Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

02-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #45
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp - MBB/BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post
Wow and I used to like Farah but WOW what an idiot! The BMW NAV is by far the best and easiest and best structured on the marked!

The M5 has no identity???????? Show me one V8 out there that sounds like a BMW M5!? AMG just has a straight up V8 sound, just as Audi does. Yes the M5 could be a bit louder but for that there are aftermarket exhausts.

And the DCT clunky around town bullshit.... this guy should stop reviewing cars. Terrible, terrible, absolutely TERRIBLE review!
And I thought I was a BMW fanboy! HAHA

I agree BTW!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #46
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJohn View Post
I see it as a good thing. The F10 M5 still generates enough interest in the review community to be looked at again. I will gladly watch/read any new review of the car. I never fail to enjoy reviewers' reactions to the car's acceleration. I can't think of one review where the driver hasn't been in awe (or laughing out loud) when the power pins him to the seat. I can still hear Carlos Lago saying "This is ridiculous!" during an acceleration run. I think it takes everyone by surprise. It's just too big and handsome to go this fast. A true Q ship...an assassin in a three-piece suit.
I finally got the chance to drive an F10 M5 the other day and that was my exact reaction to feeling full acceleration the first time. For a bone stock huge sedan, it's mindblowingly quick and it just makes torque everywhere. I definitely disagree with Farah saying the DCT is jerky, the DCT in my 335is is a little jerky at times because it has different programming than what is in the E9x M3s and the DCT in the F1x M cars is even more smooth. I really couldn't find a fault with the current version of the DCT.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 11:51 PM   #47
ShahiniBmw
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC & 2017 x5

LMAOO this guy needs to find his own identity .. He's shot
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:02 AM   #48
rallybull
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i w/PPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by avlnch View Post
This is why you don't watch or read these things. Drive the cars your thinking about and make up your own mind.

I am no praiser, but have to say I'm not sure what better system there is than iDrive. COMAND is not, and Audi is a big fail IMO.

Everyone (mapping providers) has the same issues until they are fixed by crowd sourcing data. For example my E60 M5 wanted me to take every off ramp and on ramp I passed on the NJTP. No issue in the F10 M5.
BMW's navigation is especially horrible. My 2008 accord's navigation was light years ahead of BMW's. BMWs navigation takes me to a wrong destination "more often than not". It fails to display important road names when it bothers with displaying the names of small internal streets. It will make you go 2 miles further and then take a U turn and come back 2 miles when it could have easily saved me all that travel. Total junk!
But sure it looks pretty and lots of eye candy.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:12 AM   #49
BMWonlyZone
I Reserve the Right!
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5 Comp - MBB/BLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallybull View Post
BMW's navigation is especially horrible. My 2008 accord's navigation was light years ahead of BMW's. BMWs navigation takes me to a wrong destination "more often than not". It fails to display important road names when it bothers with displaying the names of small internal streets. It will make you go 2 miles further and then take a U turn and come back 2 miles when it could have easily saved me all that travel. Total junk!
But sure it looks pretty and lots of eye candy.
So use your iphone for nav. Who gives a shit. The M5 is still fuck*ng retarded to drive. Nothing comes close at all.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #50
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep
Drives: 08' M5, '09 335i, '18 M3 MT

See Matt Farahs replies.

ME: Exhaust has no identity?! Matt and @/Drive really take it over the top this time. Show me one other V8 out there that sounds like the M5?! Haters now?

FARAH: Ferrari? Koenigsegg? Maserati? Jaguar? Corvette? Shall I keep going?

Is this guy nuts?!?!?

ME: Complicated Nav?!?!? Matt, were you on drugs? BMW has by far the easiest and best Nav system. Very well structured and very easy to use.

FARAH: Maybe your BMW's nav system didn't get you lost twice in one day. This one did.

ME: I have driven many different cars the past 20 years since I also do test cars for a German magazine and I have owned BMWs the past 8 years, never had one bit of a problem with any of their Navs. I thought you knew the BMW Navs. I can't believe you got lost twice... I'm sure it wasn't the cars fault. Maybe they had a Canada DVD in your test car lol.

Sorry Matt... you definitely lost a Fan. What an idiot. Sorry to be so harsh but that's what I honestly think of him now. The NAV got him lost lol... probably he entered the wrong State or something. I will try getting exactly this press car (if it even is a press car. I doubt it cause it has a CA license plate instead of a common PA plate.) But at least I'll get an M5/6 and make a NAV test video. I will also compare the exhaust with my Friends 458 and Maserati.

Verde Mantis Green M3 F80 Manual
-
Motor Journalist from Germany and BMW Genius
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:33 AM   #51
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShahiniBmw View Post
LMAOO this guy needs to find his own identity .. He's shot
+1 What a fool!

-
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:34 AM   #52
kgroschi
Captain
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWonlyZone View Post
And I thought I was a BMW fanboy! HAHA

I agree BTW!
Well.. BMW is from my hometown so I got to like it No but seriously, I have driven so many cars and personally I think that BMW and Porsche are the best.

