M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > F10 M5 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking, and European Delivery

01-20-2013, 08:07 AM   #1
ihc
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2103 F10 M5

M5 ordered, June ED!!

Just placed an order for my M5, for ED in mid-June.
Monte Carlo Blue, Full Silverstone, Anthracite
Bang & Olufsen
20" wheels

Went to my dealer with pricing list from bmwconfig.com
Got $2000 off Euro Delivery MSRP (ended up being slightly cheaper than US delivery invoice price).

Waiting for order to go through and receive production number.
Can't wait!!!
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2013, 08:21 AM   #2
B-1Pilot
Yankee Air Pirate
Rep
Drives: '14 M5 w/CP

First off congrats! I spent some time yesterday looking at M5s for my future order, and think you will love the car.

A question on ED pricing and negotiation.... the difference between ED MSRP and ED invoice for a similarly configured M5 is about $8k.

Are you saying that you paid about $6k over ED invoice?

For those that have done this, is this the norm? For other BMWs with higher rates of production you can negotiate down to $1-2K over Invoice. (heck, I got my 2013 3-series for under US Invoice, but readily acknowledge those are dime a dozen).

I understand that when the car was newly released, there was limited stock or build dates available... but at this point there seems to be market saturation (went to the local dealer yesterday and they had like 8 M5s sitting on the lot), and CAs should be more negotiable -- especially for and ED, which is essentially a paperwork drill.
      01-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #3
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post
First off congrats! I spent some time yesterday looking at M5s for my future order, and think you will love the car.

A question on ED pricing and negotiation.... the difference between ED MSRP and ED invoice for a similarly configured M5 is about $8k.

For those that have done this, is this the norm? For other BMWs with higher rates of production you can negotiate down to $1-2K over Invoice. (heck, I got my 2013 3-series for under US Invoice, but readily acknowledge those are dime a dozen).

I understand that when the car was newly released, there was limited stock or build dates available... but at this point there seems to be market saturation (went to the local dealer yesterday and they had like 8 M5s sitting on the lot), and CAs should be more negotiable -- especially for and ED, which is essentially a paperwork drill.
Many were getting 1-2k over ED invoice when ED was not coming out of allocation. As of now, ED does come out of dealer allocation but according to some, 1-2k over ED invoice is still possible, at some high volume dealershiops with particular salepeople.

I was trading in so buying out of state, like in Atlanta just wasnt an option. I also like having a face to face with someone im buying a $100k car from. I ended up getting $3k in addition to the ED discount, and was more than happy, since they offered me more than I expected on my trade in.

In the end, its what you want your sales experience to be. If you dont have a trade in and am willing to deal strictly over the phone, search the ED pricing threads and contact one of the dealers still willing to do 1-2k over invoice. The other thing for me was wanting to service the car at the dealership I bought at, have had issues in the past servicing at dealerships I did not buy at.

And when talking 1-2k over invoice, im sure for some thats not inclusive of guzzler tax.
      01-20-2013, 10:11 AM   #4
a90
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E88 125, E70 X5, R1150

Very nice, congrats !
BMW R1150r Rockster - 2003
Mercedes LP2223 - 1970 (http://www.lp2223.com)
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
ihc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-1 Pilot View Post

I was not sure how much to negotiate down from MSRP. I think I would have pushed harder if the ED program M5s were NOT coming out of the dealer's allocation (and I did confirm this with BMW Special Sales). In the end, I was happy paying less than ED MSRP for a very special car. Additionally, I did not feel like shopping around to different dealerships in different states, etc. as my dealership is ~ 3 miles from my house, very convenient, and they have always treated me well.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #6
neurom
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5 on order

