M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications

11-04-2014, 03:25 PM   #23
gmd2003
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2014 CP M6 and 2006 VT 525 Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmd2003 View Post
Yep it did 11.45 with a 128.5 terminal Vbox speed not trap on a -2200 DA . That's as favorable air as I have ever seen . This comparison was done same location on close to 0 DA . The Dinan works like OEM power delivery and DCT wise so it's just as easy as stock to put down a good ET thus me consistently putting down 11.5's on street tires on a non prepped surface. Of course high HP / Tq is traction limited but that doesn't change the fact that the Dinan in the same conditions is significantly quicker . I'm sure if I come along to a -2k DA I can get an even faster time and a higher trap . About getting help there is nothing to fix with stage 1 it's only a boost controller and has limitations . If it were a JB 4 set up then it would have been a different story . The BMS was good but the Dinan is significantly better Bc it is full tuning product like the JB4 . Dinan has set parameters and doesn't allow end user tweaking BC they provide a warranty which is understandable . Again IF we had a JB4 for the S63Tu then I wouldn't have had to switch . That is totally not the case however . I have given my honest comparison , if you didn't like it fine but that doesn't make it invalid .
George
Don't get the wrong idea, I value your opinion and data greatly and appreciate all the time you have taken to do the testing and posting, as I am sure a lot of members here also appreciate it.

On the Stage1 you're aware it's the same box used in the n63 Stage2 where wires for air/fuel and timing are connected right? BMS had the fuel and timing control connected to their M5 before switching to meth. The box doesn't have CANbus (e.g. it's not a JB4) but there is a lot more they can do with it if customers have specific areas they need help with. In other words just because you are saying nothing can be done doesn't make it so. Someone would just need to email in and ask for help.

Mike
Mine was the early S63 / N63 stage 1 with only TMAP connectors . It doesn't have the board to run meth either , I believe that started shipping out after I had mine .
George
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 05:39 PM   #24
EuroKar
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
Don't get the wrong idea, I value your opinion and data greatly and appreciate all the time you have taken to do the testing and posting, as I am sure a lot of members here also appreciate it.

On the Stage1 you're aware it's the same box used in the n63 Stage2 where wires for air/fuel and timing are connected right? BMS had the fuel and timing control connected to their M5 before switching to meth. The box doesn't have CANbus (e.g. it's not a JB4) but there is a lot more they can do with it if customers have specific areas they need help with. In other words just because you are saying nothing can be done doesn't make it so. Someone would just need to email in and ask for help.

Mike
Mike, can you assist me with getting assistance with firmware updates and smoother shifts etc,. with BMS ?
I have multiple clients with BMS and when I email BMS about updates all I ever get in reply is "Any updates can be found online."
Unfortunately that reply doesn't help me and when I ask more specific questions I get no help.
You always respond so well for representing BMS.
Thanks for all your information regarding their products

Last edited by EuroKar; 11-04-2014 at 06:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #25
Mike@N54Tuning.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i, 2015 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroKar View Post
Mike, can you assist me with getting assistance with firmware updates and smoother shifts etc,. with BMS ?
I have multiple clients with BMS and when I email BMS about updates all I ever get in reply is "Any updates can be found online."
Unfortunately that reply doesn't help me and when I ask more specific questions I get no help.
You always respond so well for representing BMS.
Thanks for all your information regarding their products
You will need to speak with Terry over there for help with the new firmware. I will PM you his direct email address.

Mike
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 12:48 AM   #26
Dinan_Engineering
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Any BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike@N54Tuning.com View Post
I'd consult a professional for anything like this but my reading of BMW's lease agreement is that you agree not to modify the vehicle. Dinan flags the VIN with BMW. So there is a potential conflict there.
Any tune could flag the VIN with BMW, not just Dinan. Talk to your dealership directly on this topic as they will be the ones that enforce any lease contracts and the limitations on them.

Quote:
The Dinan warranty also excludes coverage for any non-Dinan parts. Like downpipes, intakes, etc, so if say a turbo were to blow, and Dinan was aware of the non-Dinan parts, they could decide to deny warranty coverage. Dinan's warranty also excludes racing.
This is true. The Dinan warranty does include coverage of any non-Dinan parts. Our warranty is a matching FACTORY new car warranty which stands to reason we would only cover factory components as well as our own. Why would we cover a 3rd party manufacturer that we have no relationship with and have no idea of their quality standards? If that 3rd party manufacturer doesn't provide a warranty (which chances are they do not) why should Dinan take responsibility? Regardless, while it is possible that a claim could be denied its not like if a turbo blew and you had an Akrapovic exhaust that Dinan would immediately not warranty the problem because of the exhaust. There still has to be some logic behind the madness after all. If anyone has any specific questions on the warranty and these types of things feel free to call the office directly and we will be more then happy to answer any and all questions related to the warranty.

All that said it still comes down to we are the ONLY aftermarket tuner that provides a factory matching warranty. We stand behind our products and have done so for 35 years.

Quote:
At the end of the day modding a car should be done with consideration and knowing some things can go wrong. This goes with tunes and any other aftermarket parts.
Agreed. Although with Dinan you have the warranty if something does go wrong. We will simply fix it, pay for it, and get you back on the road if it's by our doing. =)
Appreciate 0