M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

07-07-2014, 06:18 PM   #1
Froze
Idiot
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3 - Frozen White

'15 M5 Order Pricing - Would appreciate input

I'm seriously considering moving from my Frozen White '13 M3 to a Frozen Blue '15 M5. I like the frozen colors for some reason and now can't see myself in an M car that is not frozen.

The quote I have so far is $1,500 over invoice and $1,000 deposit to special order it.

I have two issues here:
1) do I really want to give up my M3, and
2) is this a good price for a special order car.

Can someone with experience weigh in on the latter issue?

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ford Raptor

At least you have a quote I have yet for someone to give me a price on the 15 models....
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #3
Froze
Idiot
Rep

Here's the MSRP pricing (if it helps)...although I think you might know the prices better than me. It was your input that helped me figure out the new 6NS option. Thanks, by the way.

This was the MSRP pricing...
Base US entry $93,600
Frozen Paint $ 5,000
Carbon Leather trim $ 3,025
Competition package $ 7,300
20" 343M wheels NC
Enhanced bluetooth $ 500
Destination charge $ 950
Gas tax $ 1,300

Total MSRP $111,675
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 02:56 AM   #4
variable229
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousq View Post
At least you have a quote I have yet for someone to give me a price on the 15 models....
You didn't get a quote yet? Most dealers in SoCal already have their allocations and pricing. I know that my 2015 is being built end of July for an order I had placed in June.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 02:57 AM   #5
variable229
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froze View Post

Carbon Leather trim $ 3,025
How did you get the carbon leather trim? What was the option code for this? I inquired about having the factory install carbon leather / fiber trim. However for European Delivery orders it was not possible.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 06:14 AM   #6
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by variable229 View Post
You didn't get a quote yet? Most dealers in SoCal already have their allocations and pricing. I know that my 2015 is being built end of July for an order I had placed in June.
I have email and called several SA and none of them have hit me back. I think my issue is I am overseas and I want to buy the car within the next few months when I return.

Quote:
How did you get the carbon leather trim? What was the option code for this? I inquired about having the factory install carbon leather / fiber trim. However for European Delivery orders it was not possible.
The option code is 4MC for the carbon Leather/Fiber trim. BMW uses the same option codes for all models. Also it is available for ED from what I heard.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 12:57 PM   #7
variable229
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I have email and called several SA and none of them have hit me back. I think my issue is I am overseas and I want to buy the car within the next few months when I return.

The option code is 4MC for the carbon Leather/Fiber trim. BMW uses the same option codes for all models. Also it is available for ED from what I heard.
With the internet these days, there is no reason not to be able to buy a car and being physically present.

I'll have to ask my SA on the option 4MC. Sounds like a factory option. I did inquire about carbon fiber trim, performance exhaust etc but I was told there was no optional aftermarket accessories possible to install for ED (recent change?).
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 01:35 PM   #8
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
With the internet these days, there is no reason not to be able to buy a car and being physically present.

I'll have to ask my SA on the option 4MC. Sounds like a factory option. I did inquire about carbon fiber trim, performance exhaust etc but I was told there was no optional aftermarket accessories possible to install for ED (recent change?).

4MC is the option list for Carbon Fiber trim in the car. Just like paint codes don't vary by models. There are a few M5 that are on lots that are for sale wit hthe carbon trim. BTW how did you find out the price of the trim?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #9
variable229
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
4MC is the option list for Carbon Fiber trim in the car. Just like paint codes don't vary by models. There are a few M5 that are on lots that are for sale wit hthe carbon trim. BTW how did you find out the price of the trim?
No idea what the price for this is, I think I was responding to Froze $3025 price above. My car went into 112 status, so I don't know if I can even change anything at this point to add carbon fiber trim (if i wanted it).
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #10
Froze
Idiot
Rep

Carbon Leather Trim pricing came from my dealer. I have it in my M3 and cannot imagine living with another trim.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 03:19 PM   #11
variable229
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Carbon Leather Trim pricing came from my dealer. I have it in my M3 and cannot imagine living with another trim.
Same here, I came from a E93 M3 and had carbon fiber trim. I am not sure if I was going to miss it since I didn't think it was an option. Now all these options can drive one a little neurotic about the perfect configuration.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2014, 03:33 PM   #12
infamousq
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I agree the first time I seen it was in an M3 and I loved it. When I went to Bimmerfest East last year BMWNA had it on the M5 they brought down and they told me it was available for the 2014 and on models. So that is a must for my car as well as the individual color I chose so far.
Appreciate 0