When you are getting an M5 that haggling over 1-2k more to squeeze the dealer seems a waste of time and effort, feel happy you had a reasonable deal for both parties and that you have a relationship with your dealer who does not consider you a cheap shot and will therefore give you better service. Currently there are a lot of unsold M5's in dealers and therefore limited allocations for M5, probably no more than 20 left in the US, so you will likely have to wait a bit more than usual until BMW releases more M5 allocations for confirmation unless your dealer has an allocation in hand. I am on that same boat. Still with 5 months to go you will not have a problem. When is your date for ED? I am getting my M5 in June 21.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
ihc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by neurom View Post
When you are getting an M5 that haggling over 1-2k more to squeeze the dealer seems a waste of time and effort, feel happy you had a reasonable deal for both parties and that you have a relationship with your dealer who does not consider you a cheap shot and will therefore give you better service. Currently there are a lot of unsold M5's in dealers and therefore limited allocations for M5, probably no more than 20 left in the US, so you will likely have to wait a bit more than usual until BMW releases more M5 allocations for confirmation unless your dealer has an allocation in hand. I am on that same boat. Still with 5 months to go you will not have a problem. When is your date for ED? I am getting my M5 in June 21.
I echo your sentiments exactly -- when buying a $100K+ car, a couple thousand dollars doesn't make a huge difference. My ED date has not been set yet--my choices are June 18 or June 25 (depends on when my in-laws can come to watch the kids so me and my wife can enjoy a beautiful week in Germany, Lake Como, etc.).
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #8
neurom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihc View Post
My ED date has not been set yet--my choices are June 18 or June 25 (depends on when my in-laws can come to watch the kids so me and my wife can enjoy a beautiful week in Germany, Lake Como, etc.).

I am travelling with my two children (13 and 10) unless your inlaws can take care of them too. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
PatrickC23
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 991.1 911 GTS, '16 F85 X5M

Garage List
2013 BMW ///M5  [0.00]
Quote:
+1, I was very happy with my deal even tho it wasnt the best compared to others here. A lot of other factors need to be considered.
      02-17-2013, 11:12 PM   #10
ihc
Enlisted Member
Rep

My kids are 7 and 3. First trip away from them, so we want to maximize our experience in the short time we have. Scheduled for June 18 delivery. Will be staying at Villa d'Este at Lake Como, and Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo (I had to do this since I got the MCB color!!), with dropoff in Nice. Confirmed with car transporter that my car will go back to Germany by truck.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 03:15 PM   #11
neurom
Enlisted Member
Rep

Mine is June 21, will dropoff in Nice too, wave if you see a SG M5. Enjoy!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2013, 05:09 PM   #12
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
Mine is June 21, will dropoff in Nice too, wave if you see a SG M5. Enjoy!
Nice is a much better place to stay to drop off the M5 as the drop off place is very close to Nice's Arenas airport. Monaco (especially the neigborhood of Monte Carlo) is a place to visit but not drive around/park with your new M5 unless you don't mind getting a nick/dent or two or three. Parking space is horrible even if you can pay the approx. Euro 35 - 40/day private parking at the Monte Carlo hotels. I had difficulty finding vacant indoor parking space especially so in Monte Carlo. Although I did find one, I changed my mind and left as the parking space was so tight. If you are able to get space with other cars parked parallel to yours, you may have difficulty getting out of your car. If you get lucky enough to park in an area with vacant adjacent spaces, for sure, when you get back those vacant spaces will be gone; pray that the people who parked beside you don't bang their car doors with yours when they get out (I doubt they will be careful just for your new car's sake). I got so frustrated looking for parking that first morning we went that I finally decided to return to Nice and parked at our hotel and just took car service and be dropped off in Monte Carlo. During my prep for my October 2012 ED, I had intended to stay in Monaco/Monte Carlo for 3 days but changed my reservations and opted to stay in Nice. Thanks to the info given by a friend who lives in Nice. It would have been super had he also advised me beforehand, not to dare drive my new M5 into Monaco/Monte Carlo. Anyway, Monaco/Monte Carlo is just 10 miles from Nice. There are "limo" transport services you can take from you Nice hotel, if you want to go in style. If you want to be adventurous, you can even take the public bus (cost is Euro 1 each way) or the train (cost is approx. Euro 4 each way). We tried the bus on the way back to our Nice hotel. I already had the chance taking the train on previous trips.

