Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > BMW M5 (F10) General Forum

08-17-2013, 09:37 PM   #23
Rohardi
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Q50S Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdList View Post
Thank you! Hey, since I ordered a new M6 so she will be getting stripped of some mods (wheels at very least). Let me know if you want them!
I'm going to stick with the OEM non CP 20s, but thanks for the offer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot View Post
Get Monte Carlo Blue. Honestly it makes my day every time I see it. The others are ordinary.

This car really gets looks!

I'm going to be test driving a used 2013 MCB M5 Monday to get a feel for the car. I'll be ordering in Novemberish so I have some time to figure it out. It really is such a hard choice. My GF is pushing for MCB...
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #24
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2014 911 Turbo S

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi View Post
I'm going to be test driving a used 2013 MCB M5 Monday to get a feel for the car. I'll be ordering in Novemberish so I have some time to figure it out. It really is such a hard choice. My GF is pushing for MCB...
Yeah women love the blue.

BTW the MCB looks great not just under the sun, but in all weather conditions. Here it is on a cloudy winter's day.

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8072/8...a4669463_b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8351/8...b09806aa_b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8500/8...656da9c2_b.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8218/8...a1ee945d_b.jpg[/IMG]
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #25
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
BTW @Rohardi - I use a pretty high end camera. My photos are pretty accurate from a color perspective.

It's interesting how the color looks different under different lighting conditions - bright sunlight in Coral Gables, rainy winter's day in Georgia, and the evening photos. But in each setting it still looks gorgeous.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #26
RPiM5
Major General
Rep
Drives: Black M5

I got to see a 2014 M5 today with the Comp Package and trust me it will look good no matter what color it's in. Pictures coming soon!

BTW the new headlights are DISGUSTING!!!

Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:20 PM   #27
Rohardi
Lieutenant
Rep

Yea, your pics are always amazing! Clearly your using a high end camera. I'm using a Nikon D7000 and I'm still learning. I can defiantly say its more than just the camera. You need talent and a good subject to get great photos. You have both my friend! The ED pics of your 550 and M5 blow me away!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:28 PM   #28
Rohardi
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post

DISGUSTING in a good way I'm assuming Dave?
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2013, 10:44 PM   #29
BZATWORK
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 MCB

Gorgeous pictures. I can't wait to see the new build.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #30
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi
Quote:

DISGUSTING in a good way I'm assuming Dave?
In a ridiculously good way. Lol!

Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 03:13 AM   #31
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
Get Monte Carlo Blue. Honestly it makes my day every time I see it. The others are ordinary.

This car really gets looks!
Agreed 100%
      08-18-2013, 07:24 AM   #32
ColdList
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: McLaren 675LT / C7 Z07

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
BTW @Rohardi - I use a pretty high end camera. My photos are pretty accurate from a color perspective.

It's interesting how the color looks different under different lighting conditions - bright sunlight in Coral Gables, rainy winter's day in Georgia, and the evening photos. But in each setting it still looks gorgeous.
MCB really gets my attention too. I remember walking into the showroom a few mos back and one was sitting there and I almost bought it for my wife just because it looked so nice. Agreed on lighting. Seems to always look good. Was giving serious thought to ordering it on my M6 but I think it is suited perfectly for the M5 not the 6. Different lines and just matches he car so well.

2016 McLaren 675LT - Chicane Grey
2016 Corvette Z07 - Artic White
2016 BMW F86 X6M - Black Sapphire Metallic
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2013, 07:42 AM   #33
Rob///M5
Major
Rep
Drives: 2013 M5 SSII

Garage List
2013 BMW M5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohardi
Stealth, your pics are confusing me on me further on what color to pick. I'm between Silverstone, MCB, and Singapore Gray...
MCB. Next question please.
      08-18-2013, 07:54 AM   #34
singularity
Driver
Rep
Drives: M5 (F10)

Having AW and MCB, I have to admit that if one had to choose between the two - Monte Carlo Blue is a better color. There is also some explanation to it, for example some parts such as matte white brows above headlight's get washed in on Alpine White and are not very pronounced, making the car's hood and headlights look different than designed, whereas Monte Carlo Blue accentuates the car's lines very nicely, looks amazing in all weather and daytime conditions - except when dirty (looks like an old blue car), is an ///M color and DRL+rear lights look indeed very beautiful in this color.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2013, 06:07 AM   #35
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Oh Stealthy... we're on different coasts but I swear we think the same with cars. I finalized my order last week for an Individual M6 GC.

I will let the cat out of the bag though on colors: Champagne Quartz Metallic with Amaro Brown Extended interior (and matching headliner). Special order on the exterior. Worth it - fell in love with the color when I saw a few cars at M GmbH.

Went with all the options, including ceramic brakes. No ZCP on the GC currently but that'll be rectified by some aftermarket stuff I'm sure.
      08-20-2013, 09:40 AM   #36
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post
Oh Stealthy... we're on different coasts but I swear we think the same with cars. I finalized my order last week for an Individual M6 GC.

I will let the cat out of the bag though on colors: Champagne Quartz Metallic with Amaro Brown Extended interior (and matching headliner). Special order on the exterior. Worth it - fell in love with the color when I saw a few cars at M GmbH.

Went with all the options, including ceramic brakes. No ZCP on the GC currently but that'll be rectified by some aftermarket stuff I'm sure.
Congratulations. That car is going to be stunning! Champagne quartz was on my short list too but in the end I went a different direction. I saw a Champagne Quartz with Platinum M5 in Germany and thought it was fantastic.

