BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-14-2015, 10:30 PM   #1
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Saab Aero

2nd M5. Non CP vs CP with CCB

So I have had the luxury of having 2 F10 M5s. First was a ED beautiful singapore grey with Full leather silverstone interior with exec package and 20 inch wheels.

I bought that car and loved it very much. Drove it for 15 months and thought it was the best car I have ever driven. I had done some research lately and found that there were some excellent deals on left over 2014 to lease. Well I went working.

Many dealers with leftover 2014s were not willing to accept that there cars were depreciating in value, some would listen. In the end I negotiated between two dealers, one with exec, 20s, bandO, and drivers assist, and the other with the same options plus comp package and carbon ceramic breaks.

To begin with I did not think I wanted the CP and esp the CCB. But after negotiations it was apparent that the dealer with the CP and CCB was more willing to deal. Cheaper price. I ended up getting the 125000+ car for 950 a month/ 24 month lease, nothing down.

Here is my comparison summary:

Drive:
The comp package rocks. So much more direct and linear. The car goes where the wheel points it, and I feel the road. I never thought the base was anything but great till i felt this. However, the steering in heavier in comfort but I feel it is better in the weight than non CP in comfort. Forget sport plus, its crazy heavy. Overall the car is a bit more stiff in comfort, which i drive in most times but not too bad, i feels the great improvement in the steering is so worth it. I can totally tell the difference in the steering, its much more direct, love it. Feels more like an E60 in regards to steering feel.

Brakes:
OMG. The carbon ceramics are incredible. Forget what ppl say about it being a track thing. Such better grip and touch. Love them. Wow. As soon as I touch the brakes I feel their response. Very nice.

Lights:
I had the regular xenons. The ned lighting package is light years ahead. Great pure white light. So glad this one had this. Must have. I had LED in my last A7 and they were ok, nothing great, these are awesome.

Bang and Olufsen:
Love the upgrade. Can totally appreciate the great sound. It is way better than the Harmon Kardon, but I would say worse than my last A7 with BandO.

Driver assist:
Nice to have. Fun features but nothing that you need to have.

Full leather vs Extended.
If I would order there is no way i would get anything but full leather. I do have black interior so it is not as bad but I LOVED my full leather.

Overall, such an upgrade! The CP and CCB are incredible. I think the CCB are even more immersive than the CP.

If buying the LEDs are a must but that does not matter as it is now included in the exec.
The CP is a tough call if buying, nice to have but a lot of money, if you lease for sure. Those that say its a must have I would not agree with. Great to have but not cheap.
The CCB, forget it if buying too much. But great to have even if not tracking.
The BandO, for sure if leasing.

Hope this helps,
MikeRiley

Last edited by mikeriley; 02-14-2015 at 11:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 10:34 PM   #2
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeriley
So I have had the luxury of having 2 F10 M5s. First was a ED beautiful singapore grey with Full leather silverstone interior with exec package and 20 inch wheels.

I bought that car and loved it very much. Drove it for 15 months and thought it was the best car I have ever driven. I had done some research lately and found that there were some excellent deals on left over 2014 to lease. Well I went working.

Many dealers with leftover 2014s were not willing to accept that there cars were depreciating in value, some would listen. In the end I negotiated between two dealers, one with exec, 20s, bandO, and drivers assist, and the other with the same options plus comp package and carbon ceramic breaks.

To begin with I did not think I wanted the CP and esp the CCB. But after negotiations it was apparent that the dealer with the CP and CCB was more willing to deal. Cheaper price. I ended up getting the 125000+ car for 950 a month/ 24 month lease, nothing down.

Drive:
The comp package rocks. So much more direct and linear. The car goes where the wheel points it, and I feel the road. I never thought the base was anything but great till i felt this. However, the steering in heavier in comfort but I feel it is better in the weight than non CP in comfort. Forget sport plus, its crazy heavy.

Brakes:
OMG. The carbon ceramics are incredible. Forget what ppl say about it being a track thing. Such better grip and touch. Love them. Wow. As soon as I touch the brakes I feel their response. Very nice.

Lights:
I had the regular xenons. The ned lighting package is light years ahead. Great pure white light. So glad this one had this. Must have. I had LED in my last A7 and they were ok, nothing great, these are awesome.

Bang and Olufsen:
Love the upgrade. Can totally appreciate the great sound. It is way better than the Harmon Kardon, but I would say worse than my last A7 with BandO.

