BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-08-2015, 09:19 PM   #1
ARKONE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 458; '16 Escalade; '12 Z4

M5 vinyl wrap job quote

So, I just got a quote to wrap my M5. It is north of $5000. Does this seem excessive or in line with other wrap jobs?

I figured it would around $3,500 to $4,000. But the quote is $5k for just a White Satin Pearl wrap with matte black accenting and the roof done in black as well.

I also wanted 6 thin ///M race stripes down the length of the hood and car and that was not part of the quote so we shall see how much it is.

I am in Omaha, NE if that matters. Anyone in nearby Chicago or Kansas know any good vinyl wrapper I can get a quote from?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 09:28 PM   #2
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

That is very pricey, but it all depends on the market you are in and the quality of the shop you are at.

I got mine done for far cheaper than that, but the shop I used hardly ever does full body wraps and offered discounts on them because they don't usually do them, but are excited when they get a customer.

I guess in NE, you are kind of limited on quality vinyl wrap shops. It is not easy at all to properly wrap an entire car. It takes a lot of teamwork and skill. I watched the guys do some of my wrap and I was surprised at what they had to go through. In the end if they want to charge you $5,000 grand for a wrap job they can probably get away with it because there is probably no where else around them close by that will do it for cheaper. If you are going to pay that much though, make sure that it is going to be a top quality job and accept no mistakes by them. That's just too much money to expect anything other than excellence.

What color you thinking about anyways??

Appreciate 0
      01-08-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
ARKONE
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '11 458; '16 Escalade; '12 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
That is very pricey, but it all depends on the market you are in and the quality of the shop you are at.

I got mine done for far cheaper than that, but the shop I used hardly ever does full body wraps and offered discounts on them because they don't usually do them, but are excited when they get a customer.

I guess in NE, you are kind of limited on quality vinyl wrap shops. It is not easy at all to properly wrap an entire car. It takes a lot of teamwork and skill. I watched the guys do some of my wrap and I was surprised at what they had to go through. In the end if they want to charge you $5,000 grand for a wrap job they can probably get away with it because there is probably no where else around them close by that will do it for cheaper. If you are going to pay that much though, make sure that it is going to be a top quality job and accept no mistakes by them. That's just too much money to expect anything other than excellence.

What color you thinking about anyways??

Yeah they are the only 3M qualified place within 100 miles of me. I got all the vinyling stuff on my 550 done by this guy with small shop. He's a one man team so he was able to wrap my door handles and so on, but he said he can't take on a whole car wrap and referred them to me.

I chatted with the owner and he seems like a nice guy, graduated from the college I currently go to and etc. He showed some pictures of Corvettes and Range Rovers as well as an M6 they wrapped in Carbon Fiber 3M vinyl. I didn't get a chance to take a look at his person truck wrapped because of the fact that it was already dark outside but I will probably swing by tomorrow afternoon.

I am doing White Satin Pearl with Satin Black or Matte Deep Black for the roof and accenting (door handles, turn signals, mirror caps, and so on). I also will have the LCI grille with ///M colors, and have those colors "bleed off" onto the car and run them the entire length of the car. Tailights and headlights will be frozen as well.

I am replacing the turn signals and mirror caps with Carbon Fiber so we shall see how that looks, but the entire car look is a frozen white look w/ matte black accenting.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2015, 01:41 PM   #4
NlckyBlack
Captain
Greece
Rep
Drives: Too many cars

Around 3k is the going price. at 5k run away
Appreciate 0