I had read somewhere that ZCP can be special ordered on the GC but there is a lot of misinformation online so don't know if its true. Worth checking if you haven't already asked.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 04:04 PM   #37
DocMick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MCB F10 M5

M5Navy

Cuz it's blue...
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #38
RPiM5
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdimagineer View Post

I don't know how long ago you tried to order the M6GC with the Comp Package, but I saw one in the flesh last weekend. The 601M Wheels on the M6GC looked very good as well!

Also didn't you get rid of your F10 M5 and then got into your Tesla Model S, now are you going back to an M6GC? Are you keeping the Tesla? The Tesla is a fantastic car, I wouldn't get rid of it, but I remember you said that your circumstances changed for vehicles and you needed something more fuel efficient, I think. Anyways, you seem to know what you are doing. Can't wait to see your M6GC. I saw one in Singapore Gray last weekend as well. Beautiful.

Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #39
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

I'm keeping the Tesla. It will be my daily. It is an absolutely amazing piece of engineering, and with the recent press, it's the safest car ever built. But it does have a few flaws. The biggest is seating. It's not fun to drive spirited because there's absolutely no lateral body support. It hugs corners and responds incredibly well (for electric steering) and is a total blast to drive, but gets tiring fast when you're using your own muscles and body weight to keep you in the seat. Straight line drags are always fun, and it's amazing to see the look on people's faces when they see how quickly the thing out-accelerates most other cars.

The other problem is just simply range. For my commute it's perfect. For longer distance travel, Tesla is building out their network of free superchargers and that's awesome, but for the moment it's simply not something I can take to Tahoe or anywhere else, for example, without having to use a slower charging station. That just eats time.

That's where the M6GC comes in. It'll be my weekend and long distance road trip car.

I did find out about ZCP and it has been added to my order. The only thing that's still up in the air is whether or not the car can be built with the new iDrive touch controller. My dealer says yes, but is awaiting confirmation from BMWNA. If it can't, I might change the order to an M5. I don't want to miss this new feature.
      08-21-2013, 09:55 PM   #40
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
@wdimagineer I think you should stick with the M6GC even if it doesn't have the touch controller. The touch controller is only for character entry and how often do you do that? I usually have the Concierge enter all addresses, and phone numbers I dial by voice.

I actually slightly regret not getting the GC when I had access to an allocation in June.

BTW I should thank you. You posted about the Tesla last November and encouraged us to take a test drive which is what prompted my visit to the dealer last December. After that I bought $40k of stock at $40. I'm up over $100k... ðŸ‘

I also have a very low production number for the model X which I will flip next year.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2013, 11:20 PM   #41
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
@wdimagineer I think you should stick with the M6GC even if it doesn't have the touch controller. The touch controller is only for character entry and how often do you do that? I usually have the Concierge enter all addresses, and phone numbers I dial by voice.

I actually slightly regret not getting the GC when I had access to an allocation in June.

BTW I should thank you. You posted about the Tesla last November and encouraged us to take a test drive which is what prompted my visit to the dealer last December. After that I bought $40k of stock at $40. I'm up over $100k... ðŸ‘

I also have a very low production number for the model X which I will flip next year.
He called me not more than 10 minutes ago to say yes, it will have the touch controller. Now the debate is whether I keep the ceramic brakes. I'm not a huge fan of the gold caliper color seeing it in person at Monterrey this weekend. Did you opt for them?

TSLA is on a roll. I've made similar gains. Converted about $200K of AAPL to TSLA back in September when AAPL hit $700. I'm heavily invested in AAPL (former employee) and the dividends lately have allowed me to do all of this. I suspect all of this Tesla momentum should have a positive impact on the rest of the industry. The i3 is a great car, but it is not a "game changer" by any stretch. I had the chance to drive one and it was lethargic and the most un-BMW model they've ever made. The tires on my mountain bike are about the same profile, I kid you not.

I have 2 Model X Signature Performance reservations. I will flip one (like I did with my Signature Model S Performance reservation) and keep the other, selling my Model S prior to delivery. That flip netted me $40K profit on top of the $40K deposit, just FYI. I fully expect some other crazy person with lots of disposable income will do the same with Model X.
      08-21-2013, 11:26 PM   #42
stealth.pilot
Knight Commander
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
@wdimagineer

I didn't get the ceramic brakes. Mainly because its $9k and while I think they are good, I don't think the difference is $9k big. I think the gold calipers would look okay with my new color scheme, and I think it will go well with Champagne Quartz too. Not sure that is a big issue.

When I drove the M6GC and the M5 back to back at COTA, I missed the last corner in the M5. I think it was because I had overestimated the braking power after driving the M6GV with the CCB. Apart from that I didn't notice the difference. So I think the difference is meaningful, but you don't notice it except when you're driving all out.

I'd love to learn how you go about flipping a Tesla reservation. Haven't thought that part through yet.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2013, 02:05 AM   #43
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Quote:
I don't know how long ago you tried to order the M6GC with the Comp Package, but I saw one in the flesh last weekend. The 601M Wheels on the M6GC looked very good as well!

Also didn't you get rid of your F10 M5 and then got into your Tesla Model S, now are you going back to an M6GC? Are you keeping the Tesla? The Tesla is a fantastic car, I wouldn't get rid of it, but I remember you said that your circumstances changed for vehicles and you needed something more fuel efficient, I think. Anyways, you seem to know what you are doing. Can't wait to see your M6GC. I saw one in Singapore Gray last weekend as well. Beautiful.
I read here in the UK, these Tesla's take up to 15 hours to charge!!!!!!!! is this correct?.