Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:49 PM   #2
MSPORTWORLD
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 MW/FR - '12 M3 FO/SC

Garage List
Wow those are bright in contrast to the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:51 PM   #3
mindlessmark07
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 F10 M5

Looking good!

MindlessMark07
///2013 M5 Alpine White/Black,Orange County CA\\\
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #4
Pazzo009
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M,M3(46&36),812SF

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSPORTWORLD View Post
Wow those are bright in contrast to the car.
Thank you, thats what I was going for. People typically go darker, like a gun metal which would have looked good, but I like contrast.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #5
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep
Drives: very well

Looks great.
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:02 AM   #6
Ahmed
Private First Class
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [1.00]
Love it. It's very 90's!

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 07:51 AM   #7
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
Love it. It's very 90's!
Very 90's??? Ummm Okay
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

Very cool design! It's like a monoblock but truly a 3pcs.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 10:44 AM   #9
Ahmed
Private First Class
Bahrain
Rep
Drives: 2013 C63 AMG

Garage List
1999 BMW M5  [1.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aculeg87 View Post
Very 90's??? Ummm Okay
My opinion!

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #10
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmed View Post
My opinion!
I understand. I guess I should have went for the ADV1 3 stars
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #11
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep

2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:31 PM   #12
LACSTER
Major General
Rep
Drives: Hybrid

He mad
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #13
///M ARMY
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: F90

looks good!
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:18 PM   #14
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Can't believe you guys (Americans) are so eager to change beautiful and sexy stock wheels for these vulgar wheels with bolts/screws around them (what those gangsta things are called) from HRE, ADV, BBS. American wheels were a fad, I had seen some of them 7-8 years ago and they lost popularity in only a few years, as did the neon lit wheels and circling gangsta wheels

All M5s that I've seen in Europe have stock wheels and keep stock wheels forever, they're considered to be harmonic and part of the car's design package which BMW's world class automotive designers work for years on. With respect to individual choice and tastes, I will never understand you and it pains me every time someone shows off his car with vulgar wheels. If you're not sure of how good your taste will look objectively, it's wise to let it be stock.

Last edited by singularity; 03-19-2013 at 04:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:37 PM   #15
Poleposition
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
United_States
Rep

Rough words singularity but based on the fact that the aftermarket wheel business is a billion dollar industry, there are many people who disagree with you. Your admission of being unable to understand is too bad for you. Same can be said for your choices to change your front grills from the chrome they came with to black or anything else youve done to your car for that matter. Its your car, your personal choice. I applaud someone who wants to personalize their car. It's a statement. It's shows some individuality. I guess your inability to understand this speaks volumes about your blandness and boring approach to life.

All the best
2024 i4 M50 on order

IG @purpleM5Comp_NY
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:53 PM   #16
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poleposition View Post
Rough words singularity but based on the fact that the aftermarket wheel business is a billion dollar industry, there are many people who disagree with you. Your admission of being unable to understand is too bad for you. Same can be said for your choices to change your front grills from the chrome they came with to black or anything else youve done to your car for that matter. Its your car, your personal choice. I applaud someone who wants to personalize their car. It's a statement. It's shows some individuality. I guess your inability to understand this speaks volumes about your blandness and boring approach to life.

All the best
No harsh words intended, but an opinion is very different and I say it as a fellow M enthusiast with best intentions, and yes, I don't exclude maybe I'm too conservative and many M5 drivers in Europe are. Or even maybe I have no taste and I'm boring. I'm always open to any criticism if the reasoning is argumented to help me understand it. As for the reasoning you mentioned, Rihanna and Nicki Minaj are also multimillion stars, whereas hundreds of genius artists and composers are left in shadow, live their life and die in severe poverty elsewhere in the world. The scale of an industry or demand is not a justification.

For example I bought H&R springs to get rid of the clunk sound, spent almost $1500 on installation and uninstallation alone, and I admitted to myself that a lowered car looked bad on winter wheels with them. Wrong design and practicality choice by me as I'd rather have the clunk sound than unsatisfactory looks in my car according to my friends and scratching the bottom in slopes.

