Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: work truck

Smile Color to Select for Sensitive Perception Concerns

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey All,

I am in a role that requires that outside perception be limited and the more stealth color the better.

I currently have a Silverstone M3 sedan that is pretty low profile. No problems there.

The question is is what color M5 would be best to select so that non-car people do not overreact to the vehicle looks.

MCB kinda screams look at me so I was thinking Singapore Grey.

Silverstone is nice, but rather plain to be honest.

The car will be winter driven so looking clean is a +.

Comments? Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 02:20 PM   #2
Tupapison
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: 2012 F10 M5

Alpine White.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Unfortunately I think low profile and easy color to keep clean looking are hard things to achieve together sometimes. All the darker colors like black, imperial blue, Singapore grey are low profile but because they're dark they show dirt easy.

Silverstone would be great for both but you said its boring.

How about space gray or Havana? Both are medium colors which would still not be super flashy but not show dirt as easily as the dark colors. I'm a big fan of Havana after seeing those new pics posted in the Havana photo thread. Did you see those http://f10.m5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=587648?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Stupid question here, but how would you describe the color of Havana? Its kinda browny grey...

Hard to pick interior to match too I was thinking

I agreee that a winter car needs to be silver or white to be clean. Tough there.

My old TL was a Space Grey type color and it was nice. Already a Space Grey 335xi in the lot here though...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 03:38 PM   #5
AM47
Driver
Canada
Rep
Drives: M5,X5M

Monte Carlo Blue, it's not as showy as you may think. It is easy to keep clean in winter at least Ontario's. The colour in natural light is not as brilliant as you see it in a lot of the pictures more subtle but still stunning. We have always had black vehicles and it took a big change for us at least, to go with MCB don't regret it one bit.
Whatever your sensitive issue is don't let it rule your personal choice get the colour you want not what your sensitive issue requires.
Just my opinion hope it helps.

Last edited by AM47; 03-27-2012 at 03:40 PM.. Reason: Added word
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 03:48 PM   #6
Subway35
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW X6M

Either space gray or silverstone!
MCB is not really a low profile colour. My friend's MCB X6M draws way more crowds attention than my SSII X6M.
      03-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #7
BMW0412
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM47 View Post
Monte Carlo Blue, it's not as showy as you may think. It is easy to keep clean in winter at least Ontario's. The colour in natural light is not as brilliant as you see it in a lot of the pictures more subtle but still stunning. We have always had black vehicles and it took a big change for us at least, to go with MCB don't regret it one bit.
Whatever your sensitive issue is don't let it rule your personal choice get the colour you want not what your sensitive issue requires.
Just my opinion hope it helps.
MCB MCB MCB
Yeahh good taste
what color did you choose for interior and trim?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 04:29 PM   #8
deathray
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M, iX 50, Range Rover

In my opinion, space grey is probably the most unassuming colour of the lot, but, I do find it rather plain. The havana is actually a nice brown and might sneak under the radar (Bavaria BMW in Edmonton has a 6 in havana on the lot if youre interested in actually seeing the colour). Black doesnt necessarily grab a lot of attention as a colour, but, it will probably make the car look aggressive enough to turn a few heads (or so is my hope anyways). Let us know what you pick.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #9
phish_100
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Azurite Black F10M M5

You say silverstone is nice but too plain. Did I misunderstand or do you not want something plain?
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #10
Grover432
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 535 XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
Hey All,

I am in a role that requires that outside perception be limited and the more stealth color the better.

I currently have a Silverstone M3 sedan that is pretty low profile. No problems there.

The question is is what color M5 would be best to select so that non-car people do not overreact to the vehicle looks.

MCB kinda screams look at me so I was thinking Singapore Grey.

Silverstone is nice, but rather plain to be honest.

The car will be winter driven so looking clean is a +.

Comments? Thoughts?
I don't like the really dark colours as I find the scratches bother me over time (love the look when new though). I'd consider Space Gray, but it is a bit boring. It is low key though. I'm tired of Silver. One of my first choices is White, but I think it really stands out. My other thought about white is it seems to accentuate the read quarter panel, which in pictures looks larger than with darker colours.

As to MCB, I love the colour, but I'm not sure I could live with it for 3+ years. I think it stands out a bit too much for me (more than white).

Tough choices..
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #11
uhn2000
Big K...
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3CS BX7

Look in my humble opinion I think Frozen Silver is the best colour for the M5, hands down (its unreal in person). So if you are willing to pay the premium its worth it! The unfortunate part of the standard colours is they are not that "special" so you might have to go individual - let me know if you would be open to that and we can talk options because there are about 2 or 3 I would highly recommend!
      03-27-2012, 09:10 PM   #12
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

I have SSII and its ok but I need something new.

I'll go to Bav and see the Havana.

The frozen colors will cause the dirt to stick so I think for the Great White North it'll be filthy all the time.

I still am feeling the Singapore Grey, we'll see. I think one is coming to town soon.

MCB is too much, the blue just stands out too much...
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #13
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg
I have SSII and its ok but I need something new.

I'll go to Bav and see the Havana.

The frozen colors will cause the dirt to stick so I think for the Great White North it'll be filthy all the time.

I still am feeling the Singapore Grey, we'll see. I think one is coming to town soon.

MCB is too much, the blue just stands out too much...
Let us know what you think of Havana in person when you see it. I'm personally very curious and can't wait to see it in person since I like it so much in pics.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:13 AM   #14
deathray
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M, iX 50, Range Rover

The havana is a nice colour and all, but, I didnt think it was right for this car. I think this car was made to look aggressive and the brown will dull the lines a bit. Then again, Im not usually a huge fan of beiges and browns in general. The cohiba brown leather...now thats a different story. If the individual colours were full leather instead of extended I would have taken that for sure.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #15
AlpWhite11
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg
Stupid question here, but how would you describe the color of Havana? Its kinda browny grey...

Hard to pick interior to match too I was thinking

I agreee that a winter car needs to be silver or white to be clean. Tough there.

My old TL was a Space Grey type color and it was nice. Already a Space Grey 335xi in the lot here though...
Brown-grey sounds about right from the pics posted so far.

I think it'd be an easy color to match an interior too. Brown, black, grey all would work. Even sakhir orange would be ok IMO.
Appreciate 0