10-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #23
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ftc120 View Post
Just returned home from my bmw dealer. Third visit to bmw dealers in last 7 days. Since my M5 ran low/out of fuel ten days ago I have one dealer delete the 21 error codes that came with the drivetrain malfunction error message and the bmw dealer today installed the latest vehicle software into my M5 so that all adaptations are cleared. The bmw dealer did that today and they said that I will need to give it some time to drive it and allow the adaptations to completely reset.. I had a ninety mile drive home tonight and nothing changed. Still no throttle response, no steering firmness in sport or sport plus, as far as the Edc ( suspension) it is hard to tell. The car says it is in mdm or disc off, but who knows ? I guess what really has me confused now is should it take 200 miles of driving for the car to respond to the M settings ? I know when I had the car brand new it responded to the different M settings immediately. I also spoke with my SA about it while driving home and he said at this point I will probably have to file a claim and bmw will either send somebody to the dealership to look at my vehicle or my vehicle may get shipped to New Jersey or South Carolina for further investigation. Either way there is no more I can do now but wait. It is now deer hunting season, so the M 5 is going in the garage for hibernation mode until bmw decides when they would like to look at it. My SA told me the process can take 1-2 months. Till then my mind is off the M5 and onto hunting. . Torn between two emotions.
I would not stand for that
Here in the UK my X3 35 D M Sport had a steering fault from day ONE, BMW Listers bent over backwards to fix it and gave me a top quality car for a month. Thats the service I expect. If my M5 suffered like that I would get a loan M5 till it was sorted, end of story. That service is total Shite.

PS) If the dealer did not have the M5, bmw UK would supply one.
      10-19-2013, 08:18 AM   #24
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
agree with John that's very poor indeed.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #25
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
///M service has been so sh*tty and frustrating for me as well. It's enough to drive me to another marquee. I've tried 2 local dealers with zero success. Give them a crap review (when they spam you about it incessantly) and it will get their attention. 2nd dealer offered to flat bed my car back in to service bay. Honestly though, I don't believe it will make any difference. You are correct that these knuckleheads know nothing about the M cars. They work on 135i models all day.

Conversely, my Porsche service experiences have been nothing short of delightful. Yes, that is actually the word I just used to describe an interaction with a car dealer
      10-19-2013, 10:46 AM   #26
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob///M5 View Post

Conversely, my Porsche service experiences have been nothing short of delightful. Yes, that is actually the word I just used to describe an interaction with a car dealer
I attended the Panamera Hybrid Launch lunch and was given a drive and a tour of the workshops, I spoke to some of the Engineers and saw some of the work they were doing , well impressed these guys new there stuff.
      10-19-2013, 02:10 PM   #27
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
hybrid Porsches? and BMW get beaten up for changing its ethos!

Neil.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2013, 02:56 PM   #28
JOHNBMWM5
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
hybrid Porsches? and BMW get beaten up for changing its ethos!

Neil.
Yea that makes me laugh, this Hybrid Panamera though is not that good at all, just hype.