BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-05-2015, 11:07 PM   #1
Punitive
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Transmission DCT issues

My car is a '13 with approx 33k miles. When the car is cold I get a judder when reversing. The transmission is also extremely lazy on the 3-2-1 downshift in auto comfort mode. When I go to sport plus auto it becomes jerky. I remember the car being buttery smooth. Zero launch controls on car.

I have complained to the dealer 3 times about this now, requesting the clutch kiss point adaption as others have suggested on here, which they refuse to do. They keep looking for software updates and most recently said the transmission was .5 liter low on fluid which didn't help anything. I have tried also a nearby dealer which was no help either. Any suggestion on what to do?
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 10:51 AM   #2
Speed808Ix
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F10 BMW M5

I would call the other dealers in your area and see what they say, I would try to do everything over the phone. My 13' M5 Did that with 16k miles on it but then I got the Dodson CPs.
2015 BMW M///5 Comp. Package I Black Sapphire Metalic I Full Black Leather I Gruppe M Intakes I 3D Design Side Skirts I HRE FF01 I RKP Lip I IND Cosmetic Pkg I JB4 BETA I BMS Meth SS I MSR CP I Challenge SS Brake Lines I Challenge Diffuser I Undercover DP's I Dodson Clutch Packs I VRS GTS Tips I M Perf. Carbon Mirrors, Spoiler and Full Interior +++
698 WHP & 653 WTRQ (Corrected)
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2015, 02:31 PM   #3
Sirius Black
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 M3

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [5.00]
I get that same shudder in reverse. Just chalked it up as normal. Anyone else experiencing this, or have had it checked out???
      08-07-2015, 09:15 AM   #4
13M5F10
Hide! My wife's coming!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M5 | MSR Stage 3

No shudder in reverse but did notice while cruising in the parking lot today in Sport S3, I got some shudder in 2nd gear when accelerating after a speed bump. Happened three times. Felt as if I was driving an M6 and starting in a high gear which starts to shudder/buck.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2015, 12:13 PM   #5
HXS
Licensed Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

No shudder in reverse either but I do get a slight shudder when accelerating hard sometimes. It's slight so it doesn't really bother me much.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 12:26 AM   #6
alvinabed
First Lieutenant
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: 13 AWSO M5,16 DGMR X5M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HXS View Post
No shudder in reverse either but I do get a slight shudder when accelerating hard sometimes. It's slight so it doesn't really bother me much.
+1
upgrades: RKP front spoiler, M performance carbon spoiler, 3D design rear carbon diffuser, KW HAS Sleeve Kit, Akrapovic Evolution Carbon tips, ind black LCI front and rear grills, GruppeM RAM intake, 20" HRE P104 satin charcoal with PSS tires)
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 04:12 AM   #7
johntomferg
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly drove a 13 F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punitive View Post
My car is a '13 with approx 33k miles. When the car is cold I get a judder when reversing. The transmission is also extremely lazy on the 3-2-1 downshift in auto comfort mode. When I go to sport plus auto it becomes jerky. I remember the car being buttery smooth. Zero launch controls on car.

I have complained to the dealer 3 times about this now, requesting the clutch kiss point adaption as others have suggested on here, which they refuse to do. They keep looking for software updates and most recently said the transmission was .5 liter low on fluid which didn't help anything. I have tried also a nearby dealer which was no help either. Any suggestion on what to do?
Probably not your issue, but I will offer it just incase you want to check.

Do you notice it more when you are turning the wheels while reversing? If so, I had the same symptoms when the "shoulders" of the PSS were worn before my last tire replacement. Replacing the tires was all that was needed. But I felt it most in reverse when turning and going forward in low speed turns in parking lots.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 01:33 PM   #8
jimmy9980
BMW DRIVER ///M
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW 2017 M2 07/16 Build

Bring it to the dealer most of the time software updates can fix these issues.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 03:18 PM   #9
Mgone
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Thats the only thing i hate dct issues.
Good thing i hv Manual. But hv your clutch look at and have them reprogram software
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 03:08 PM   #10
us_matrix
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: MY14 M5 Black Sapphire

I have even worst experience on my MY14. Every once in a while if i leave the car for longer than 5 days. The car will not move at all when in reverse. So I have to rev it really hard until I hear a really loud breaking metal sound, once it move the car drives normal. I have the dealer look at it but never able to reproduce the issue. It only happens every once in a while.... Anyone has this kind of problem?
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 05:34 PM   #11
Mgone
Banned
Rep
Drives: X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by us_matrix View Post
I have even worst experience on my MY14. Every once in a while if i leave the car for longer than 5 days. The car will not move at all when in reverse. So I have to rev it really hard until I hear a really loud breaking metal sound, once it move the car drives normal. I have the dealer look at it but never able to reproduce the issue. It only happens every once in a while.... Anyone has this kind of problem?
its your HandBrake, I have that Issue too once i wash the car i park it. give it a day the pads seems to stick on the rotor, its normal for me, and I think thats Normal if you hear the metal kind a releasing, thats just your caliper opening up.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 05:38 PM   #12
HXS
Licensed Drug Dealer
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgone View Post
its your HandBrake, I have that Issue too once i wash the car i park it. give it a day the pads seems to stick on the rotor, its normal for me, and I think thats Normal if you hear the metal kind a releasing, thats just your caliper opening up.
+1 yep it's just the brake pad sticking to the rotor.
Appreciate 0