I apologize to aculeg87 and to everyone else if my comment was misplaced or offended anyone, I just didn't agree with the opinion which I assumed was welcome if it was posted on the board.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:54 PM   #17
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by singularity View Post
Can't believe you guys (Americans) are so eager to change beautiful and sexy stock wheels for these vulgar wheels with bolts/screws around them (what those gangsta things are called) from HRE, ADV, BBS. American wheels were a fad, I had seen some of them 7-8 years ago and they lost popularity in only a few years, as did the neon lit wheels and circling gangsta wheels

All M5s that I've seen in Europe have stock wheels and keep stock wheels forever, they're considered to be harmonic and part of the car's design package which BMW's world class automotive designers work for years on. With respect to individual choice and tastes, I will never understand you and it pains me every time someone shows off his car with vulgar wheels. If you're not sure of how good your taste will look objectively, it's wise to let it be stock.
Hahahahahahahah WTF!? Really guy? I guess it's another reason to hate Americans. I don't know if you want to consider it a human trait or an American trait, but changing or personalizing something to your liking is something up to the individual. I am also probably the only person with a M5 and these wheels on it in the world at the present time.

For you to call my wheels vulgar is not only insulting but stupid. I also find it Ironic that in your profile pic I see a white M5 with black wheels. Not cliche' at all. I'm very happy with my vulgar wheels and when I posted these pics I wasn't asking for your approval or insults.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
I apologize to the op if my comment offended aculeg87, I just didn't agree with the opinion which I assumed was welcome if it was posted on the board.
Opinions yes, insults are different. If you want to drive your totally stock M5, by all means, enjoy. Most on this forum share different ideas and displays of personalization. Most are tasteful, some, not so much...But typically people are a little more careful with their words when expressing opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #19
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
Opinions yes, insults are different. If you want to drive your totally stock M5, by all means, enjoy. Most on this forum share different ideas and displays of personalization. Most are tasteful, some, not so much...But typically people are a little more careful with their words when expressing opinion.
My car is stock and those are stock wheels, along with everything else and I didn't insult anyone with my comment, I said that I find those types of wheels vulgar. I am careful with my words and advise you to be more careful with your very emotional responses. I said what I would say to a friend or a fellow driver in person - again with best intentions.

As for opinions about insulting others based on their taste, Geneva 2013: Hamann BMW M5 Mi5Sion is an example of a case when a topic name insulted a company, its customers who prefer that extraordinary design and considering many comments truly insulted other people's nations .

Last edited by singularity; 03-19-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:16 PM   #20
Pazzo009
Major
Rep

Quote:
My car is stock and those are stock wheels, along with everything else and I didn't insult anyone with my comment, I said that I find those types of wheels vulgar. I am careful with my words and advise you to be more careful with your very emotional responses. I said what I would say to a friend or a fellow driver in person - again with best intentions.

As for opinions about insulting others based on their taste, Geneva 2013: Hamann BMW M5 Mi5Sion is an example of a topic where the name insulted tastes of a company and many of its customers as well, along with true insults from the comments.
That Hamann car is something I think most could agree on is hideous looking.

Your wheels are stock? Do they come in black in Europe or do you have lots of brake dust? If not, thats a really good idea. White car, black wheels so it contrasts. I wonder if anyone has ever done that before.

I'm not emotional but your comment was insulting. Maybe it's because I wouldn't have said that to someone on the forum. I just wouldn't have commented. I guess thats just me.

I'll post pics before the car goes back on lease return so we can all appreciate the stock look of the car. Then I will sell my rims to another American.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:22 PM   #21
singularity
Driver
Rep

Quote:
That Hamann car is something I think most could agree on is hideous looking.

Your wheels are stock? Do they come in black in Europe or do you have lots of brake dust? If not, thats a really good idea. White car, black wheels so it contrasts. I wonder if anyone has ever done that before.

I'm not emotional but your comment was insulting. Maybe it's because I wouldn't have said that to someone on the forum. I just wouldn't have commented. I guess thats just me.

I'll post pics before the car goes back on lease return so we can all appreciate the stock look of the car. Then I will sell my rims to another American.
I would tell that to you in person too with that exact smile to show the best intention, it's a friendly opinion. I apologize if it seemed insulting but I just love stock wheels so much that it pains me to see when people change it to something I really dislike. My wheels are stock, it's just the picture in contrast, not black and not coated. I know that BMW Performance parts offers these same wheels in black by the way, and I think your wheels would look much better if coated in black so that those "spikes" around the wheel wouldn't be visible and it would give the contrast that you like so much, but in black.

As long as you like the car the way it is, you should just dismiss my first post and drive it the way you enjoy. It's your car and must be exactly how you want yourself and other people to see it, no matter they like it or not
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2013, 05:24 PM   #22
emmfive
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

I also like my stock wheels, but those wheels are far from vulgar. They look flat in the first pics, but in the 4th pic you can see they have a great deal of dimension, a hint of what they look like in real life.

And I like that wheel color with the MCB.
Appreciate 0