M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

06-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #67
zachb12
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M5 Black Sapphire

omg
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2013, 08:52 AM   #68
kc52ar
AR
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 M3 Fzn Wht, 21 M340i xDrv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate@IND View Post
Please ignore the 3M tape on the bumper cover

Eisenmann Race 4x102mm tips
Eisenmann center pipes
AMS Performance catless downpipes

Video with the music removed

Great melodies...is this a Mineral White M5?
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2013, 11:20 AM   #69
Ryan@IND
United_States
Rep
Drives: ACR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kc52ar View Post
Great melodies...is this a Mineral White M5?
Thanks for the compliments.

The car is painted Lamborghini Balloon white
      06-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #70
ddrreeww
Enlisted Member
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10M5 Monte Carlo Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I have spacers on my catless downpipes and they didn't work. I just put a sticker over my CEL on the instrument cluster so I never see it anymore. Out of sight out of mind I always say.

As a side note, ESS is the only tuner I know of so far that has plans for their upcoming tune to include a CEL light delete as well.
doesn't current eurocharged tune also offer "cel free" with catless dp as well??

sometimes i hav a Qs to myself if i should go for eurocharged tune now or wait for ess one (but dont know why it takes longer than others to release). its the top speed limit thats i really wanna remove 1st.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #71
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 DG/Aragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@IND View Post
Thank guys.
Very hard to capture the essence of the beast
It does sound great, but for those of us who have been slow to jump on an aftermarket exhaust system, it would be very interesting to hear how the stock exhaust system would sound with just the addition of the catless downpipes. With that as a base we could then determine if we want to either change the mufflers, delete the mufflers, or some other variation. I realize there is little incentive for IND to revert their wonderful car back to the stock exhaust just as a sound test to see if potential customers might be satisfied with just the catless downpipe. But, you might end up selling many more downpipes, especially after the ESS tune comes out, if the sound is close to a $5,000+ exhaust system with just the dp change. And more HP in the bargain!

Have you had any customers buy your catless dp and install it with the stock exhaust? Any sound clips of that configuration?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #72
BIG~BLUE~BMW
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR,F10 M5

well i just got mine in from agency power. cant wait to do the install. not sure if ill do it my self or find a shop to just do it. i have a muffler delete now and i think its ganna be insanely loud, but i cant wait. im a vender for them as well. also my h&r springs came in so ill have a busy weekend. lol ; } ooo and i cant forget my wheel spacers.....
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #73
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

AMS Catted DP's

Any sound/video clips out there with the catted AMS DP's??? This is what I am ordering today/tomorrow. Anything out there, Nate??
2020 Chev. ZR2 Bison truck, Daily Driver
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #74
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used2be View Post
It does sound great, but for those of us who have been slow to jump on an aftermarket exhaust system, it would be very interesting to hear how the stock exhaust system would sound with just the addition of the catless downpipes. With that as a base we could then determine if we want to either change the mufflers, delete the mufflers, or some other variation. I realize there is little incentive for IND to revert their wonderful car back to the stock exhaust just as a sound test to see if potential customers might be satisfied with just the catless downpipe. But, you might end up selling many more downpipes, especially after the ESS tune comes out, if the sound is close to a $5,000+ exhaust system with just the dp change. And more HP in the bargain!

Have you had any customers buy your catless dp and install it with the stock exhaust? Any sound clips of that configuration?
This is a very good point, and one i have thought about myself. Because the standard silencers/mufflers are quite unrestricted with sound deadening etc, ive wondered how the car would sound, with the center resonators removed, and/or, the downpipes removed. I remember changing the secondary cats on my TT RS, and the sound it gave was fantastic, a real explosion on WOT gearchange. Im wondering if the M5s exhaust would be just as characterful, with changing other parts,rather than just the rear silencers ?. I personally havent rushed out and bought any exhaust parts yet, as the above points are on my mind, regards, SIMON.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 01:21 PM   #75
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon H View Post
This is a very good point, and one i have thought about myself. Because the standard silencers/mufflers are quite unrestricted with sound deadening etc, ive wondered how the car would sound, with the center resonators removed, and/or, the downpipes removed. I remember changing the secondary cats on my TT RS, and the sound it gave was fantastic, a real explosion on WOT gearchange. Im wondering if the M5s exhaust would be just as characterful, with changing other parts,rather than just the rear silencers ?. I personally havent rushed out and bought any exhaust parts yet, as the above points are on my mind, regards, SIMON.
What he said X 2.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2013, 04:00 PM   #76
MasterDank
Boats & Hoes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5 Sakhir Orang,Chohiba

Quote:
It does sound great, but for those of us who have been slow to jump on an aftermarket exhaust system, it would be very interesting to hear how the stock exhaust system would sound with just the addition of the catless downpipes.
Quote:
I remember changing the secondary cats on my TT RS, and the sound it gave was fantastic, a real explosion on WOT gearchange. Im wondering if the M5s exhaust would be just as characterful, with changing other parts,rather than just the rear silencers ?. I personally haven't rushed out and bought any exhaust parts yet, as the above points are on my mind, regards, SIMON.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
What he said X 2.
Seems like you three should answer your question as someone has to be first and most the customers interested have other exhaust mods.. Sounds amazing with the full exhaust worst thing possible you buy a muffler delete or exhaust as well.

