Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

03-19-2013, 05:30 PM   #23
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
I would tell that to you in person too with that exact smile to show the best intention, it's a friendly opinion. I apologize if it seemed insulting but I just love stock wheels so much that it pains me to see when people change it to something I really dislike. My wheels are stock, it's just the picture in contrast, not black and not coated. I know that BMW Performance parts offers these same wheels in black by the way, and I think your wheels would look much better if coated in black so that those "spikes" around the wheel wouldn't be visible and it would give the contrast that you like so much, but in black.

As long as you like the car the way it is, you should just dismiss my first post and drive it the way you enjoy. It's your car and must be exactly how you want yourself and other people to see it, no matter they like it or not
Cool Man...Well I'll tell you with my best intentions that to me painting any wheels black and dark is cliche' and overdone. Wheels are major component of the beauty of a car and when they are black or dark it takes away from the the design and curvatures that light hits making them look more appealing. Thats just my opinion.

I wasn't too crazy about the hardware or "spikes" showing at first but it grew on me. I absolutely love these wheels for the look, concavity and quality. The only thing I think it needs is a drop, which is planned for the 30th of this month.

Thank you Chrisratz
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:31 PM   #24
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

For the record, the stock 20's are absolutely gorgeous...I just wanted to make mine different.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #25
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
For the record, the stock 20's are absolutely gorgeous...I just wanted to make mine different.
Have you considered these from M6GC? I'll buy once they're available in a month or two, I find them to be very beautiful, maybe a bit vulgar judging from my own context but just love them
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:55 PM   #26
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Have you considered these from M6GC? I'll buy once they're available in a month or two, I find them to be very beautiful, maybe a bit vulgar judging from my own context but just love them
Quite frankly I'm offended by those wheels and I just showed them to my daughter and she's crying now.

Just kidding. Those are beautiful wheels...I'm not sure how they will work with the lines of the F10, but they are very nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 06:29 PM   #27
Timberwolf
Captain
Rep
Drives: People crazy

I think a ride height drop and sone 3/4 angle shots will do more justice to the concave look. Personaly im a fan of the oem wheels but feel that once you put aftermarket wheels on you have to drop rhe car or it looks incomplete....
      03-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #28
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf View Post
I think a ride height drop and sone 3/4 angle shots will do more justice to the concave look. Personaly im a fan of the oem wheels but feel that once you put aftermarket wheels on you have to drop rhe car or it looks incomplete....
And if you do that, also spacers because just dropping creates a disproportional gap in the arches, which was one of main reasons why I had to undo my H&R springs.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 11:50 PM   #29
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition
Rough words singularity but based on the fact that the aftermarket wheel business is a billion dollar industry, there are many people who disagree with you. Your admission of being unable to understand is too bad for you. Same can be said for your choices to change your front grills from the chrome they came with to black or anything else youve done to your car for that matter. Its your car, your personal choice. I applaud someone who wants to personalize their car. It's a statement. It's shows some individuality. I guess your inability to understand this speaks volumes about your blandness and boring approach to life.

All the best
Well said. Not the first post I have seen by this gentleman chastising others for mods. Love the Anti-American sentiment. Really a nice touch. "You Americans" huh? :

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 04:08 PM   #30
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Well said. Not the first post I have seen by this gentleman chastising others for mods. Love the Anti-American sentiment. Really a nice touch. "You Americans" huh? :
Next time please continue reading the rest of the topic before prematurely misinterpreting and rushing a make a weak sarcastic comment. I invite you, and everyone else who seems to turn a blind eye to real examples of prejudice based on taste toward other nations, to swing your righteous condemnations to examples below. In case it hasn't been noticed, there isn't that much international atmosphere going on here lately. One must think twice before stating ignorant opinions and put himself in other peoples' shoes making them, or learn to deal with a differences in opinions on a forum board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwdinamo View Post
The only way they're in business is because inbred retards from the Middle East have the worst taste on the planet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWI6 View Post
I wish they did too. But there are too many rich Saudi's buying their hideous stuff. Money cannot buy taste, especially these days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Exactly. Someone with no taste. Could equally be destined for a Russian.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
This is true. Demand = Supply. We need to get rid of the rich Saudi's. Lol!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince217 View Post
This is destined for some rich kid in the Middle East
...and many more, including the topic itself.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 05:39 PM   #31
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Next time please continue reading the rest of the topic before prematurely misinterpreting and rushing a make a weak sarcastic comment. I invite you, and everyone else who seems to turn a blind eye to real examples of prejudice based on taste toward other nations, to swing your righteous condemnations to examples below. In case it hasn't been noticed, there isn't that much international atmosphere going on here lately. One must think twice before stating ignorant opinions and put himself in other peoples' shoes making them, or learn to deal with a differences in opinions on a forum board.

...and many more, including the topic itself.
Well, I invite you to not group anyone into racist or nationalist crap that others post.

