92 to lower the payments of the m5.

What do you guys think of the offers on the table?
#2 Brand new is brand new
After all this headache absolutely new

GLAD to hear BMW stepped in!!
Again this little forum has empowered so many people and let's not underestimate the power bestowed unto us -

Glad to see a smile on your face sir
Yes, BMWNA is deff trying to compensate for the downtime I experienced due to getting a new engine but they won't work with me about the paintwork nor the VIN sticker so yeah... There that... But I am grateful I have some type of offer on the table, which I know is rare at times.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #48
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Gotta go new given the unknown history and trouble with this car.

If another M5 is a stretch financially, perhaps you should consider an M3. Great car, lot's of fun, more affordable and new.
Appreciate 0