07-22-2014, 01:08 AM   #23
Fantasm
Lieutenant
Algeria
Rep
Drives: SL63

Quote:
Originally Posted by greentrbo95gst View Post
I think the NT05's are not as sticky as PSS's and they cant hold their temps as good. Tested them multiple times on the street and track. Ended up in the garbage bin.
I have to completely disagree with you.
There is no way that you can say the stock PSS are as sticky, much less stickier than NT05's...

Stock PSS I can go power sliding all day, with my NT05's I sometimes am actually surprised at the grip they have when I expect to be going sideways and I don't OR I do spin but the lateral slide is very little and I continue mostly straight path.

Look at the difference in both tread pattern and tread compound. The NT05's are almost semi-slick and have a lot softer compound.
There is just much more rubber down on the road with the NT05's than the PSS.

When I burn out or power slide the amount of rubber left behind on the street is like 2x or 3x the amount the PSS leave on the ground.

I take my car completely sideways, multiple times, every single time I drive it... including power launches and super aggressive driving.
There is most definitely a larger increase in traction on the NT05's, but they DO NEED to be warmed up / heated up before the larger amount of traction becomes available -- these are not for an every day cruiser type of driver - they are meant for the track or driving like you are on the track.

I'm going to get about 5000 miles out of the NT05's hopefully, and after that I'm gonna switch to Hankook RS3's on the rear and see if they are any better.
I'm running 275/35/18 RS3 squared setup on my 500RWHP M3 and they do pretty well, but it has a lot less torque than my M5.
      07-22-2014, 05:08 AM   #24
M5Rlz
Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8, f10m59(Rip), m4, GTR

Op needs to spend some more time with the power . I put 17k miles on the stock rears and while it was kicking out and tripping traction a good bit, I would have never known I had 1.5mm of tread left
Appreciate 0