BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

09-25-2023, 06:12 PM   #1
Jasonm711
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 F10

Wheel base issue

I brought a crash damaged m5 f10 had front and side impact I’ve repaired all damage completed a structural report on the chassis and the mounting points had the car measured on a car’o’liner next step was final inspection well the car failed since the right hand wheel base is 2954mm should be 2964mm I did some measuring seems the right side rear wheel sits 10mm forward than the left side is this normal? I immediately thought It was the subframe since the control arm mount was cracked from impact and I welded it back together originally. So I purchased and installed a used subframe still hasn’t fixed the issue. Has anyone had a similar issue I’m not sure what to buy next of course I’ve looked at the control arms tried to compare them the best I can to the left side if one is bent it’s visually hard to tell I guess I wanna know thoughts on which part would be more probable to cause the wheel base to pull forward
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2023, 06:23 AM   #2
M5Rick
General
Rep
Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

I cm out, you've replaced the affected control arm also?
Appreciate 0