Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

06-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #1
wrsbmw
Major
Rep
Drives: 2018 Ferrari 488 Spider

Garage List
Saw the new 2014 M6 today at my dealership

Lot's of them, they have three or four of them and frankly, I didn't see much difference other than the new look for the iDrive Control screen. None of them had the Competition Package but they all had full leather and B&O. I sure didn't see the reason I would pay more for the 2014 than getting a deal on the any remaining 2013. They had a 2013 M5 back at the end of the line that looked lonely. It was azurite black with silverstone extended leather, $107k.

I had to get a new tire because my right rear picked up a nail. I only paid $50 for the tire because I had tire insurance. This is the third tire I get paid for on the insurance. I had two run flats replaced on my 535i so I am doing well with the tire insurance. I have seen people claiming that most of what they sell you in the finance office is profit for them but if you make a claim, they pay it and the tire insurance has been a winner for me. I think the windshield would have been too but I didn't realize that this HUD windshield was so expensive and so I passed on it. My wife already picked up a crack in hers and she has HUD in her X5. They sealed it but I didn't buy the windshield insurance on hers so I hope the seal works.

Anyway, for the money, I wouldn't buy the 2014 M6 if there were a similarly equipped 2013 available for a lower price and there are some of those left.

Last edited by wrsbmw; 06-22-2013 at 09:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 12:07 AM   #2
shellbmb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 F90 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrsbmw View Post
Lot's of them, they have three or four of them and frankly, I didn't see much difference other than the new look for the iDrive Control screen. None of them had the Competition Package but they all had full leather and B&O. I sure didn't see the reason I would pay more for the 2014 than getting a deal on the any remaining 2013. They had a 2013 M5 back at the end of the line that looked lonely. It was azurite black with silverstone extended leather, $107k.

I had to get a new tire because my right rear picked up a nail. I only paid $50 for the tire because I had tire insurance. This is the third tire I get paid for on the insurance. I had two run flats replaced on my 535i so I am doing well with the tire insurance. I have seen people claiming that most of what they sell you in the finance office is profit for them but if you make a claim, they pay it and the tire insurance has been a winner for me. I think the windshield would have been too but I didn't realize that this HUD windshield was so expensive and so I passed on it. My wife already picked up a crack in hers and she has HUD in her X5. They sealed it but I didn't buy the windshield insurance on hers so I hope the seal works.

Anyway, for the money, I wouldn't buy the 2014 M6 if there were a similarly equipped 2013 available for a lower price and there are some of those left.
That blue 2013 M6 has been there a while. If I was in the market for an M6, I'd jump on that one as I bet they are willing to deal. It looks sweet with the CF room and CF interior trim.

I've been eyeing that Azurite Black one ever since they told me it was coming and actually stopped by today and drove it. Very pretty color combo.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 12:22 AM   #3
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Love azurite on silverstone. Awesome combo.
      06-23-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
Rohardi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Q50S Hybrid

My local dealer has a 2014 M6 Grand Coupe, I was extremely impressed. Amazing looking car. But I just wouldn't spend an extra $30,000 on one...
Appreciate 0