04-17-2013, 05:50 PM   #67
nugent
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedwheel View Post
On the BMW Build site base price $ 95,000.00 = $ 106,475.00. Must have similar options for $ 11,000.00 more. I must have gone to the wrong college. Happy hour must have started early today.

dude, i paid 97K for mine. B and O, exec package, 20" wheels. give it a rest. you like your 550, congratulations. a well equipped m5 is under 100k, period.

Appreciate 0
      04-17-2013, 07:11 PM   #68
buildbright
Major
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by nugent View Post
dude, i paid 97K for mine. B and O, exec package, 20" wheels. give it a rest. you like your 550, congratulations. a well equipped m5 is under 100k, period.
Thank you. I hate people make up their own math to justify the decision. I wonder if waits outside the BMW dealership. "Hey your getting ripped off buy a 550i because X drive is like having a M5 LSD." lol
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #69
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

These 550i guys are something else trolling the M5 forums consistently preaching about the 550i. Do they not get we don't care and we have the superior all around package?

I wonder if the 535i guys do the same thing to the 550i guys.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #70
Tourbillon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 S550, '13 4S, '11 E550

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjackson1906 View Post
I had a '12 550 before I got my M5. I thought about getting the dinan stuff done to the 550, but after driving the two, the M5 was the clear winner (at least to me). I do agree w/WingedWheel that you can come out cheaper with a dinan 550, but I think the margin is probably a little less than $24k (more like $15K) if you equip the 550 with all of the things you get on the M5. So in the end I see WingedWheel's point, but I also noticed a difference in the two and went with the M5.

With regard to my original post, it seems opinions vary on a suitable stand-in for the F10 M5. After reading some of these posts, I think three really stand out:

- 2014 Audi RS7 - should be here in the states sometime this year and for those of us who can't fit into anything remotely the size of a 911, this would be a good choice.

- 2014 MB E63 AMG- looks like it will be a beast and for those who like AWD & performance, this looks like a solid contender.

- 2013 M6 Coupe - I probably would prefer the M3 Coupe or new M4 Coupe, but I'm tall and my bias won't let me pick any of those small cars.

With regard to the Porsche Panny a lot people referenced, it looks good from the front, but that backside looks like a nice model that you see out on the street and then you see her backside is struggling to hold on only due to a pair of Spanx... The M6 GC looks promising, but headroom, the metal around the windows (I'm sure there is some technical term for it) and cheesy lights kill it for me. Thanks to all who have commented thus far.
I agree, 2014 Audi RS7 top choice and then 2014 Merc E63 AMG second if the F10 M5 did not exist. Anbody know if they are bringing the 2014 Audi RS6 here to the U.S.? Last I could tell they are not going to bring it here for some weird reason.
Audi is simply too stupid. They never bring their highly desirable cars here for whatever reason. I remember waiting for years for them in the past to bring their twin turbo V-10 RS6 here and they never did.

Was a shame too as it would have destroyed all the competition in that time period and even today. Imagine the sound and modding potential coupled with AWD traction.

They never make wise decisions.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 09:39 AM   #71
nynd
Captain
Rep
Drives: X7 M8 Convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertEagle50 View Post
Speaking of CTS-V. I think they took the transmission from a semi truck. It's a fucking awful car.
Ouch - The Cadillac V isn't all the bad considering the price point it sits at. I've had an auto and 6spd manual and they are fun to drive and at the end of the day, all it comes down to is how much of a smile these cars put on our faces!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 09:54 AM   #72
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourbillon View Post
Audi is simply too stupid. They never bring their highly desirable cars here for whatever reason. I remember waiting for years for them in the past to bring their twin turbo V-10 RS6 here and they never did.

Was a shame too as it would have destroyed all the competition in that time period and even today. Imagine the sound and modding potential coupled with AWD traction.

They never make wise decisions.
Audi has said recently that full S and RS models are coming to the US. They know they've missed out.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 09:55 AM   #73
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

I had a 2011 550i. That must have been the biggest POS ever. Huge mistake!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #74
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Mexico Blue F10 M5(Mika)

Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
Audi has said recently that full S and RS models are coming to the US. They know they've missed out.
Actually this is true except that have already stated that they are not bringing the RS6 Avant here to the states because of dismal wagon sales here. My point before is that I thought they weren't even going to bring the RS6 Sedan here to the states and just the RS7 fast back, but it turns out that Audi is not even developing an RS6 Sedan at all for this generation of RS6. They are only making the RS6 Avant and RS7. At least the U.S. will get the RS7, but I'd rather have an RS6 Sedan. I guess the 2013 Audi S6 is enough. Lol!

Also the reason why they never brought the previous generations RS6 Sedan with the Twin Turbo V10 here to the states is that it would have been too expensive to get the emissions federalized.

When I was in Germany last year doing Euro Delivery I got extremely lucky and I got to see not just 1 but 2, Audi RS6 Avants in Munich. The second one I saw I got to get close up to and take good pictures. Just seeing one in real life was awesome, especially knowing that there was a Twin Turbo V10 under that hood, but after seeing one in the flesh I wasn't that impressed afterall. The RS6 Avant that I saw was just too understated. It had a couple badges here and there, but it just looked too plain jain. I like a little extra flare over the regular chassis, but this is not to say that the 2014 RS7 and RS6 Avant don't have this flare, because I think they do. Anyways, my 2 cents based off my personal experience.

Last edited by RPiM5; 04-18-2013 at 10:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 10:38 AM   #75
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
Actually this is true except that have already stated that they are not bringing the RS6 Avant here to the states because of dismal wagon sales here. My point before is that I thought they weren't even going to bring the RS6 Sedan here to the states and just the RS7 fast back, but it turns out that Audi is not even developing an RS6 Sedan at all for this generation of RS6. They are only making the RS6 Avant and RS7. At least the U.S. will get the RS7, but I'd rather have an RS6 Sedan. I guess the 2013 Audi S6 is enough. Lol!
Every vehicle won't sense. I guess they want you to get the caddy.
They are coming bro. If I remember correctly its a 3 or 5 year plan that has already started. They are coming. It was a motor trend interview and another magazine from a few months.

The US is the biggest market for HP toys. Not sure why they wouldn't have high profit toys here years ago.
      04-18-2013, 10:43 AM   #76
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Every vehicle won't sense. I guess they want you to get the caddy.
They are coming bro. If I remember correctly its a 3 or 5 year plan that has already started. They are coming. It was a motor trend interview and another magazine from a few months.

The US is the biggest market for HP toys. Not sure why they wouldn't have high profit toys here years ago.
So you are saying that Audi is developing and is going to bring a 2014 RS6 Sedan here to the United States? If this is true, I can't find anything that supports it. Can you provide evidence or details? I've love to run one on the street in the near future. Thank bro!

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #77
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
So you are saying that Audi is developing and is going to bring a 2014 RS6 Sedan here to the United States? If this is true, I can't find anything that supports it. Can you provide evidence or details? I've love to run one on the street in the near future. Thank bro!
Didn't say that at all. Maybe that wagon doesn't make sense for Audi. I meant the big S and RS models are coming. But whatever does make sense is coming. I could care less what they bring. We have plenty of choice here already. That's not including a stage 4 550i.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #78
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
That's not including a stage 4 550i.
Haha!

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #79
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingedwheel View Post
Hurry up and call your dealer to order that 2014 M5 LCI. Keep saturating the market with the next best model. Actually the smart buyers let the idiots keep jumping to the latest and greatest and then buy a overly depreciated car at a great price.
i don't own a dealer. Why would I call my dealer?
Appreciate 0