M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

02-05-2017, 10:04 AM   #1
Oofie
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 13 FR-S

Thoughts on these 2?

Hi all,

New guy here thinking of purchasing an F10 in the next few months to replace a lease that I'm returning soon.

Found two that are local. Both 2014 and within a few thousand $$ of each other. I looked at both and drove both already. Condition of the two are very nice.

https://cargur.us/f4X4y - carfax -- MCB with 15k miles, $62k

https://cargur.us/f4X9h - carfax -- AW with 28k miles, $59.5k

I found the MCB to be nice because it has most of the options I wanted and low miles. Downside for me are -
1) warranty runs out this year as original in service date was September 2013
2) 2 owners with the last one just owning it for 3 months

The AW almost has all the options I want except for B&O, even has the 20" wheels that I really like. Almost double the miles of the MCB but has a 10 year/100k powertrain warranty (I'm assuming with Hendricks, not necessarily with BMW).

I'm leaning towards the Alpine white because it has a longer warranty period plus the 10yr/100k powertrain.

The only thing holding me back is that I've read over here that these cars tend to drop in price quite significantly, I'm not sure how much these will be around July/August. I still have 5 months to go on my current lease so I don't have to get a car right now.

Last thing, how much would you guys offer the dealerships for either car? I was thinking of offering $53k + TTL on the alpine white. Is that too aggressive?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2017, 12:09 PM   #2
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Bmw

I would definitely go with MCB. Its a M color. It also have lower miles. In fact I just picked up a MCB/SS last week from CA. It has mostly all the goodies. I did pick up a CPO for a peace of mind. You never know when something might go wrong with these cars. I paid $59k+ttl. I would recommend to get a CPO if you can.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 07:29 AM   #3
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

Funny, both Hirenarora and I both bought CA cars and had them shipped east, his a MCB and mine AW.

I would ask more questions about the warranty on both. See why they didn't CPO the MCB one and how much it would cost if added. For the AW, see if the CPO is through BMW or Hendrick (side note that Hendrick is based in Charlotte and has a good reputation). Warranty was definately a huge factor in my decision which is why I purchased out of state.

as far as color, it's up to personal preference and looks like the AW has competition package and the wheels while the tradeoff is lower mileage on the MCB.

best of luck - looks like both are good choices...
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2017, 09:13 AM   #4
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast27 View Post
Funny, both Hirenarora and I both bought CA cars and had them shipped east, his a MCB and mine AW.

I would ask more questions about the warranty on both. See why they didn't CPO the MCB one and how much it would cost if added. For the AW, see if the CPO is through BMW or Hendrick (side note that Hendrick is based in Charlotte and has a good reputation). Warranty was definately a huge factor in my decision which is why I purchased out of state.

as far as color, it's up to personal preference and looks like the AW has competition package and the wheels while the tradeoff is lower mileage on the MCB.

best of luck - looks like both are good choices...
At this point only CPO makes sense. You never know what could go wrong with these cars.
Appreciate 1
Beast27357.00
      02-10-2017, 08:30 PM   #5
Oofie
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks Beast and Hirenarora!

The MCB is being sold by a Porsche dealer so CPO is out of the question. If I were to go with the MCB, I would have to get a third party warranty. By the way, the Porsche dealership just reduced the price to $60k.

For the AW, I was told that the powertrain warranty is through Hendricks, so it's not really BMW CPO. I might go back to the AW tomorrow and check if they can CPO it.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 08:41 PM   #6
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oofie View Post

The MCB is being sold by a Porsche dealer so CPO is out of the question. If I were to go with the MCB, I would have to get a third party warranty. By the way, the Porsche dealership just reduced the price to $60k.

For the AW, I was told that the powertrain warranty is through Hendricks, so it's not really BMW CPO. I might go back to the AW tomorrow and check if they can CPO it.
If I was you i would totally jump on any of these being both certified
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 08:45 PM   #7
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Also BMW is offering $1k retail credit and .9% apr on all 3,4, and 5 series.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #8
Oofie
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks man! I found another one, a bit of a drive from me but still local:

http://www.stevenscreekbmw.com/certi...928e9d143a.htm

CPO Singapore Gray with SO interior. $65k with 21k miles. I might have to look at this one over the weekend...
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 09:15 PM   #9
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Thanks man! I found another one, a bit of a drive from me but still local:

http://www.stevenscreekbmw.com/certi...928e9d143a.htm

CPO Singapore Gray with SO interior. $65k with 21k miles. I might have to look at this one over the weekend...
Really good packages on this one. I love this one.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 08:27 PM   #10
Beast27
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Alpine White/Black CP

Looking forward to the pictures of the one you purchase!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 12:25 AM   #11
Eddybro
Captain
Rep
Drives: Melbourne e90 and SG e92

Nice buys. I would go with MCB. After looking at this thread I might just put my car back to stock and sell it, instead of giving it up with all the goodies.
      02-13-2017, 03:49 PM   #12
Hirenarora
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddybro View Post
Nice buys. I would go with MCB. After looking at this thread I might just put my car back to stock and sell it, instead of giving it up with all the goodies.
I had SO before. The MCB with silverstone is such a bad ass combo. I have had it for 2 weeks and loving it.
Appreciate 0