Driver assist:

If I would order there is no way i would get anything but full leather. I do have black interior so it is not as bad but I LOVED my full leather.

Overall, such an upgrade! The CP and CCB are incredible. I think the CCB are even more immersive than the CP.
Here are pics of new m5
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 10:36 PM   #3
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Drive:
The comp package rocks. So much more direct and linear. The car goes where the wheel points it, and I feel the road. I never thought the base was anything but great till i felt this. However, the steering in heavier in comfort but I feel it is better in the weight than non CP in comfort. Forget sport plus, its crazy heavy.

Brakes:

Lights:

Bang and Olufsen:

Driver assist:

Here are pics of new m5
Carbon brakes
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 10:37 PM   #4
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Drive:

Brakes:

Lights:

Bang and Olufsen:

Driver assist:

Here are pics of new m5
Carbon brakes
Front leds
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 10:38 PM   #5
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Drive:

Brakes:

Lights:

Bang and Olufsen:

Driver assist:

Here are pics of new m5
Carbon brakes
Front leds
Exhaust
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 10:39 PM   #6
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Drive:

Brakes:

Lights:

Bang and Olufsen:

Driver assist:

Here are pics of new m5
Carbon brakes
Front leds
Exhaust
CCB
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 10:40 PM   #7
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Drive:

Brakes:

Lights:

Bang and Olufsen:

Driver assist:

Here are pics of new m5
Carbon brakes
Front leds
Exhaust
CCB
Interior
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 11:02 PM   #8
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Drive:

Brakes:

Lights:

Bang and Olufsen:

Driver assist:

Here are pics of new m5
Carbon brakes
Front leds
Exhaust
CCB
Interior
Close up of breaks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 11:03 PM   #9
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Drive:

Brakes:

Lights:

Bang and Olufsen:

Driver assist:

Here are pics of new m5
Carbon brakes
Front leds
Exhaust
CCB
Interior
Close up of breaks
Breaks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 11:04 PM   #10
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Damn! 950/month on a 24 month with nothing down!??!?!??

That's crazy.

Were you leasing or financing your 2012? was the lease up?
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 11:13 PM   #11
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilT3
Damn! 950/month on a 24 month with nothing down!??!?!??

That's crazy.

Were you leasing or financing your 2012? was the lease up?
It was also a 2014 that I traded in. Purchase.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 11:30 PM   #12
M6-Coupe
Major General
Rep
Drives: F92 M8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeriley View Post
I ended up getting the 125000+ car for 950 a month/ 24 month lease, nothing down.
WOW... Even with 70% residual for 24 months, still you must be offered less than ED invoice Congratulations!
Gone : 2013 F13 Sakhir Orange M6 -7DCT
Gone: 2013 F13 Alpine White 650i -ZF8
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 11:31 PM   #13
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M6-Coupe
Quote:
I ended up getting the 125000+ car for 950 a month/ 24 month lease, nothing down.
WOW... Even with 70% residual for 24 months, still you must be offered less than ED invoice Congratulations!
Yes it was a great deal. About 30 k off. 66 residual.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 02:02 AM   #14
mr_djurgarden
Private First Class
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5 F90

Thanks

Great upgrade and I am waiting for my LCI CP without CCB.

How about the exhaust? Any difference?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 02:12 AM   #15
bronch
Waiting for the sun
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240ix

Quote:
...I ended up getting the 125000+ car for 950 a month/ 24 month lease, nothing down...
I think this takes the cake... Wow! Clearly, I have no negotiating skills and I am being taken for ride. Thanks for posting and letting me know what a sucker I am.
2018 M240ix- Daily driver. Still Woohoo!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 07:05 AM   #16
Bönz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M5

Congratulations!

That is a great deal, no doubt. 30k off. I can't believe someone put this order together and didn't include full leather - it's got everything else.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 07:38 AM   #17
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

Quote:
Close up of breaks
They don't look broken. But if so that is an expensive fix.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 07:47 AM   #18
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Not having to deal with brake dust makes the ceramic brakes pretty nice.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 08:48 AM   #19
shahano
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 21' M2C 6spd ,11' 1M, 88' M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
the CCB are like this from the factory.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 09:11 AM   #20
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahano View Post
the CCB are like this from the factory.
I believe he was just teasing over the spelling, breaks vs. brakes.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 09:13 AM   #21
mikeriley
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblansten View Post
good one!
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #22
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
good one!
Congrats on the car.
Appreciate 0