Anyway, congrats and good luck.
      02-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #13
ihc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Thanks for the advice nybimmerfan. Where would you recommend staying in Nice? We will only be staying one night in Monte Carlo - would the Hotel de Paris not have adequate parking space if one stays as a guest of the hotel?

I would be open to a hotel in Nice if there is a really nice one equivalent to the Hotel de Paris (for my wife's sake that is...)
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #14
nybimmerfan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6-Spd Manual MCB M5

Quote:
I would be open to a hotel in Nice if there is a really nice one equivalent to the Hotel de Paris (for my wife's sake that is...)
The hotel that comes to mind that may equal the Hotel de Paris would be the Hotel Negresco in Nice. I have not had the chance to stay there but friends gave it excellent ratings (if your like antique furnishings). I have stayed at the Hotel de Paris in Monte Carlo twice before. It is a hotel to behold especially Chef Alain Ducasse's restaurant Louis XV. Food there is excellent, commensurate with the prices. The hotel decor just spews of oppulence which kind of reminded me of some of the rooms in the Château de Fontainebleau outside Paris. During my ED in October, we stayed at a more down to earth hotel, the Novotel Nice Arenas, just across the airport as we had an early morning Nice-Paris-New York flight. Rooms are big and the indoor parking space is excellent -- the main reason I chose the hotel as advised by a friend who did ED and stayed at this hotel. Behind the hotel is a gas station with a carwash where you can have your M5 washed before the dropping if off. Two streets (big blocks) behind the hotel is the area of the drop off place which is quite hidden as it is not on the main street but inside an alley. I went into the alley as the GPS gave the indication "you have arrived" but only found a Peugeot dealership/garage. Confident with my French, I talked to the guys there and was lead to the BMW drop off place which is behind an automated gate. There was hardly any indication that it was the BMW drop off place.

BTW, most hotels in Nice and Monaco do not provide for free indoor parking for their guests. Most hotels charge private parking for Euro 8 - 13 per day; expect to pay Euro 35+/day for parking at the luxury hotels.
      04-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #15
mdevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 (Ordered)

Garage List
Quote:
Just placed an order for my M5, for ED in mid-June.
Monte Carlo Blue, Full Silverstone, Anthracite
Bang & Olufsen
20" wheels

Went to my dealer with pricing list from bmwconfig.com
Got $2000 off Euro Delivery MSRP (ended up being slightly cheaper than US delivery invoice price).

Waiting for order to go through and receive production number.
Can't wait!!!
Congrats for your purchase!!!

I also ordered M5 for ED on June 7th
Color : Sakhir Orange Metallic
Interior: Sakhir Orange / Black Merino Leather
its going to be slow 2 months ..
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #16
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

Congrats to both the OP and @mdevil. You guys will have a blast...here is some reading to keep you occupied - my ED review from back last year:

http://www.ccibophoto.com/2012/10/2012-ed-review.html

Not to far off from your June delivery!
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2013, 12:19 PM   #17
mdevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post
Congrats to both the OP and @mdevil. You guys will have a blast...here is some reading to keep you occupied - my ED review from back last year:

Great review!!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:12 PM   #18
mdevil
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M54ccibo View Post

Finally car went into production today .. another few weeks to fly for ED
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
M54ccibo
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 GT4

NICE!
'10 E60 M5, Space Gray/Black
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
ihc
Enlisted Member
Rep

Great review!!!

My ED is June 18. Leaving on June 17 for Munich. Can't wait to get in the driver's seat and head off. Will try and take lots of pictures and post soon.

Thanks for the forum members' tips, advice, etc. Invaluable.
Appreciate 0