M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

01-24-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
sealionbeast
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Steering, suspension, and alignment problems.

My car has less than 1000 miles and I am having an issue with the steering wheel . My steering wheel seems to be off by 10 or 15 degrees. When the car is going straight the steering wheel is turned slightly to the right. The car is not pulling left or right if I take my hands off the wheel but the steering wheel is not straight. I brought it in for service and they checked it out and did the alignment. They said they centered the steering wheel and did the alignment and everything checked out. I describe it as the steering wheel not being straight and the service tech describes it as pulling hard left. They said they have to replace one of the control arms on the left side because the camber is wrong. They said for M5's the control arms come in three different sizes or variations. Every car I have before and the alignment was done they have been able to straighten out the steering wheel. I am perplexed and hesitant that they have to start replacing suspension parts on a new car. What do you guys think? Any thoughts? Anyone have a similar issue?

Last edited by sealionbeast; 01-25-2015 at 12:21 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 09:05 AM   #2
bimmer-boy
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330 e46 Vert, Bmw ind F10

Sorry to hear of your issue, out of curiosity what are your roads like you have been driving on?

Pot holes? Speed bumps?

They can all contribute to alignment issues

Malcolm X
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2015, 12:03 PM   #3
PhilT3
6'0 / 250lb
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

The control arms on the M5 are not adjustable. They DO come in different sizes.
Mods: SunTek CXP tint - Vinyl-wrapped door handle chrome - Macht Schnell 12mm spacers - Pedalhaus pedals - iND Cosmetic Package - Polished 90mm exh tips - Coded by v12 - 21" HRE S107's polished lip/black center
Appreciate 0