Aloha
Alex
      07-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #77
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDank View Post
Seems like you three should answer your question as someone has to be first and most the customers interested have other exhaust mods.. Sounds amazing with the full exhaust worst thing possible you buy a muffler delete or exhaust as well.

Aloha
Alex
Good points and I was tempted, but I want to have the CEL defeated somehow, wouldn't even have to be a HP increase with a tune, just the CEL out of the picture with the exhaust gasses, and the speed limit defeated as well. I don't know if the car has 200 mph in it while stock with just the catless downpipes, but it would be exciting to see. Realistically I doubt any shop is going to release those two things without a tune attached, and if that is the case, a tune it will be!
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #78
MasterDank
Boats & Hoes
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 F10 M5 Sakhir Orang,Chohiba

Quote:
Good points and I was tempted, but I want to have the CEL defeated somehow, wouldn't even have to be a HP increase with a tune, just the CEL out of the picture with the exhaust gasses, and the speed limit defeated as well. I don't know if the car has 200 mph in it while stock with just the catless downpipes, but it would be exciting to see. Realistically I doubt any shop is going to release those two things without a tune attached, and if that is the case, a tune it will be!
Tunes will come... Mini cats and or resistors will be the first answers to the CEL.... That and the steering wheel blocking it.

Aloha
Alex
      07-04-2013, 09:06 AM   #79
bm5bullit
Captain
United_States
Rep

DP's

I guess I will find out next week. Ordered my AMS DP's with cats yesterday; based on my conversations with Nate and a couple of other tuners. I am looking for a throatier exhaust bark at mid and upper rpm ranges and especially the turbo "crack".
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #80
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
I guess I will find out next week. Ordered my AMS DP's with cats yesterday; based on my conversations with Nate and a couple of other tuners.
Congratulations, I'm sure that you'll see a change in engine response. Michigan doesn't have a smog check, yet, and from what I've read of turbocharged engines, they like to have as little restriction in the exhaust as possible for best performance. So in my case the catless DP is the choice. Did Nate, or the tuners you talked to, mention the difference in horsepower with the AMS cats over the stock version? Please report the exhaust sound change with the higher flowing cats and the stock mufflers!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 01:42 PM   #81
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Just to check guys, and be 100% sure, am i right in assuming that both primary, and secondary cats , are in the downpipes ?. Also, is there such a thing, or has anybody made, a resonator replacement pipe only ?. Ive just been studying the images of the rear silencer internals [ i know, i really ought to get a life ], and there is such little soundproofing in them, that they are nearly straight through as standard, so im thinking, that if the resonators are removed, that the desired effect, may be achieved ?. Although this may introduce a little drone ?, maybe someone better qualified than myself, would know more, regards, SIMON.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #82
Used2be
Perennial PFC
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Just to check guys, and be 100% sure, am i right in assuming that both primary, and secondary cats , are in the downpipes ?. Also, is there such a thing, or has anybody made, a resonator replacement pipe only ?
If you look through the Exhaust System Database at the beginning of this part of the forum you should find all the variables available to mix and match exhaust system parts. BMW does make sleeve clamps so we're able to cut the stock one-piece exhaust to replace some parts of it. I've also read that primary/secondary stock cats are in the downpipe, but have never seen a cutaway image to prove that. You'd think they'd want both cats between the sensors to have an accurate sample of the exhaust gasses, so I believe they are in the downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 12:46 PM   #83
AlphaAlpineM6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 & 2012 AMG CLS63

Garage List
Quote:

You make a good point. I too, am planning on retaining the stock exhaust system with just a catless downpipe for performance benefits. I don't want my exhaust to be too over the top.

I wonder if there's any rasp, rattle, or drone with the setup I mentioned above

2008 M3 Sedan + catless + Tune
2012 CLS63 AMG
2014 M6 Coupe + catless + KW V3
2015 Porsche GT3
, 2015 M3, all stock, 1/1 Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 12:48 PM   #84
AlphaAlpineM6
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW M6 & 2012 AMG CLS63

Garage List
Quote:
If you look through the Exhaust System Database at the beginning of this part of the forum you should find all the variables available to mix and match exhaust system parts. BMW does make sleeve clamps so we're able to cut the stock one-piece exhaust to replace some parts of it. I've also read that primary/secondary stock cats are in the downpipe, but have never seen a cutaway image to prove that. You'd think they'd want both cats between the sensors to have an accurate sample of the exhaust gasses, so I believe they are in the downpipe.
From my visual examination of my car it seems there's only one set of cats.

I cant be sure if primaries and secondaries are mated together but I can tell you I only see a single set, the downpipe.

2008 M3 Sedan + catless + Tune
2012 CLS63 AMG
2014 M6 Coupe + catless + KW V3
2015 Porsche GT3
, 2015 M3, all stock, 1/1 Space Grey
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #85
boots
Curve Thrasher
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw m5..White/Blk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAlpineM6 View Post
You make a good point. I too, am planning on retaining the stock exhaust system with just a catless downpipe for performance benefits. I don't want my exhaust to be too over the top.

Lets get her done bro. Were waiting to see the outcome. Will sound great.

Country run
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2014, 08:30 AM   #86
falsalem
Private First Class
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaAlpineM6 View Post

How's the setup. Please give us feedback if you've gone ahead with the install.
Appreciate 0