I did read the rest of your post and I for one did not believe a word of your sheepish "apology" to cover your comments. People say things for a reason and you said them. You can have opinions, fine. No one sets the rules as to how you comment on here except the moderators. But if you choose to call someone's taste "vulgar" then prepare yourself for strong rebuttal. Most of us would say "not feeling them" or "don't like" or "not my taste but congrats on the effort". If it's a language barrier, that is very cool and I apologize. This is an international forum. However, when strong comments are followed by additional off color remarks like "You Americans", it becomes hard to believe. Additionally, you decided to include a response to me using such words as "ignorant" and "righteous". I am neither. I also did not go there with you. I simply commented on the out of line tone of your responses in more than one thread lately. I actually REMEMBERED your name from other threads because of your insulting choice of words.

I truly hope I am incorrect with my assumptions regarding your intentions. Not here to create bad feelings.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:01 PM   #32
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Dudes, chillax. Even though some, including myself, have made comments that made be considered as anti-sentimental towards a particular country and it's citizens remember this is all just for fun. I hope that no one is serious here. I a certainly am not, hence why most of my comments are followed by the ubiquitious "Lol!"

Afterall, were'nt the UK and the United States Allies in WWII when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

Peace good friends and brothers. All M5's are created equal, it's just that some of us like to dress it up and play with them, like little girls do with their barbie dolls. I guess I have Malibu Barbie since I live in SoCal. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #33
gsc
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 Porsche Turbo

Not feeling those rims and personally would have gone with HRE's.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #34
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsc View Post
Not feeling those rims and personally would have gone with HRE's.
Ok cool. Yeah HRE's...well there are many to choose from so I don't know which ones you speak of. They are very nice and well made wheels. The only problem I have with them is between the F10 and the E60, everyone gets them. I can't recall which model number, but there are two models that I see many people put on their car. I wanted to set my self aside. I like to be different.

I do appreciate it that you didn't call them vulgar though

Last edited by Pazzo009; 03-20-2013 at 06:26 PM.. Reason: a
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #35
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Well, I invite you to not group anyone into racist or nationalist crap that others post.

I did read the rest of your post and I for one did not believe a word of your sheepish "apology" to cover your comments. People say things for a reason and you said them. You can have opinions, fine. No one sets the rules as to how you comment on here except the moderators. But if you choose to call someone's taste "vulgar" then prepare yourself for strong rebuttal. Most of us would say "not feeling them" or "don't like" or "not my taste but congrats on the effort". If it's a language barrier, that is very cool and I apologize. This is an international forum. However, when strong comments are followed by additional off color remarks like "You Americans", it becomes hard to believe. Additionally, you decided to include a response to me using such words as "ignorant" and "righteous". I am neither. I also did not go there with you. I simply commented on the out of line tone of your responses in more than one thread lately. I actually REMEMBERED your name from other threads because of your insulting choice of words.

I truly hope I am incorrect with my assumptions regarding your intentions. Not here to create bad feelings.
Definition of vulgar: Lacking sophistication or good taste; unrefined.

You are not correct, and no worries you didn't create 'bad feelings' to me either, but I'm certain those other comments did to others and were not reacted to by the "minority" that they offended, and did so in a much more brutal way than mine could have possibly done. My apology stands to anyone my comment could have offended, as does my view of wheels seemingly popular in America to be lacking sophistication or good taste, being unrefined, defined as vulgar. I didn't understand what you mean with 'sheepis' apology and I never offended anyone in other posts, feel free to elaborate or don't speculate please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Dudes, chillax. Even though some, including myself, have made comments that made be considered as anti-sentimental towards a particular country and it's citizens remember this is all just for fun. I hope that no one is serious here. I a certainly am not, hence why most of my comments are followed by the ubiquitious "Lol!"

Afterall, were'nt the UK and the United States Allies in WWII when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!

Peace good friends and brothers. All M5's are created equal, it's just that some of us like to dress it up and play with them, like little girls do with their barbie dolls. I guess I have Malibu Barbie since I live in SoCal. Lol!
It's all good, I understood that you had no bad intentions from the reply in that same topic, just showed referred to it among many other examples when something shouldn't be taken close to heart.

By the way it was Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor, not Germans.

Last edited by singularity; 03-20-2013 at 06:40 PM.. Reason: Clarifying wheel style
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:02 PM   #36
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

LOL...Holy shit...If I knew posting pics of my car was gonna turn into this bullshit I would have thought twice. I was over it but now that you still stand behind your proclamation and felt compelled to write out the definition of "vulgar" fortifies your conveyance of audacity. I really don't give a shit because I love the way my car looks and it's unique. What everyone on here is trying to say is that if you don't like something on a car, keep rude comments to yourself, or be more tasteful. You failed to display that in many aspects of your initial comment. Do you know how many times I see people on this forum and others do lame or ugly things to their car. I just don't comment. It serves no purpose to tell someone that their car looks ugly. I understand this is a forum and people share ideas, concepts, pictures etc...But as enthusiasts we all share a common respect. Most share constructive criticism or keep things to themselves.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:19 PM   #37
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Definition of vulgar: Lacking sophistication or good taste; unrefined.

