Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5,X5M

Canadian F10 M5 Pricing and Ordering

There seems to be alot of questions about Canadian ordering and pricing at least on my part and the dealer we use or maybe BMW Canada.
Let's use this thread to talk and update each other as we all go forward. I don't want to take away from other peoples threads talking about it.

Has anyone officially ordered an F10 M5 without pricing confirmed ?

My dealer is telling me that if i want a March production I have to go ahead in the next week price unknown as my car is allocated for production

Has any of our European or Asian Continent friends encountered this or is it a sales tactic ?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
audiobahn
Private
Rep
Drives: bmw

i doubt he'll be able to get you a march production that you can configure so soon. In a previous car purchase a dealer did something similar, after putting the down payment he told me that he wasn't able to change the configuration of the production because it locks out prior to production and made me wait a few extra months.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 02:30 PM   #3
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

I also dont trust the dealers. There is an alotment to BMW Canada and hence to the dealers for the M5's. Each dealer gets a couple places per month. I dont think you would ever lose an M5, you might need to wait longer.

I'd be more worried about getting taken for $4-6k more at one dealer over another.

The car will start at at least 10% more than the old car so base so the F10 will be $115k I think.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 03:12 PM   #4
04S
Captain
Rep
Drives: M4 xDrive, X5 40i and U11 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM47 View Post
There seems to be alot of questions about Canadian ordering and pricing at least on my part and the dealer we use or maybe BMW Canada.
Let's use this thread to talk and update each other as we all go forward. I don't want to take away from other peoples threads talking about it.

Has anyone officially ordered an F10 M5 without pricing confirmed ?

My dealer is telling me that if i want a March production I have to go ahead in the next week price unknown as my car is allocated for production

Has any of our European or Asian Continent friends encountered this or is it a sales tactic ?
This is exactly what happened to me. When the F10M was first announced I spoke to my dealer and put down a holding deposit. That was on 15/6/11. Then I needed to confirm my order, without pricing and only very loose specs (which thankfully have turned out to be accurate), in November to secure a production slot in December 11. The price was confirmed to me only in early Feb. So maybe what your dealer says is correct because it pretty much mirrors my experience. I guess the only other comment is that the M5 has been around for much longer now than when I first ordered mine so BMW Canada has had much more time to get their act together.

Hope that is helpful.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 06:14 PM   #5
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie F10M View Post
This is exactly what happened to me. When the F10M was first announced I spoke to my dealer and put down a holding deposit. That was on 15/6/11. Then I needed to confirm my order, without pricing and only very loose specs (which thankfully have turned out to be accurate), in November to secure a production slot in December 11. The price was confirmed to me only in early Feb. So maybe what your dealer says is correct because it pretty much mirrors my experience. I guess the only other comment is that the M5 has been around for much longer now than when I first ordered mine so BMW Canada has had much more time to get their act together.

Hope that is helpful.
Thank you everyone for your information.

I spoke to the dealer numerous times today and emails, the sales person did not explain things properly to us from a month ago ( our 2nd trip ). He kept using words like allotment, secure, reserve never did he say the car will be built in March. So after all that they have told me today my car has a production # and it will be completed week 13 which is the week of March 26 all of this unknown to me and my wife who was at the dealership with me both times. I was told today also if I want any minor changes I have until tomorrow. Glad I phoned them today. They also capped the pricing with my options. If its higher they absorb it if its lower which it will be I get the credit back.

So for the last 4 weeks I have been the proud future owner of a 2012 F10 M5
Monte Carlo Blue
Black Full Merino Leather
Executive Package
Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
M Trace Aluminum Trim

Last edited by AM47; 02-29-2012 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: missed word
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #6
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Pls post pics once you get it. I want to see the full merino.

MCB is a great choice. Well done.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2012, 08:42 PM   #7
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

I was at the dealership again tonight (friend buying M3) - its crazy they don't have pricing or anything yet and the cars are set to arrive in about 4 weeks. They really don't know - but estimating 5-10% more then the outgoing model.
      03-01-2012, 01:03 AM   #8
mbVSbmw
Rep
Drives: M550XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM47 View Post
Thank you everyone for your information.

I spoke to the dealer numerous times today and emails, the sales person did not explain things properly to us from a month ago ( our 2nd trip ). He kept using words like allotment, secure, reserve never did he say the car will be built in March. So after all that they have told me today my car has a production # and it will be completed week 13 which is the week of March 26 all of this unknown to me and my wife who was at the dealership with me both times. I was told today also if I want any minor changes I have until tomorrow. Glad I phoned them today. They also capped the pricing with my options. If its higher they absorb it if its lower which it will be I get the credit back.

So for the last 4 weeks I have been the proud future owner of a 2012 F10 M5
Monte Carlo Blue
Black Full Merino Leather
Executive Package
Night Vision with Pedestrian Detection
M Trace Aluminum Trim

what is "Executive Package"?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 05:44 AM   #9
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbVSbmw View Post
what is "Executive Package"?
The executive package in Canada includes the following automatic trunk, soft close doors, electric rear sunshades, ventilated seats, active seats for driver and passenger, bmw individual reading lights, M multifunction seats, high beam assistant, lane departure warning, active blind spot detection, surround view and head up display
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2012, 05:56 PM   #10
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Saw the car today guys. Fck its niiiicccccceee.

Gonna have to start saving.

Is everyone here buying or leasing?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #11
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Anyone notice that the silver trim is not on the visualizer?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #12
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Anyone notice that the silver trim is not on the visualizer?
Yes I saw that also and questioned the dealer they said it is the standard or default trim ( actual name is Trace Aluminum ) but it should still be on the web site guess they are still updating it.

More importantly confirmed final pricing would be good.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 04:21 PM   #13
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep

Quote:

I am buying
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 06:07 PM   #14
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:

Im Buying it, dont lease it, the rate is too high, i think for m product they usually have a 8,9% leasing rate
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 09:13 PM   #15
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Yeah I'll be buying too. Just need to build a little equity first. I hope to finance only 1/4 of the final bill. Rates right now arent that great considering I got 1% on my M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2012, 10:26 PM   #16
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Yeah I'll be buying too. Just need to build a little equity first. I hope to finance only 1/4 of the final bill. Rates right now arent that great considering I got 1% on my M3.
you financed ur m3 and the rate was 1%? That was amazing
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 10:31 AM   #17
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW0412
Quote:
you financed ur m3 and the rate was 1%? That was amazing
I got the M3 in Nov 2008 and they were giving big rebates in addition 1% financing. I think BMW wanted to clear out stock for the winter.

I don't expect this will happen ever with the M5 since it will never be stocked as inventory sale product.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
HHSAM
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10/ X5 F15 M Package

Well I went to the dealer and he asked for approximately 10400 EUR because I wanted individual specs. I was really upset and left furious he later called me in January 17 and told me that there is an extra car in the March delivery and the colour was as I wanted it. It is really upsetting that BMW AG does not watch over dealers.

I ended up paying 2000 EUR as a booking fee.

All cars come fully loaded. The price is approximatly 123000 EUR