-
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:41 AM   #53
v3n0m
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB M5

Love the M5, but to be honest the nav data is kind of crap. Always puts me half a mile away from my destination. It's because they switched to teleatlas as their map data provider from navteq, which was far superior. Wish I could get navteq data instead.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 12:44 AM   #54
GotE46M
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Few M cars.

Completely agree on the Nav in my M5 is not the best but I wouldn't call it horrible.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 01:05 AM   #55
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

According to Matt it's FAST
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 01:22 AM   #56
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punitive View Post
I fail to understand how this guy is employed.
+1

blah blah blah ... its fast... blah blah blah....i had dinner with people....blah blah blah... its fast... blah blah blah.... its bouncy...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 01:27 AM   #57
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 949
Quote:
+1

blah blah blah ... its fast... blah blah blah....i had dinner with people....blah blah blah... its fast... blah blah blah.... i dont know how i got lost using a navi?!!?
He lives in LA and he's transparent and people like that.

Oh and it is fast. Very!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 02:05 AM   #58
kave
First Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: BMW 520D Touring 2012

Garage List
I didn't like this guys review either for some reason.
But to my surprise he found it to be very good on the track, except the suspension. It actually looks strange when the car bums up and down in the video.

I completely agree with the iDrive system, too many buttons and too complicated. After two years I still am not sure in what menu my car starts with and what happends when I press Back button. The CD button can also take me to different places.

Chris Harris is my favorite reviewer at the moment
      02-11-2014, 02:43 AM   #59
conradb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 (ZCP/DCT/ZCV)

As a DCT owner, Matt is spot on. Stupid and slow at low speeds no matter what you do. Further, the car is a fat pig. Unbelievable BMW would make a car that weighs so much and claim it to be a motorsport/track-worthy car. Even worse is how you have to drop $7500 on a track pack that should have been what the car came with standard to correct the general malaise of the car pre-LCI. The exhaust note is quiet and not very motorsport-y. Sad BMW has to pump in engine noise over the speakers now.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 02:47 AM   #60
conradb
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 (ZCP/DCT/ZCV)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgroschi View Post
See Matt Farahs replies.

ME: Exhaust has no identity?! Matt and @/Drive really take it over the top this time. Show me one other V8 out there that sounds like the M5?! Haters now?

FARAH: Ferrari? Koenigsegg? Maserati? Jaguar? Corvette? Shall I keep going?

Is this guy nuts?!?!?

ME: Complicated Nav?!?!? Matt, were you on drugs? BMW has by far the easiest and best Nav system. Very well structured and very easy to use.

FARAH: Maybe your BMW's nav system didn't get you lost twice in one day. This one did.

ME: I have driven many different cars the past 20 years since I also do test cars for a German magazine and I have owned BMWs the past 8 years, never had one bit of a problem with any of their Navs. I thought you knew the BMW Navs. I can't believe you got lost twice... I'm sure it wasn't the cars fault. Maybe they had a Canada DVD in your test car lol.

Sorry Matt... you definitely lost a Fan. What an idiot. Sorry to be so harsh but that's what I honestly think of him now. The NAV got him lost lol... probably he entered the wrong State or something. I will try getting exactly this press car (if it even is a press car. I doubt it cause it has a CA license plate instead of a common PA plate.) But at least I'll get an M5/6 and make a NAV test video. I will also compare the exhaust with my Friends 458 and Maserati.
<--- you
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 03:13 AM   #61
MTrezzz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lime Rock Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd598 View Post
i was about to post this video here. overall got good feedback, but got annoyed at the things he messed up on. DCT not good? chuckled at that one. how did tech get a 2 from the overall score? nav didn't work for HIM...everyone has different experiences. it's not like any nav system is easy to work with you have to play around with it to get it right. f30 chassis if you are going to quote a spec like that just get it right. like i said overall i think it was a good review he just messed up on some minor things almost as if he had to be picky.
I personally thought that the navigation was user friendly.. & I still don't like his opinion on keeping active sound. on a sports car you should here the exhaust. thats why you bought a … SPORTS Car!

But i still love the F10 M5 one of the best, wish it had the V10 though! or twin turbo V10
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 04:45 AM   #62
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gins
This review...

God, she is such a doll!

Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 05:03 AM   #63
Falafel Combo
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5 xDrive50i

Quote:

Agree. I also fail to see why people are still reviewing this car. I guess business is slow around this time of year.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 05:04 AM   #64
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

This guy is just "Full of shit" who employs people who know "Nothing" about the product?.
      02-11-2014, 05:20 AM   #65
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypx View Post

I didn't realize Matt was the lazy type. (DCT Start/Stop).
Really? Look at the guy. He even has that annoying fat guy raspy voice. All his reviews have that condescending, "If I don't know what it is, it must be stupid" tone.

I don't know, it's 6:20am and I may have woke up on the wrong side

Edit, I watched the video, and watching his jiggling man boob strapped by the seat belt was good for a laugh. Today might be a good day.

Last edited by StealYourFace; 02-11-2014 at 05:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2014, 05:40 AM   #66
StealYourFace
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M 6mt, E36 M3