M5POST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

02-23-2009, 03:41 AM   #1
ThePerfectExposure
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus

Talking BMW Art Cars Designed by Andy Warhol & Other Modern Artists

Many More High Resolution Shots

http://the-perfect-exposure.blogspot...ed-by-roy.html
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #2
Streaker
Always ride naked
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 320i

In a recent British mag, the M1 was voted one of the 20 most expensive cars of all time. Think it was 12bar (12 000 000 pounds), will get hold of publication and confirm price but it was in top 20.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 01:11 AM   #3
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

The first three pics were a waste of BMW M1. It deserves better in it's retirement.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
Streaker
Always ride naked
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 320i

Just an update on the value of that M1, it is in fact ranked the tenth most valuable car and it is valued at 10 000 000 pounds and not 12 as I stated previously. Just for intrest, the moon rovers are currently only 7 million a piece, but try and get one of the four made!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2009, 10:55 PM   #5
Guildenstern
or Rosencrantz
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Montego Blue 128i

Garage List
2008 128i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
The first three pics were a waste of BMW M1. It deserves better in it's retirement.
The Warhol M1 is a fantastic piece. Moreso when you think of the fact that it was hand painted by him, then Raced at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1979, it came in 6th. I just wish they would have left it un-retouched. I guess some of the paint came off during the race what with the rain and the speed and all.

What would you have done with it? Sitting in some billionare's collection hangar? Or puttering around in some club race somewhere falling to bits?

You don't seem to mind that the other art car's are just sitting on display, the M1 was neat, but it's just as irrelevent today as a competitive race car as Stella's 3.0 CSL. Cool for the weekend club racer, but a severe waste of a singular piece.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 04:22 AM   #6
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guildenstern View Post
The Warhol M1 is a fantastic piece. Moreso when you think of the fact that it was hand painted by him, then Raced at the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1979, it came in 6th. I just wish they would have left it un-retouched. I guess some of the paint came off during the race what with the rain and the speed and all.

What would you have done with it? Sitting in some billionare's collection hangar? Or puttering around in some club race somewhere falling to bits?

You don't seem to mind that the other art car's are just sitting on display, the M1 was neat, but it's just as irrelevent today as a competitive race car as Stella's 3.0 CSL. Cool for the weekend club racer, but a severe waste of a singular piece.
Right, i had no idea he painted it himself. Was thinking more like being involved in the design of it.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 05:46 AM   #7
Deda
Major General
Croatia
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 comp

great pics!
Appreciate 0