You are not correct, and no worries you didn't create 'bad feelings' to me either, but I'm certain those other comments did to others and were not reacted to by the "minority" that they offended, and did so in a much more brutal way than mine could have possibly done. My apology stands to anyone my comment could have offended, as does my view of wheels seemingly popular in America to be lacking sophistication or good taste, being unrefined, defined as vulgar. I didn't understand what you mean with 'sheepis' apology and I never offended anyone in other posts, feel free to elaborate or don't speculate please.
Well, to remove any "speculation" here are a few fine examples you posted:

Painted grills - not a good idea. Stock chrome outline looks good, while paint matched makes it look like 2 misplaced holes.
Painted door handles - why would you do that?
Wheels - unaesthetic, you guys don't get it

Could have summed it all up by saying "Not really my taste" instead of basically saying "Why would you do that IDIOT?" and "You guys don't get it FOOLS"

Man this wheel thing really rubs you wrong.

Ugh..let's just move on now.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #38
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
LOL...Holy shit...If I knew posting pics of my car was gonna turn into this bullshit I would have thought twice. I was over it but now that you still stand behind your proclamation and felt compelled to write out the definition of "vulgar" fortifies your conveyance of audacity. I really don't give a shit because I love the way my car looks and it's unique. What everyone on here is trying to say is that if you don't like something on a car, keep rude comments to yourself, or be more tasteful. You failed to display that in many aspects of your initial comment. Do you know how many times I see people on this forum and others do lame or ugly things to their car. I just don't comment. It serves no purpose to tell someone that their car looks ugly. I understand this is a forum and people share ideas, concepts, pictures etc...But as enthusiasts we all share a common respect. Most share constructive criticism or keep things to themselves.
Please go take a ride in your fantastic car and don't overreact, you are overreacting.

I found something not to my liking and commented on it. No, I don't say "not feeling it" and other tender romantic words. Must be a cultural difference. Those "inbred russians and arabs whose money can't buy taste" were clearly more resistant and mature enough with their reaction (or lack of it) to groundless comments in their address.

Quote:
Well, to remove any "speculation" here are a few fine examples you posted:

Painted grills - not a good idea. Stock chrome outline looks good, while paint matched makes it look like 2 misplaced holes.
Painted door handles - why would you do that?
Wheels - unaesthetic, you guys don't get it

Could have summed it all up by saying "Not really my taste" instead of basically saying "Why would you do that IDIOT?" and "You guys don't get it FOOLS"

Man this wheel thing really rubs you wrong.

Ugh..let's just move on now.
I don't see anything insulting in those posts. I wanted to understand why those changes are done, reasons behind those modifications. When a BMW designer makes changes to the car, they explain what was the goal and achievement behind a change such as stance, road presence, aggressiveness, matching, harmony, aesthetics etc. For example I have black grills on my car and Eisenmann 90 mm exhaust. Grills make the nostrils look bigger and I find it to look more aggressive, whereas chrome can't be easily seen on a white car, and exhaust tips on stock I found to be too small compared to car's proportions.

Just ignore my opinion for wheels I disliked all wheels with spikes on them, I'll just not reply to wheel topics anymore, it's your cars and your money to spend on them.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #39
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

Quote:
By the way it was Japanese who bombed Pearl Harbor, not Germans.
Haha I'm sure he knows that, that's why used the emoticon, another example of how things can get misinterpreted between cultures lol.
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:02 PM   #40
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Thanks..I think my car is fantastic
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #41
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

Quote:
Dude the fourth pic looks badass!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #42
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Except for the wheels-lol!
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #43
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Except for the wheels-lol!
Well Played sir
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2013, 08:09 PM   #44
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Please go take a ride in your fantastic car and don't overreact, you are overreacting.

I found something not to my liking and commented on it. No, I don't say "not feeling it" and other tender romantic words. Must be a cultural difference. Those "inbred russians and arabs whose money can't buy taste" were clearly more resistant and mature enough with their reaction (or lack of it) to groundless comments in their address.

I don't see anything insulting in those posts. I wanted to understand why those changes are done, reasons behind those modifications. When a BMW designer makes changes to the car, they explain what was the goal and achievement behind a change such as stance, road presence, aggressiveness, matching, harmony, aesthetics etc. For example I have black grills on my car and Eisenmann 90 mm exhaust. Grills make the nostrils look bigger and I find it to look more aggressive, whereas chrome can't be easily seen on a white car, and exhaust tips on stock I found to be too small compared to car's proportions.

Just ignore my opinion for wheels I disliked all wheels with spikes on them, I'll just not reply to wheel topics anymore, it's your cars and your money to spend on them.
All good man. I honestly think it is nothing more than a misinterpreted difference in language. After reading this that is more clear. Friends?
Appreciate 0