United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW ///M4 F82 / BMW ///M5 F10

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
You must be driving in glammy Forza 4 green-line tracks and controlled environments, try real and regular street races in a brutal reality and see your 2 ton bath tub soften up fast before AMGs, Porsches and even metrosexual maseratis. Breaks in this car are an issue for those who push it to the limits, which =/= "spirited driving" on designed curves in a "how to drive to avoid a brake fade" fashion. Brake fade is alien to E60 and E63, which in turn don't have a fraction of the brake fade problem that F10 is suffering from - on exact same situations, parallel street racing in numerous occasions so please keep irrelevant track talk for proper track cars pursuing track times.
LOL street racing, I think you've been watching too much Fast and the idiotic!

I've taken my car round Brands hatch and silverstone and not had to worry about brake fade at all.

Last edited by Neil McRae; 09-16-2013 at 04:18 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 02:09 AM   #24
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

It is indeed true that the brakes on this car suffers from fade. Even when performing brake bedding exercise on the car when i first got it, i was able to experience some degree of fade from the repeated stops from 100kmh. Took about 10 runs to feel it.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 03:01 AM   #25
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
You must be driving in glammy Forza 4 green-line tracks and controlled environments, try real and regular street races in a brutal reality and see your 2 ton bath tub soften up fast before AMGs, Porsches and even metrosexual maseratis. Breaks in this car are an issue for those who push it to the limits, which =/= "spirited driving" on designed curves in a "how to drive to avoid a brake fade" fashion. Brake fade is alien to E60 and E63, which in turn don't have a fraction of the brake fade problem that F10 is suffering from - on exact same situations, parallel street racing in numerous occasions so please keep irrelevant track talk for proper track cars pursuing track times.
I am afraid we live in the UK, and "Street racing" is a ticket to prison here.
      09-16-2013, 04:07 AM   #26
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
It is indeed true that the brakes on this car suffers from fade. Even when performing brake bedding exercise on the car when i first got it, i was able to experience some degree of fade from the repeated stops from 100kmh. Took about 10 runs to feel it.
I am not saying that they don't, but for a trackday it wasn't a big issue for me, but if you drive round the track with your foot on the brake pedal then in any car you'll eventualyl get fade - even the mighty GTR!

To reduce the fade- replacement of brake fluid makes a significant difference and I'm hoping someone comes up with a brake line kit for the M5 as I believe that will also make a significant improvement also.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #27
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
I am not saying that they don't, but for a trackday it wasn't a big issue for me, but if you drive round the track with your foot on the brake pedal then in any car you'll eventualyl get fade - even the mighty GTR!

To reduce the fade- replacement of brake fluid makes a significant difference and I'm hoping someone comes up with a brake line kit for the M5 as I believe that will also make a significant improvement also.
True, and i think the nature of the track makes a huge difference as well. I am planning to buy the carbon ceramic brakes for my M5 if i don't trade in for the LCI comp package M5, which I would also order the CCB. I can't stand the brake dust on this car. It's unbelievable!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 07:59 AM   #28
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil McRae View Post
LOL street racing, I think you've been watching too much Fast and the idiotic!

I've taken my car round Brands hatch and silverstone and not had to worry about brake fade at all.
You should read the context of my reply and let go of your jammed ego, brake fade exists in this car, period. Nobody is interested about personal driving "skills" and you aren't on YouTube to be telling others to 'learn to drive' because I, along with many people on this forum, own several ///Ms, for many years and know how to control these machines.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #29
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
I am afraid we live in the UK, and "Street racing" is a ticket to prison here.
I agree with it, especially with age unfortunately in many countries our cars are utilized on streets much more than on tracks, be it a traffic light drag, a random desire to punish 'dat AMG' or late night runs on relatively empty streets
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #30
Neil McRae
BMW Motorsport
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2020 BMW M5 CP  [0.00]
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
ok i'll manage my ego mr race the amg on the street.

LOL
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 03:12 AM   #31
13BMWM5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 M5

Wow WTF you guys doing I drive my F10 M5 like I stole it, it has had regular maintenance and after 4 yrs I replaced a coil pack on #6 cyl.
That cost me 45 dollars and I did it myself. I spend more on rear tires then maintenance.
I use royal purple racing brake fluid and have no real noticeable brake fade at the track after 8 hot laps. Carbon brakes just a scam. Spend 2500.00
And go to a BMW performance center they will teach you how to drive and brake on a track there is a very big difference being a street driver and a track driver.
Appreciate 2
      05-21-2018, 11:51 AM   #32
///3dkn
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [8.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BMWM5 View Post
Wow WTF you guys doing I drive my F10 M5 like I stole it, it has had regular maintenance and after 4 yrs I replaced a coil pack on #6 cyl.
That cost me 45 dollars and I did it myself. I spend more on rear tires then maintenance.
I use royal purple racing brake fluid and have no real noticeable brake fade at the track after 8 hot laps. Carbon brakes just a scam. Spend 2500.00
And go to a BMW performance center they will teach you how to drive and brake on a track there is a very big difference being a street driver and a track driver.
Cool story bro.. :
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 09:19 AM   #33
bjbbiker
Rep
Drives: Buick

I am glad I stumbled upon this thread. Drove a couple M3s in the morning and while searching for a used M5, went on my very first test drive '15 with 52k miles. Let the engine warm up (whats a normal engine temp?) and drove normal on the street and fwy. Phx, 12pm, 105 degrees out. while coming back, got on it WOT on the on ramp and coming through 4th or 5th I got the following message https://ibb.co/kUFotz car governed itself, felt a little rough and was slowing down as i was pushing on the accelerator. Pulled over, turned the car off, turned it back on, malfunction still remained but then went away when I did a u-turn. is this the same error most are getting?

So is this something that I should be worried about? Seems like a very common thing with these cars after reading a bunch of threads over the past couple days. if this is the one I end up getting, thinking about asking them to take it to the dealer to service before we make a deal.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2018, 09:55 AM   #34
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
I have CCB on my F90 M5 they are very good and don't fade on hard street driving.
      09-15-2018, 02:23 AM   #35
SteveFoxM5
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP Alpine White F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BMWM5 View Post

I drive mine like i stole it too. ive owned it for 2 years and put almost 50k miles on it drove it to vegas/arizona/san diego many times i go through tires and reg maintenance thats it.
Appreciate 0